Proposal: 2016 Offseason Trade Rumours & Proposals Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
I repeat....we just fixed the top 4 only to **** it up again?

Obviously, it dpeends on the return (I didn't imply it would be for nothing), but it's going to have to include someone to play in the top 4 that is legit and not another Wiercoch nightmare

Confirmed With Link:Ceci to Oilers for Yakupov

:sarcasm:

Langdon Alger

Apr 19, 2006
I repeat....we just fixed the top 4 only to **** it up again?

Obviously, it dpeends on the return (I didn't imply it would be for nothing), but it's going to have to include someone to play in the top 4 that is legit and not another Wiercoch nightmare

Who says we are trading Ceci? Sorry, I meant to say what credible source is saying we are trading Ceci? Eklund posts rumours all the time. None of them come true. Nothing to worry about.

danielpalfredsson

youtube dot com /watch?v=CdqMZ_s7Y6k
Aug 14, 2013
Who says we are trading Ceci? Sorry, I meant to say what credible source is saying we are trading Ceci? Eklund posts rumours all the time. None of them come true. Nothing to worry about.

You're right, but it is fun to speculate about during a slow off season....

With that said. If Ceci were traded, I wonder if Phaneuf moves to the right side which he apparently prefers.

ChelFan31

Mar 22, 2016
Ceci being traded to the Oilers would probably be karma for how much I've gotten off on the Habs losing Subban for Weber....

....Yeah I know, not in the same realm, but seriously, e4 is some serious **** here. That's two higher than an e2.

All you people mad that Ottawa hasn't made moves to change up the core....be careful what you wish for. RNH would be tolerable, but if we get Eberle for Ceci, or worse the rumored package they offered for Barrie of Pouliot+Yakupov+2017 first then I'll quit watching hockey forever and start watching a weirder obscure sport like lacrosse or slamball.

If the Sens are trading Ceci, its because they cant forsee a contract coming to fruition; he's asking for too much for their liking, which would cause the Sens to go over their internal cap. Doubt they would then go after $6M dollar player or a combination of players for $6.5. If anything they would look for a player on ECL to fit under their economical spending plan. I just can't see them shelling out that type of cash.

starling

Nov 7, 2010
Ottawa
The thing is, Ceci will never be 1st pairing defenceman on this team and paying him 6M+ to play behind Karlsson is a bit rich.
We don't even know if he will become legit 1st pairing D and if there is a GM who is ready to pay up for that you take that deal.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
While I put no stock in Eklund rumours, IF we traded Ceci for say RNH, I would suspect that we would suddenly start considering moving Hoffman or one of Turris, Zibanejad or White for help on D. All that said, I just don't see any of this happening.

danielpalfredsson

Aug 14, 2013
If the Sens are trading Ceci, its because they cant forsee a contract coming to fruition; he's asking for too much for their liking, which would cause the Sens to go over their internal cap. Doubt they would then go after $6M dollar player or a combination of players for $6.5. If anything they would look for a player on ECL to fit under their economical spending plan.

That is what I've been saying in my posts. A trade with the Oilers doesn't make sense if you look at the rumored package for Barrie, or their two major trade chips which are RNH or Yakupov.

They have Draisaitl and Pulj, but what are the likelihood they move one for Ceci?

It is why I suggested that if there is any legitimacy to these trade rumors, I wouldn't be surprised if we saw MacArthur bundled in with Ceci with a cheaper middle 6 player or maybe even LD coming back to Ottawa with RNH. It is the only way the trade makes sense because if Ottawa is dumping Ceci because he wants 4-5M instead of the cheapest possible bridge deal, how are they able to take on a more or equally as expensive player?

starling

Nov 7, 2010
Ottawa
BTW, I don't believe Oilers would trade for Ceci. They've already got their RHD unicorn in Larsson.

danielpalfredsson

Aug 14, 2013
While I put no stock in Eklund rumours, IF we traded Ceci for say RNH, I would suspect that we would suddenly start considering moving Hoffman or one of Turris, Zibanejad or White for help on D. All that said, I just don't see any of this happening.

Unless Ottawa trade Ceci for Darnell Nurse who still has two years of his ELC left, rush Nurse, and play Phaneuf on the right side.

The trades that actually make sense for Ottawa budget wise are probably pieces that Edmonton consider untouchable, but with how they moved Hall for Larsson, anything is possible.

danielpalfredsson

Aug 14, 2013
BTW, I don't believe Oilers would trade for Ceci. They've already got their RHD unicorn in Larsson.

Oilers have no long term solutions on the right side other than Larsson though. They have a lot of short and long term depth on the left side. Unless I am missing something, Fayne and Larsson are their only NHL level RDs and unless someone unknown breaks out they don't have any long term prospects on the right side who are projected to be top 4 guys.

It has been heavily rumored that the Oilers are still shopping for a RD. Barrie from Colorado is a name that has been thrown around.

Torso9000

Aug 12, 2011
Let's worry about Ceci establishing himself as a decent 2nd pairing defenceman before worrying about him being blocked in some form or fashion...

Langdon Alger

Apr 19, 2006
You're right, but it is fun to speculate about during a slow off season....

With that said. If Ceci were traded, I wonder if Phaneuf moves to the right side which he apparently prefers.

If you're doing it fun it's one thing, if you're freaking out and getting upset at management for a trade that hadn't even happened, it's another.

ChelFan31

Mar 22, 2016
Unless Ottawa trade Ceci for Darnell Nurse who still has two years of his ELC left, rush Nurse, and play Phaneuf on the right side.

The trades that actually make sense for Ottawa budget wise are probably pieces that Edmonton consider untouchable, but with how they moved Hall for Larsson, anything is possible.

I wouldn't be opposed to this. I actually think Nurse has the higher ceiling. Ceci maybe slightly more further along in experience with 100+ more games under his belt [although it could be argued those games played could have actually stalled his development slightly; being rushed to the Nhl in such hurry at such young age] .

emo

Aug 25, 2003
Cap City
Visit site
Ceci for Yakupov or RNH's wonky shoulder is frightening.

The team really needs a true #1. I don't know how you get one now. Maybe you can pry Jeff Carter from the Kings for Z-Bad since they are tight against the cap and already have a true #1C. I'd feel a lot better about the Sens if Turris was properly slotted as the #2C.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
Well if we can get a stud out of Edmonton for ceci and then flip turris/zib for a top four defender somewhere else. Then I would be cool

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
Let's say. Ceci for rnh (who I honestly think has 75-80 point potential in the east.

And then turris for one of the d men in Minnesota?

Sensinitis

Aug 5, 2012
Let's say. Ceci for rnh (who I honestly think has 75-80 point potential in the east.

And then turris for one of the d men in Minnesota?

Not too bad. I think Brodin can play RD (Phaneuf can too)

Still, I think the improvement is marginal at best.

MacArthur-RNH-Ryan
Hoffman-Zibanejad-Stone

Methot-Karlsson
Brodin-Phaneuf

danielpalfredsson

Aug 14, 2013
Not counting the benefit of Zibanejad's RFA status, I think the Senators would keep Turris over Zibanejad if they had to trade on of the current two centres away.

playasRus

Mar 21, 2009
Not counting the benefit of Zibanejad's RFA status, I think the Senators would keep Turris over Zibanejad if they had to trade on of the current two centres away.

Turris had such a rough injury year, I wouldn't bat an eyelash at trading him and having a finesse/power 1-2 combo with RNH and Zibby.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad