OT: 2016 Redskins Part IX: Everybody Loves Gruden

Status
Not open for further replies.

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
Have they always preceded the draft with a big production of the national anthem put on by troops from all the military branches and a big video flag waving on a giant screen behind them?

Because that was some ridiculous ****. It's a ****ing draft.

Langway

In den Wolken
Jul 7, 2006
So getting filmed taking bonghits with a gas mask is probably a bad idea...

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
So getting filmed taking bonghits with a gas mask is probably a bad idea...

Says his account was jacked 10 min before the draft. Smells like some kind of blown up extortion attempt, imo.

"I was at that party with you. Pay me $100,000 or I drop this vid right before the draft."

No way he posts that himself.

Cush

Dec 1, 2002
Northern Virginia
Trade..bah, its only one spot. Won't get much for that. 6th rounder in 2017

WTF, always a commercial when Washington is up.

Pick is: Josh Doctson, WR, TCU

Last edited:

pman25

Aug 29, 2009
Richmond
Nice. Ease him in behind Garcon / Jackson, full timer next year. Or release Garcon to save the $ if you think he is ready now

This dude made some ridiculously athletic plays

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
Doctson was an absolute beast in college. Looks like they went BPA, which is always the best strategy.

I loathe grading draft classes before they've even finished, but Doug Farrar, in my opinion one of the best writers out there, gave the Redskins an A+ for the pick. The only other teams to get an A+ were Jacksonville (Jalen Ramsey) and New Orleans (Sheldon Rankins). Here is what he said about the pick:

Doctson has been one of the most productive receivers in the nation in the last two seasons, and on tape his talent backs up all those numbers. Doctson is especially strong when asked to compete with cornerbacks and safeties on 50/50 balls, and he combines size, strength and speed to be one of the class's best talents at any position. Kirk Cousins just got himself a very good red-zone target and a perfect fit for Jay Gruden's West Coast offense.

There is a ton of talent left in this draft. Many guys are sitting in the 2nd round that the "experts" guaranteed would be gone Day 1, including all of the Alabama D guys.

Bananas

Sponsor
Mar 26, 2007
If it's a guy like Allen or Cerrato drafting I'd be far more skeptical. McGloo has earned the benefit of the doubt. I have confidence that he believes that trenches win games and he's got a plan in place to keep us getting stronger there.

Sep 19, 2008
There is no issue here with the WR pick. Could have used a man on d but can pick that up later.

WR is sort of a need. Roberts basically doesn't do ****. So pick that TCU guy up. I remember watching a few seconds of the draft during the intermission before overtime at Verizon last night. Didn't have any complaints when the scroll at the bottom said the Skins drafted him.

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
There is no issue here with the WR pick. Could have used a man on d but can pick that up later.

WR is sort of a need. Roberts basically doesn't do ****. So pick that TCU guy up. I remember watching a few seconds of the draft during the intermission before overtime at Verizon last night. Didn't have any complaints when the scroll at the bottom said the Skins drafted him.

Roberts will be cut post June 1 and as soon as he's medically cleared. Guaranteed.

hockeykicker

Dec 3, 2014
Some of the random draft prediction websites have the skins taking hackenberg the penn state Qb in the third round haha

Cush

Dec 1, 2002
Northern Virginia
Some of the random draft prediction websites have the skins taking hackenberg the penn state Qb in the third round haha

Saw that, think they take one tomorrow. Like the Doctson pick, but was hoping for a trade down to add more 2nd or 3rd round picks (Houston's pick is for next year). Lot's of guys on D seem to be falling, might be able to trade back from 53 and still get someone they like.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad