Proposal: 2016 Offseason Trade Rumours & Proposals Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sens Mile

Sep 1, 2008
I really want to throw two way money at Tinordi, I know Cowen has left a bad taste in peoples mouth but there is still a gem in there

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
I really want to throw two way money at Tinordi, I know Cowen has left a bad taste in peoples mouth but there is still a gem in there

You know he was suspended 20 games in march 2016 for PEDs... maybe that doesn't matter but ...

Gotta like the size but I'd rather have someone quicker with better puck skills like a Qunicey

Liver King

Jan 23, 2016
id be pretty happy with Devante Smith-Pelly....he should come really cheap too

Hoffman-Zibanejad-Stone
Macarthur-Turris-Ryan
Smith-Pageau-DSP

God Says No

Mar 16, 2012
He is more of a 4th liner.

Yeah, that's the thing. If Neil wasn't there, I wouldn't mind DSP. But...

Colborne is not that good. Pirri is interesting, but we have enough centers. So basically, I don't think any of these guys fit.

Laoghaire

Jun 1, 2008
Ottawa

Colborne is not that good. Pirri is interesting, but we have enough centers. So basically, I don't think any of these guys fit.
Colborne is the closest comparable to Brown

Sens

Jan 7, 2016
Joe Colborne is s pretty good comparable on Brown... 40-50 point center.

h2owned

Nov 17, 2009
Ottawa, Ontario
Are there some more examples of players signing for less than their QO? Seems like if Chiasson didn't sign that offer he'd have become an UFA and be able to have offers from more teams and maybe get a little more money.
Also didn't Calgary offersheet ROR with high money in the 2nd year so Colorado would have trouble signing him? Could the Sens have offered Wiercioch 1 mil?

danielpalfredsson

youtube dot com /watch?v=CdqMZ_s7Y6k
Aug 14, 2013
Are there some more examples of players signing for less than their QO? Seems like if Chiasson didn't sign that offer he'd have become an UFA and be able to have offers from more teams and maybe get a little more money.
Also didn't Calgary offersheet ROR with high money in the 2nd year so Colorado would have trouble signing him? Could the Sens have offered Wiercioch 1 mil?

Nobody wanted Chiasson who has been on the block for months for almost free. He'd be taking a big risk by turning down Calgary's offer.

Ottawa could have offered Wiercioch 1M but they probably don't want Wiercioch taking up a roster spot+1M.

Wiercioch like Chiasson has been OTB for ages. No one wanted him. He might get lucky and get a 1 year deal as a UFA.

danielpalfredsson

Aug 14, 2013

The 2nd year high salary was a way to give ROR incentive to sign because it set the value of his next deal, which both meant to dissuade COL from matching knowing they'd eventually have to pay O'Reilly as well as to persuade O'Reilly to agree to a shorter term offer sheet which would lower Calgary's level of compensation needed.

COL could have not qualified O'Reilly, but then they would have lost him as a UFA since he wasn't going to agree to a cheaper deal since he was a star player. Guys like Chiasson agreeing to pay cuts aren't stars and have no other options since he wouldn't fare much better on the open market.

McManked

Ooh to be a Gooner
Jan 16, 2011
Edmonton, AB
Wiercioch wants a fresh start from Ottawa, and understandably so. He hasn't been great obviously, but I would suspect the thought of starting fresh is appealing for him.

McManked

Ooh to be a Gooner
Jan 16, 2011
Edmonton, AB
But why would the players agree to that? If they didn't receive the QO then they're set to become UFAs on Friday, aren't they? Why would they take the lower offer their team is offering without testing the market. There are a couple of guys that will very likely get their QO price in UFA.
The main thing I can think of as a mutual sign of intent to "make things work". Player/agent acknowledges that they are not worth their QO, but have a desire to remain with the team, and team has mutual desire to bring the player back.

danielpalfredsson

Aug 14, 2013
But why would the players agree to that? If they didn't receive the QO then they're set to become UFAs on Friday, aren't they? Why would they take the lower offer their team is offering without testing the market. There are a couple of guys that will very likely get their QO price in UFA.

Being a UFA means nothing if nobody wants you.

Chassion for example would be taking a massive risk by turning down CGY's offer. He isn't getting much more than what he got from CGY and there is no guarantee anyone else will offer him a 1 way. If he turns down CGY and can't get a deal else where, they probably move on by the time he comes back.

McManked

Ooh to be a Gooner
Jan 16, 2011
Edmonton, AB
Being a UFA means nothing if nobody wants you.

Chassion for example would be taking a massive risk by turning down CGY's offer. He isn't getting much more than what he got from CGY and there is no guarantee anyone else will offer him a 1 way. If he turns down CGY and can't get a deal else where, they probably move on by the time he comes back.
Exactly.

Chiasson knows how "dire" his situation is. He knows that he's on thin ice in regards to his future as an NHL player. A team actually trades for him? He's going to, in good faith, get a deal to work out.

FolignoQuantumLeap

Don't Hold The Door
Mar 16, 2009
Ottawa

Ideally Neil isn't a everyday NHLer. If we can grab a guy like DSP to lush him down the depth chart, that's a big win imo.

Sens Rule

Sep 22, 2005

I honestly think Chiasson wanted to move on, the management agreed and told him that they have been trying to trade him for awhile and there was not much interest but Calgary is willing to trade for you, and you can have a chance there.

Like I am saying they told Chiasson there was not a big market and he might want to not miss out on signing anywhere. Or something to that effect. Did him a favour.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad