15 Wild
16 Wings
17 (assuming Preds win) Flyers
18 (assuming Tampa, Sharks, and Isles advance) Arizona via NYR

Trade up and draft Fabbro.

Last edited:

Puck possession wins

Jan 17, 2014
Rangers are about to be knocked out in the 1st round.

15-19 range isn't too bad.

You could probably package that and 7 with some players to get 1.

However, I'd rather take BPA at 7 and trade down the 15-19 pick, in order to accumulate more picks for our scouting staff.

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
18ish is fine. No need to trade up. One of the other D will fall. I'd really like Dineen but that's perhaps too early for him.

7 - Juolevi/Sergachev
18 - Fabbro/McAvoy

Be a wonderful draft for the rebuild, but instead they'll probably end up trading both.

hbk

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
18ish is fine. No need to trade up. One of the other D will fall. I'd really like Dineen but that's perhaps too early for him.

7 - Juolevi/Sergachev
18 - Fabbro/McAvoy

Be a wonderful draft for the rebuild, but instead they'll probably end up trading both.

I'm not sure I could place a D in my top 7. Although if we could walk out of draft with both Chychrun and Fabrro. Wow. D depth becomes a strength.

Grvmnd

Apr 20, 2015
So Detroit is picking 15th now right? Let's say the Rangers are the next to be eliminated. Does this mean they pick 16??

I would jump up and down. But I don't think that's the case. Someone smarter than me has explained it.

hbk

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
So Detroit is picking 15th now right? Let's say the Rangers are the next to be eliminated. Does this mean they pick 16??

First 8 teams eliminated are slotted / placed by points. Wild if they lose would pick 15 and Wings drop to 16.

You want teams in the playoffs who finished lower in standings to move to next round. That will drop NYR pick lower.

lanky

Feeling Spicy
Jun 23, 2007
Winnipeg
Fabro is good and getting much deserved hype but I like McAvoy better. Very similar, McAvoy just seems a bit more dynamic.

Gwyddbwyll

Dec 24, 2002
First 8 teams eliminated are slotted / placed by points. Wild if they lose would pick 15 and Wings drop to 16.

You want teams in the playoffs who finished lower in standings to move to next round. That will drop NYR pick lower.

So.. working it out..

Seven teams finished with less points in the standings and so pick ahead of NYR. They effectively take picks 15-21. NYR stands at 22nd.

MIN, DET, NAS, PHI, TAM, SJ and NYI.

Tampa have won by eliminating Detroit. Detroit will pick ahead of NYR which means NYR cannot get 15th. Tampa going through means they move below NYR and improves their position to 21st.

Of the 5 others:
MIN and PHI are losing which would take 16-17 away from NYR
NAS and NYI are drawing - we need them to win to keep 18-19 in play
San Jose are winning - we need this for NYR's pick to move up to 20th

NYR needs to lose to Pittsburgh as well and are 3-1 down.

Gwyddbwyll

Dec 24, 2002
Havent been following the playoffs but MIN and PHI look dead and buried so 16-17 is a bit of a pipe dream.

50-50 when it comes to San Jose, Nashville and Isles. I doubt we get all three to go our way so best guess is we're looking at 19th or 20th.

I'm really surprised Rangers have opted out of picking, but it's great for the new GM.

Shepard

Apr 13, 2012
Havent been following the playoffs but MIN and PHI look dead and buried so 16-17 is a bit of a pipe dream.

50-50 when it comes to San Jose, Nashville and Isles. I doubt we get all three to go our way so best guess is we're looking at 19th or 20th.

I'm really surprised Rangers have opted out of picking, but it's great for the new GM.

They didn't opt out. They made the playoffs and aren't in the lottery, so the pick is automatically ours.

http://hfboards.mandatory.com/showpost.php?p=117192597&postcount=994

hbk

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
So.. working it out..

Seven teams finished with less points in the standings and so pick ahead of NYR. They effectively take picks 15-21. NYR stands at 22nd.

Tampa have won by eliminating Detroit. Detroit will pick ahead of NYR which means NYR cannot get 15th. Tampa going through means they move below NYR and improves their position to 21st.

Of the 5 others:

Start cheering for upsets.

15 Wild
16 Wings
17 (assuming Preds win) Flyers
18 (assuming Tampa, Sharks, and Isles advance) Arizona via NYR

Trade up and draft Fabbro.

18-21 is where we will fall

hbk

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
Fabro is good and getting much deserved hype but I like McAvoy better. Very similar, McAvoy just seems a bit more dynamic.

Fabbro is a mistake free high IQ tape to tape passing any situation D man. Plus he's a RD. Freaking love this player. Question is whether he's a 2 D or a 3 D.

lanky

Feeling Spicy
Jun 23, 2007
Winnipeg
So.. working it out..

Of the 5 others:

It's actually the first 12 teams (not 8) eliminated that get ordered by season points. If any of those teams are division winners they are placed at the bottom of that list.

If Tampa gets bounced by Washington then they will still get a better pick than the Coyotes.

ck26

Alcoholab User
Jan 31, 2007
Coyotes Bandwagon
Fabbro is a mistake free high IQ tape to tape passing any situation D man. Plus he's a RD. Freaking love this player. Question is whether he's a 2 D or a 3 D.
I'm intrigued, but can you explain why Dante Fabbro isn't David Rundblad? Does anyone have a feeling of whether he is a "1-year college, then AHL" player or is he someone who is going to stay at BU for a while?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->