OT: 2016 Ottawa Music Festival and Concerts Thread

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
Tragically Hip are in Ottawa on August 18. Canadian Tire Centre.

Tickets June 3.

I have no idea how Gord is going to find the strength to do a full tour.

My dad's brain cancer went from diagnosis-to-death in 8 months, and by month 4 he didn't have the strength to do even little jobs around the house like vacuuming.

I'm still gutted by this news. I'm losing my dad and my favorite singer to Brain Cancer in the same year. God damnit.

jason2020

Sep 24, 2014

My dad's brain cancer went from diagnosis-to-death in 8 months, and by month 4 he didn't have the strength to do even little jobs around the house like vacuuming.

I'm still gutted by this news. I'm losing my dad and my favorite singer to Brain Cancer in the same year. God damnit.

For some working helps vs staying home jut doing nothing.

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
For some working helps vs staying home jut doing nothing.

For most cancers, yeah.

Brain cancer is a beast. Trust me. I've seen it up close and personal. It's nothing like the rest of them.

The extra sad thing is with brain cancer, you lose the person far before they actually die. They become someone else. It's a brutal, harsh, heartbreaking way to die.

Babych Moustache

Don'tBashThe'Stache
Jul 4, 2008
Ottawa
Got 4 tickets to see Gord and his boyos... presale... even though I think TicketSatan was actively trying to mess with my interwebs browser...

Engineer

Rustled your jimmies
Dec 23, 2013
Got 4 tickets to see Gord and his boyos... presale... even though I think TicketSatan was actively trying to mess with my interwebs browser...

I was on early, and then first thing it opened to get tickets in Kingston.... I live 5 blocks from the Krock centre.

Yeah not ONCE did the "find best seats for you" successfully find me ANY tickets whatsoever. I am pissed.

Ticketmaster is such a ****ing piece of ****.

/edit/ just saw your reply in the other thread.
I'll try again on Friday and worst case scenario Stubhub it is.

BK201

Apr 11, 2011

Sorry to hear that Bonk :(

stempniaksen

Oct 12, 2008
With a comment like this, I really wonder if you know any of the bands listed. Coleman Hell, Metric and Coeur de Pirate are all very solid.

I'm definitely not complaining, because I like Metric and CDP. That being said, it just feels like they have both been here a lot in the last few years (for some reason I'm thinking it was even for Canada Day festivities). A little bit of variety wouldn't hurt :laugh:

Hopefully they step up the musical acts a little bit for the 150th next year, but I definitely don't have any issues with the lineup this year (not that I'll be venturing downtown anyways).

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
For most cancers, yeah.

Brain cancer is a beast. Trust me. I've seen it up close and personal. It's nothing like the rest of them.

The extra sad thing is with brain cancer, you lose the person far before they actually die. They become someone else. It's a brutal, harsh, heartbreaking way to die.

So sorry to hear that, at the moment my closest friend's wife is dying of cancer & it's just a terrible tragedy at such a young age but it's not the first person we have seen lose their battle with cancer. My dad also died from cancer but my mother died from a stroke & Alzheimer's is pretty bad too in that you think they know you one second & in the next breath they are talking about something that happened fifty yrs ago & are wondering where their mother is. It was very sad to see my mother who was a very strong woman paralyzed down the left side of her body & in a wheel chair with half a mind coming & going from the present to the past & then eventually not be able to do or say anything.

It's incredibly tough to watch your parents who you thought were invincible shrivel away & we are unable to do anything about it, it's a harsh reminder that life can be very difficult at these times. I wish you all the strength you can muster during this very difficult time for you & your family. Take care Bonk.

FolignoQuantumLeap

Don't Hold The Door
Mar 16, 2009
Ottawa
Has anyone had any luck getting tickets? Someone just texted me that it's already sold out and I'm still in cue on capital tickets.

Saabman0508

Harb Quote Count: 9
Aug 15, 2010
Ottawa
I know it's a longshot, but if anybody has a pair of tickets for the London show that they are selling, or know anybody that is, please PM me. I'm trying to avoid the scalper pricing if I can. Thanks! :)

Smash88

Mar 15, 2012
Ottawa
Looks like Edwin is finally getting back together with I Mother Earth.

They are planning a tour with Our Lady Peace.

Ottawa gets a stop on October 29th @ TD Place.

littleD

Just a few days until Bluesfest starts, who's excited? Anyone lol? I'm looking forward to Schoolboy Q and The Lumineers I guess.

Of the limited number of acts I was planning on seeing during the festival, two have just been cut from the lineup, so that's great. Freddie Gibbs is dealing with his issues in Europe, so I figured for weeks that he wasn't coming. Also Brandi Carlile is no longer on the bill. Not sure why she's out.

Also, if you're behind on the news, DFA1979 were taken off the schedule a while back.

Langdon Alger

Apr 19, 2006
Looks like Edwin is finally getting back together with I Mother Earth.

They are planning a tour with Our Lady Peace.

Ottawa gets a stop on October 29th @ TD Place.

If it was 1997 I might be interested.

I remember what a big deal it was when Edwin left IME. Is OLP worth seeing without Taggart on drums? Either way, I was never a huge fan of either band.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->