OT: 2016 Redskins Part XII: We don't need no stinkin' kicker SEAN MCVAY HIRED BY RAMS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Caps Circle

Jan 19, 2015
Chantilly, VA
So those players developed the defensive scheme themselves? Makes sense. :sarcasm:

With a defense of that talent level, scheme doesn't matter as much. All the DC needs to do is not get in their way. Seattle still has one of the best defenses in the league, and Bradley hasn't been around there in a while.

And honestly, Jacksonville underperformed under him. A team with Jalen Ramsey, Myles Jack, etc. should do way better than allowing 25 ppg (I could give him a pass here since the offense was terrible and D had to protect a short field) and over 100 rushing yards per game. With the talent level in DC, Bradley's schemes wouldn't do much.

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
Baby Shanny and Kirk reunion not going to happen in Denver:

The Broncos hired Miami Dolphins defensive coordinator Vance Joseph as their next head coach, to replace retiring Gary Kubiak.

This is from yahoo. Not posting the link since it has ****ing autoplay video embedded.

sycamore

Jan 16, 2010
NFL this weekend I'm going:

1. Cheaters vs Texans: Cheaters (no brainer)

2. Falcons vs Seahawks: Falcons (Seahawks are too inconsistent)

3. Chiefs vs Steelers: Chiefs (I realize that the Steelers are red hot but Arrowhead might be the biggest home field advantage in the league. I've seen lesser Chief teams dispatch more talented teams simply as a result of their incredible Home Field Advantage).

4. Cowboys vs Green Bay: Cowboys (another tough one, I might regret picking against Rodgers, but Dallas at home in the first meaningful playoff game in a long time, tough to pick against).

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
NFL this weekend I'm going:

1. Cheaters vs Texans: Cheaters (no brainer)

2. Falcons vs Seahawks: Falcons (Seahawks are too inconsistent)

3. Chiefs vs Steelers: Chiefs (I realize that the Steelers are red hot but Arrowhead might be the biggest home field advantage in the league. I've seen lesser Chief teams dispatch more talented teams simply as a result of their incredible Home Field Advantage).

4. Cowboys vs Green Bay: Cowboys (another tough one, I might regret picking against Rodgers, but Dallas at home in the first meaningful playoff game in a long time, tough to pick against).

They're all interesting games to me, except maybe NE and only if they're losing heh.

My first impression is the same but the Steelers could win if Bell and the defense show up the way they've been going, and the Packers could pull off the upset if Prescott gets rookie nerves out of the blue and fans start calling for Romo lol.

Jacoby4HOF66

Pull my finger
Mar 13, 2009
With a defense of that talent level, scheme doesn't matter as much. All the DC needs to do is not get in their way. Seattle still has one of the best defenses in the league, and Bradley hasn't been around there in a while.

And honestly, Jacksonville underperformed under him. A team with Jalen Ramsey, Myles Jack, etc. should do way better than allowing 25 ppg (I could give him a pass here since the offense was terrible and D had to protect a short field) and over 100 rushing yards per game. With the talent level in DC, Bradley's schemes wouldn't do much.

Seattles current defense starters, accept for Thomas, that were drafted during Bradley's time in SEA:

Micheal Bennett/DL: Undrafted - 2009
Mike Morgan/OLB: Undrafted - 2011
Bobby Wagner/MLB: 2nd Round - 2012
KJ Wright/OLB: 4th Round - 2011
Richard Sherman/CB: 5th Round - 2011
DeShawn Shead/CB: Undrafted - 2012
Kam Chancellor/SS: 5th Round - 2010
Earl Thomas/FS: 1st Round - 2010

8 of 11 current starters on SEA's defense were drafted or aquired during Bradley's time in SEA. And only 1 was a 1st round pick. Majority were mid round and undrafted. And it stands to reason Bradley played a role in identifying these players and drafting/acquiring them. Identifying and acquiring these players with Scot McClouhan. I wouldn't mind getting the two of them together again to see if they can hit on as many mid round and undrafted "talent" in DC.

Also, Jacksonville's defense ranked 6th overall in total defense last year. The Redskins ranked 28th. A **** offense can explain the poor ppg.

Sep 19, 2008
Keep hating ne lol. They
Do things the right way and are the model NFL franchise.

Bradley is meh. Get Phillips. We have his son anyway. Come home papa bear

And no matter who they hire they need to blow up that D. Very little talent outside of Kerrigan and Norman. Hall says most players allegedly playing for money instead of to win.

Jacoby4HOF66

Pull my finger
Mar 13, 2009
Keep hating ne lol. They
Do things the right way and are the model NFL franchise.

Bradley is meh. Get Phillips. We have his son anyway. Come home papa bear

And no matter who they hire they need to blow up that D. Very little talent outside of Kerrigan and Norman. Hall says most players allegedly playing for money instead of to win.

If, if, McVay lands in LA he takes Wes and Wade Phillips with him.

I'd take Wade Phillips over all others but if he goes elsewhere I wouldn't mind Bradley. He worked with McClou to build a pretty good defense in SEA. Wouldn't mind him doing that with McClou in DC.

Jacoby4HOF66

Pull my finger
Mar 13, 2009
As someone who visits San Diego regularly, nobody there really cares about the Chargers.

Yeah I have friends and family in that area, they really don't.

Having said that, from no teams for over 20 years they are back to 2? I don't get it. 1 team is all that market can take with everything else it has to offer.

I also read the Chargers plan to move for the 2017 season. Where are they going to play? Coliseum? That would be 3 teams tearing up that turf. The Rose Bowl didn't want the Rams why would they want the Chargers?

Jacoby4HOF66

Pull my finger
Mar 13, 2009
In additions to moving to LA:

Hard to understand if this is true. Chargers is a great name and the uniforms are fantastic, especially the powder blues. If this does happen, and the Skins are forced to drop their name, I'd love the Washington Chargers.

Anyway, my idea for a new name for the team is the LA Hey Dudes. Jeff Spicoli would be the mascot.

RandyHolt

Keep truckin'
Nov 3, 2006
Some of my favorite Chargers games ft. Dan Fouts. No OL, getting absolutely clobbered after going deep to... Charlie Joiner IIRC

Jacoby4HOF66

Pull my finger
Mar 13, 2009

Check out the twitter handle and new logo, of sorts. Also, no tweet to go with this one on their home schedule...

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
Do we really buy that nobody is going to show up for an LA Chargers game?

Spanos certainly comes off looking bad as does any owner who moves a team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->