OT: 2016 Ottawa Music Festival and Concerts Thread

Swedish House

Jun 17, 2015
If anyone is hoping to go see RHCP at Bluesfest Friday and doesn't have tickets..... day passes for that day are $75+fees. Every other day is $51 or $56. Maybe it's the one super busy day this year.

Its 103.50$ with all the fees. You can have it for 54$ at Costco :naughty:;)

danielpalfredsson

youtube dot com /watch?v=CdqMZ_s7Y6k
Aug 14, 2013
RHCP released a new album (or are about to) and I've been hearing good things about it.

If you're already a fan of RHCPs, you'll probably like it. There are a few good tracks, but as a start to finish album I don't think it is that remarkable.

The change in production from Rick Rubin to Danger Mouse was a great choice. Especially when compared to their past releases, this is a great sounding album. It also is a bit more textured instrumentally than past Chili Peppers releases.

Blood Sugar Sex Magik was a great sounding album, but otherwise, Rubin has ruined every Red Hot Chili Peppers album he has produced with the notoriously awful brickwalled mix. (AKA everything is made to be as loud as possible so there is no actual dynamic between the instruments). Granted, this is great for selling records as it makes singles stand out on bad car FM radios and low end computer speakers so I guess he did his job well, but if you actually want to listen to the album it makes it sounds lifeless and makes the process of listening to it unbearable and exhausting.

If you have liked the Chili Peppers in the past, it is worth a listen. If a huge Chili Peppers fan says they really enjoy the album, I wouldn't bat an eye, but for me it is probably not an album that I'd find myself revisiting again and again for years.

edit: apparently the CD version is still brickwalled.

jason2020

Sep 24, 2014
The Kanata Ribfest is on this weekend at the Kanata Rec Centre there will be live music and a beer garden as well.

Smash88

Mar 15, 2012
Ottawa
While getting out of the car this morning, I heard on Live 88.5 that they had a huge announcement regarding CityFolk.

Did anyone hear what it is? This close to the festival I'd be surprised if it was a big headliner, but they mentioned it being huge. Curious as to what it is, can't find info anywhere.

jason2020

Sep 24, 2014
While getting out of the car this morning, I heard on Live 88.5 that they had a huge announcement regarding CityFolk.

Did anyone hear what it is? This close to the festival I'd be surprised if it was a big headliner, but they mentioned it being huge. Curious as to what it is, can't find info anywhere.

My guess it has something to do with 2017.

Spire2000

Jan 22, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
Green Day's skipping Ottawa this tour. They never skip Ottawa.

3/19 London, ON – Budweiser Gardens
3/20 Hamilton, ON – FirstOntario Centre
3/22 Montreal, QC – Bell Centre
3/23 Quebec, QC РVid̩otron Centre

Langdon Alger

Apr 19, 2006
Green Day's skipping Ottawa this tour. They never skip Ottawa.

3/19 London, ON – Budweiser Gardens
3/20 Hamilton, ON – FirstOntario Centre
3/22 Montreal, QC – Bell Centre
3/23 Quebec, QC – Vidéotron Centre

No Toronto show either?

Spire2000

Jan 22, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
They were supposed to play during the World Cup last month but cancelled.

No idea why they would skip it now.

Someone suggested on FB they are saving certain areas for summer festivals. Bluesfest?

jason2020

Sep 24, 2014
For the first time in a very long time there will be a new years eve party on the hill it starts at 8:15 also there will be acts like on Canada day.

bdp

Aug 21, 2008
Time to start a 2017 thread?

Some confirmed shows for next year:

Rammstein and Offspring at Rockfest
Guns N Roses Aug 21 at TD Place
RHCP June 23 at CTC
The Weeknd May 28 at CTC

Big Papi

Who's Mel Bridgeman?
Jul 10, 2009
Quebec
www.instagram.com
$100 seems to be the cheapest seats for G N R and they are pretty brutal seats for that much. I am/was a huge fan, and wish I had seen them in the hey day, the footage I've seen from the current tour is no where close to what they were back in the late 80s/early 90s, and they haven't put out a real GNR album since 1991. I hate to be so negative, but I'm not gonna pay that much to see a nostalgic act. I'll save my pennies for when Metallica stops by.

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
$100 seems to be the cheapest seats for G N R and they are pretty brutal seats for that much. I am/was a huge fan, and wish I had seen them in the hey day, the footage I've seen from the current tour is no where close to what they were back in the late 80s/early 90s, and they haven't put out a real GNR album since 1991. I hate to be so negative, but I'm not gonna pay that much to see a nostalgic act. I'll save my pennies for when Metallica stops by.
Saw them in Toronto,i was surprised on how good the actually were .And yes sign me up for Metallica ,kinda still pissed i missed Slayer and Anthrax last month :rant:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad