2016 NBA Finals - Golden State vs Cleveland: Game 7

SpookyTsuki

Dec 3, 2014
That was practically a GOAT finals performance by LeBron. Even if he wins more titles in his future I have feeling this is always be his defining, crowning moment.

Mad respect for Kyrie Irving too; injuries may prevent him from ever reaching bonafide superstar status, but he had the series of his life against G-State.

Also not to take anything away from this fairy tale ending for Cleveland but Curry was incredibly bad the last 3 games of this series, with a combined 8 assists and 12 turnovers. Maybe his knee was still limiting his lateral mobility (having sprained my MCL myself a few years I can definitely say full, total recovery takes more than a few weeks) but he couldn't even shake Kevin Love on that key possession. Greatest shooter of all-time; easily. Best all-around player in the league; not while LeBron is still in his prime.

Curry will never be the greatest all around player. Especially cause of his height. Not that great of a defender. He can read the play but he can't really do anything about it. Steal or foul really

darko

Feb 16, 2009
Ariza is a good 3&D guy who struggled with his shots at time. Beverley is alright. Howard was done in Houston. Jones took a huge step back. Josh Smith is Josh Smith. Ty Lawson experiment failed unfortunately.

Harden, Ariza, Bevs, and Capela are good pieces to have though. Still need more talent.

Which was really surprising to me. I expected him to fit right in.

Halladay

Feb 27, 2009
H Town
Going to see how mentally tough this Warriors team is. Id love part three but I also would like to see the Thunder or Spurs get another crack at LeBron.

BGDDYKWL

Jul 16, 2007
I haven't listened to a ton of sports media following game 7, but I haven't heard something touched upon that was the key to Cleveland winning the series. It all came down to the exchange LeBron had with Green. GS was in complete control of the series, and Cleveland was demoralized. Seeing LeBron sack up and get in that confrontation let everyone know that he was in fact the big dog in this series, and he was going to play with that edge moving forward and do whatever it took to win. It's no coincidence he had the greatest three game stretch of his career following that altercation. That gave Cleveland a boost, changed LeBron's demeanor, and also demoralized GS. Without that incident I have no doubt GS wraps this series up in 5.

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
Spurs are done. Need to retool

They just had the 7th best record in the history of the NBA.....and three of their losses were against the Warriors

If it wasn't for the Warriors everyone would have been raving about this Spurs season. Sure there's some changes they need to make moving forward, but to suggest they're "done" is laughable.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
I haven't listened to a ton of sports media following game 7, but I haven't heard something touched upon that was the key to Cleveland winning the series. It all came down to the exchange LeBron had with Green. GS was in complete control of the series, and Cleveland was demoralized. Seeing LeBron sack up and get in that confrontation let everyone know that he was in fact the big dog in this series, and he was going to play with that edge moving forward and do whatever it took to win. It's no coincidence he had the greatest three game stretch of his career following that altercation. That gave Cleveland a boost, changed LeBron's demeanor, and also demoralized GS. Without that incident I have no doubt GS wraps this series up in 5.

Losing Bogut lost Warriors series

SpookyTsuki

Dec 3, 2014
They just had the 7th best record in the history of the NBA.....and three of their losses were against the Warriors

If it wasn't for the Warriors everyone would have been raving about this Spurs season. Sure there's some changes they need to make moving forward, but to suggest they're "done" is laughable.

The stars are getting old. And that's exactly the point. If they can't beat the Warriors. Welp

aleshemsky83

Apr 8, 2008
Curry will never be the greatest all around player. Especially cause of his height. Not that great of a defender. He can read the play but he can't really do anything about it. Steal or foul really

Curry is not that short, he grew after coming in the league. I'd say he's at the very least a legit 6'2 without shoes

image3.jpeg

Virtanen18

SAMCRO
Jan 25, 2014
Vancouver
The stars are getting old. And that's exactly the point. If they can't beat the Warriors. Welp
Kawhi is 24, Aldridge is 30, Boban is 27. These are the new stars. Just need to bring in some more fresh faces.

On Curry, he's a decent height for a PG, but he's a total twig.

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
He's probably not leaving this year. Westbrook along with a bunch of other players are free agents in 2017. He will player just take a 1 year deal with an opt out next year.

Biased POV but I fully expect him to stay long term. He is all about winning and playing on a great team, and thats what he has in OKC. The team is one of the deeper ones in the league and has a really good starting 5, along with one of the best GMs in the league. Heck, with a rookie head coach who had never coached a single NBA game before, they made the WCF's and lost to historic team. He said it best today - he's signed his 300 million dollar Nike deal and gotten all sorts of endorsements, all while playing in Oklahoma City. So he isn't the type to be swayed by NY or LA because its a bigger market.

If all goes well, he and West will sign similar deals a la Perry/Getzlaf, Toews/Kane come next summer.

People have literally been saying this every year since Duncan turned 35. Yet they've made two finals and won a title since.

When he and Manu do hang them up, Pop & Budford will utilize that cap room and grab another top tier player.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Finally got to see the game today. I wanted the Warriors to win so they could cap off their historic season with a championship but I'm still not too upset with the result.

I think Gilbert is a jackass and don't really care for some of those Cleveland "fans" but I'm happy for LeBron. Kyrie was very good and others helped but he carried that team on his back. He just led the greatest comeback in NBA finals history. He still probably won't get the credit he deserves from many people but this championship just further pushes him up the all-time ranks. He deserves it.

Still kinda hard to believe it happened though. I thought the series was over after the Warriors went up 3-1. Everyone (including me) was already onto the offseason and discussing exactly how they're going to break this Cavs team up. One thing I've criticized LeBron for is his role of GM/HC but in the end I guess he did okay there as well. :laugh:

SpookyTsuki

Dec 3, 2014
Curry is not that short, he grew after coming in the league. I'd say he's at the very least a legit 6'2 without shoes

image3.jpeg

Do shoes really make people that much bigger though? Most of the best defenders are 6-7 6-8

When I watch curry he knows where it's going. But he doesn't have the height to knock it down

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad