2016 NHL Draft - The Shark Tank

Status
Not open for further replies.

Coach Parker

Stanley Cup Champion
Jun 22, 2008
Vancouver, B.C.
He has a thread in the prospects section and people were raving about his goal totals for the division of HS he plays in...guess it's very rare to see 30 goals in a season and he's in the mid 40's. Of course you have to consider his sheer size against HS kids....even in one of the most competitive HS leagues. He's mostly been ranked in the 17-25 range but I guess he'll be joining the USHL once his season ends and that figures to provide an opportunity for scouts to get a better read on him.

Edit: he played 12 games in the USHL before his HS season started and had 5 goals and an assist. Not a banger but skilled and a good skater at 6'5

If him and Johansen were the targets for the 2nd round pick(s) (if Edmonton moves theirs now to Boston) I'd be happy with the risky pick in the 2nd or 3rd round.

First round has to be about an elite defensive prospect who possibly could be a future #1-2. Boston is flush with forward prospects.

Speed Shooter

Fly. Don't look, just fly.
Jul 6, 2010
God's Country
If him and Johansen were the targets for the 2nd round pick(s) (if Edmonton moves theirs now to Boston) I'd be happy with the risky pick in the 2nd or 3rd round.

First round has to be about an elite defensive prospect who possibly could be a future #1-2. Boston is flush with forward prospects.

Don't bother to even ask "what if?" That's just torture.

Can't see any scenario Chiapet gives BOS a bottom-5 pick in 2nd round. EDM will move the 2nd to BOS in 2017.

He'll wait until absolutely forced to turn it over.

Coach Parker

Stanley Cup Champion
Jun 22, 2008
Vancouver, B.C.
Don't bother to even ask "what if?" That's just torture.

Can't see any scenario Chiapet gives BOS a bottom-5 pick in 2nd round. EDM will move the 2nd to BOS in 2017.

He'll wait until absolutely forced to turn it over.

Agreed.

I'd be happy with the 2nd going to get Johansen and one of the firsts on Fabbro. Two possible #1-2 defensemen added in the draft with a pick left over to grab a forward in the 1st round!

Eddie Munson

This year is my year. I can feel it. ‘86 baby!
Jul 11, 2008
Agreed.

I'd be happy with the 2nd going to get Johansen and one of the firsts on Fabbro. Two possible #1-2 defensemen added in the draft with a pick left over to grab a forward in the 1st round!

Who do you like in the mid to late first round for a forward?

Bruins78

Apr 12, 2007

I didn't suggest that we should pursue Tufte, just reacting to the tweet and putting some info out there on a kid that has not been discussed much. I think we all agree a top defenseman prospect needs to be the priority but the reality is, we may have two early 20's picks and there is a chance that in addition to the obvious (Chychryn, Juolevi, Sergachev), Fabbro, McAvoy and Bean could all be gone as well when our picks come around. I'd hope/expect the B's would move both picks to get a Sergachev or Juolevi but not sure teams in the 7-11 range would have any interest since this draft seems to be good through 18-19 and then a dip. I'd move the earlier first and the Isles 2nd (don't see us having Edmonton's 2nd either) to get in a position to secure Fabbro or McAvoy and that still leaves us with another first. Obviously a lot can change between now and the draft in regards to position and late risers. Also, the tweet very well could just represent the B's just did their due dilligence on a kid who is ranked in the range where they may be picking twice and their interest may not be as keen as he seems to think.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
Reading comments on Clayton Keller he sounds like a fantastic prospect.
Do we have posters who have seen him play?

dredeye

BJ Elitist/Hipster
Mar 3, 2008
The Sharks are 7 points up from Arizona. Not falling out of it. Time to stop hoping they get us a lottery pick. We need to hope they get bounced first round and get us a pick from 15-20

pretty much this. All we can hope for now is an early post season exit. I was so pumped earlier in the season watching them fall. Sucks that their division is just garbage

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
The Sharks are 7 points up from Arizona. Not falling out of it. Time to stop hoping they get us a lottery pick. We need to hope they get bounced first round and get us a pick from 15-20

It's going to be Anaheim-San Jose 1st round battle, and I say Anaheim beats them, defense wins and they may add some offense during the next week.

Budddy

Dec 9, 2008
Okanagan
Exact same as Burt here. Fabbro at the start of the year was my hope with the Bruins pick (assuming the Bruins pick was top 10, and now that he is moving down the chart to match the Bruins pick I am very happy.

Gonna watch Fabbro tonight...what was the highest point he reached in the various charts? Why do you think he is moving down; just other guys progressing?

Coach Parker

Stanley Cup Champion
Jun 22, 2008
Vancouver, B.C.
Gonna watch Fabbro tonight...what was the highest point he reached in the various charts? Why do you think he is moving down; just other guys progressing?

He didn't play in the WJC's and he isn't in the WHL. That's about it. As a result, less scouts go to BCHL games. If he was playing in the WHL he would still be top ten IMO.

Shaun

Oct 12, 2010
I dont see them picking two players in the end of the first I think they'll make a package and go get their guy.

8thRoundPick

Sep 19, 2007
Sudbury
I dont see them picking two players in the end of the first I think they'll make a package and go get their guy.

I agree - especially since we picked nearly 2 drafts worth of prospects last year. If our two picks become say #18 and #23, I could see both being moved to get into the top 10.

Montecristo

Jul 29, 2012
I agree - especially since we picked nearly 2 drafts worth of prospects last year. If our two picks become say #18 and #23, I could see both being moved to get into the top 10.

Teams don't trade out of the top 10 for two picks close to the 20s. It's a great theory but how would you feel if they were drafting 8th and traded that pick for 22 and 18. Pretty upset I'd be willing to bet. They couldn't trade 13 and 14 to get up to draft werenski last year. 18 and 21 are even worse

JoeIsAStud

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
Teams don't trade out of the top 10 for two picks close to the 20s. It's a great theory but how would you feel if they were drafting 8th and traded that pick for 22 and 18. Pretty upset I'd be willing to bet. They couldn't trade 13 and 14 to get up to draft werenski last year. 18 and 21 are even worse

I have no idea, and would be disappointed if they attempted to trade 13&14 for Werenski last year. Now Hanifin of course they did try to trade for.

Boston might package the picks and try to move up. If they do then they will likely need to package more than picks to get what they want.

Personally I like having multiple picks, it allows you to swing for the fences, and take the high upside guys, and hope you get lucky and one guy explodes and becomes that later star player.

kman22

Apr 11, 2010
I have no idea, and would be disappointed if they attempted to trade 13&14 for Werenski last year. Now Hanifin of course they did try to trade for.

Boston might package the picks and try to move up. If they do then they will likely need to package more than picks to get what they want.

Personally I like having multiple picks, it allows you to swing for the fences, and take the high upside guys, and hope you get lucky and one guy explodes and becomes that later star player.

At the time, I would have been all aboard the 13+14 for Werenski swap. I haven't kept up with Werenski since then, but if the Bruins walked away with ZS and Werenski instead of the trio, that still seems like a solid haul, if not an improvement over reality

RobG15

Feb 11, 2016

I feel the same way. Bruins should try this.....

To Vancouver

To Boston

Bruins take Joulevi with pick

Tim Vezina Thomas

Jun 4, 2009
I feel the same way. Bruins should try this.....

To Vancouver

To Boston

Bruins take Joulevi with pick

If the Bruins had the 7th pick would you trade the 7th for the #17, #21, and #110 picks? No? Then why would the Canucks do it?

Best chance for the Bruins is to hope someone drops into the 12ish range and use the #17 with another pick to hop up, and thats certainly not a guarantee either.

Ice Nine

Dec 11, 2014
Parts Unknown
Stupid San Jose.

I think they're a very crap team, but they're in a crap division, regularly playing crap teams. Also lucky, because on a night, like tonight, they meet a good team, Brian Elliott has a meltdown due to an injury and they score 6 against the normally defensively sound Blues. :shakehead

They'll finish third in the pacific behind LA and ANA because Arizona can't muster enough to catch them, likely.

Let's see.

Suddenly Zyuzin

Jan 14, 2007
Edison, New Jersey
Stupid San Jose.

I think they're a very crap team, but they're in a crap division, regularly playing crap teams. Also lucky, because on a night, like tonight, they meet a good team, Brian Elliott has a meltdown due to an injury and they score 6 against the normally defensively sound Blues. :shakehead

They'll finish third in the pacific behind LA and ANA because Arizona can't muster enough to catch them, likely.

Let's see.

Sharks are 0.500 against the Pacific. The division they beat up on is the Atlantic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad