2016 MN Wild Draft Big Board #7

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
If we ever got #7, I would hope that we could do a deal to move down a couple of spots, as I am pretty sure that there are teams who would like to start taking the top Dmen around that spot. To me, I don't see a big difference between Brown, Keller, or Jost, and even McLeod, Kunin and Rubtsov could be just as good. The Amin thing is that whoever we pick has top 6 talent...even better if they have top line potential.

Wabit

May 23, 2016
Move to #7OA and we'd probably get the best D in the draft (not a bad thing).

Taking a FWD (unless Tkachuck or Dubois fall), is kind of a waste.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Gotta trade spot if BPA is Chychrun. We have too many D as is.

I don't want to have to spell Chychrun over the next ten years. Tkachuk, either.

Wabit

May 23, 2016
Gotta trade spot if BPA is Chychrun. We have too many D as is.

I don't want to have to spell Chychrun over the next ten years. Tkachuk, either.

Might as well stick with what we know and can develop? Trade the pick I agree with, reaching so we get the 7th FWD over the 1st choice at D-man is bad.

BagHead

Dec 23, 2010
Minneapolis, MN
I voted Keller, but I would be happy with either Chychrun or Brown at #7 as well. What I really feel is that if we're in that spot, we're better off trading down, or up if it's not too late. Either to get one of these players a little later, or to get Dubois, respectively. But I truly believe Brown or Keller could be very good NHL players, and Chychrun is a good defenseman that makes our pool even deeper, and you don't pass on BPA if that's what you think he is. Still not really sure how we traded up to 7 for this. Moving up to 7 I think would require a nice asset, and depending on what htat asset is, that might affect who we would want to pick, here.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad