2016 NHL Playoffs Discussion Thread

Bouma Fett*

Booty Hunter
May 19, 2012
Calgary
Penguins were just too hot the last few months, firing on all cylinders, with fantastic chemistry.

Not to mention I think beating the Rangers in the first round, who have given them a lot of playoff troubles the last few years, really fueled them on.

SmellOfVictory

Jun 3, 2011

I whole heartily support this message

It's so stupid that teams constantly try to copy the previous year's cup winner. There are multiple ways to a win a cup; doesn't matter if your team is big, small, fast, soft, hard, etc. as long as you have good players and a good coach.

Flames Fanatic

Mediocre
Aug 14, 2008
Cochrane
They don't win without the trades. I don't get complaining how they were built. Let it go. This team won because of the depth and coaching.

Rutherford turning Scuderi into Daley, getting Hagelin who fit into the roster Perfectly , and bringing in guys like Cullen was brilliant

I wasn't complaining? I was complimenting him?

Tkachuk Norris

Jun 22, 2012
Yeah... There isn't one way to build a team. Speed, size and skill are all ways to improve a team. All help. The point is to get better.

We kept cement skates in Bollig (size) for an effective player in Paul Byron (speed), look how that turned out.

If Brandon Bollig is pushed into a bigger role I think our management should be fired. Because to me. That's a CLEAR indicator they don't understand how to evaluate talent. Anyone can see who the elite players are. The good teams know how to identify good role players. Bollig is just too slow. There is no if ands or butts.

Flames Fanatic

Mediocre
Aug 14, 2008
Cochrane
Yeah... There isn't one way to build a team. Speed, size and skill are all ways to improve a team. All help. The point is to get better.

We kept cement skates in Bollig (size) for an effective player in Paul Byron (speed), look how that turned out.

If Brandon Bollig is pushed into a bigger role I think our management should be fired. Because to me. That's a CLEAR indicator they don't understand how to evaluate talent. Anyone can see who the elite players are. The good teams know how to identify good role players. Bollig is just too slow. There is no if ands or butts.

Yeah Burke's comments about Bollig really bother me. He's a detriment to the team 90% of the time on the ice, so why dress him. Hell, why have him on the roster? The days of the heavyweights who can't play hockey are over.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad