2016 NCAA Frozen Four: BC's Santini gets offensive in junior campaign

HF Article

Nov 16, 2005
steve_santini_boston_college_022716.jpg
Photo: Boston College junior defenseman Steve Santini was a second round selection of the New Jersey Devils at the 2013 NHL Draft (courtesy of Richard T. Gagnon/Getty Images)

</p> Boston College junior defenseman Steve Santini is one of the leaders on the Eagles blueline who has also developed into one of the nation’s top defensemen. He is also one of three New Jersey Devils prospects on the Eagles roster.

While Santini is primarily a defensive defenseman, he nevertheless made strides in his offensive game in 2015-16. The*Mahopac, NY native produced one goal and 19 points in 40 games, a 14-point improvement over his 2014-15 showing.… read more

The post 2016 NCAA Frozen Four: BC’s Santini gets offensive in junior campaign appeared first on Hockey's Future.

More...

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
Melrose likes Wood, but neither him nor Buccigross have yet to mention that he is a Devils draft pick

Cheddabombs

Status Quo
Mar 13, 2012
I do like Wood, but I am more excited for Santini. I think this kid is going to be good for us and really stabilize the blueline for a long line.

Yup, same here.

If they lose today are Santini and/or Wood eligible to play in Albany too? I don't think they are but at the same time don't actually know the rule about that.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Yup, same here.

If they lose today are Santini and/or Wood eligible to play in Albany too? I don't think they are but at the same time don't actually know the rule about that.

IDK college rules are different. Even if they are, is there any room left down there? We are stacking the damn deck for Kowalsky. Severson, Boosh, Blender, Hulk, Mozik, Zacha. Do they have room for Wood and Santini too?

Also I would have high expectations for a deep run by Albany with that much talent being infused to a lineup that was already playing very well.

Cheddabombs

Status Quo
Mar 13, 2012
IDK college rules are different. Even if they are, is there any room left down there? We are stacking the damn deck for Kowalsky. Severson, Boosh, Blender, Hulk, Mozik, Zacha. Do they have room for Wood and Santini too?

Also I would have high expectations for a deep run by Albany with that much talent being infused to a lineup that was already playing very well.

Yea it's a full house down there, just wondering if that option was even available for them. Albany has been real good all season long so adding all that talent should help, just need to worry about chemistry issues. But I think Kowalsky even addressed this in an interview so I trust he'll find the best line combos. I'd love if Albany played the Marlies at some point so I could see them live, even if the Marlies are an absolute powerhouse.

But that's off-topic anyway, go BC!

njdevils1982

Hell Toupée!!!
Sep 8, 2006
North of Toronto
Yea it's a full house down there, just wondering if that option was even available for them. Albany has been real good all season long so adding all that talent should help, just need to worry about chemistry issues. But I think Kowalsky even addressed this in an interview so I trust he'll find the best line combos. I'd love if Albany played the Marlies at some point so I could see them live, even if the Marlies are an absolute powerhouse.

But that's off-topic anyway, go BC!

yes!….i want them to cross paths for the same reason….and would love to see the baby leafs falter at the hands of albany

only went to one of the games this season…the 1st of the double header weekend back in october

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad