Prospect Info: 2016 Minnesota Wild Draft Big Board #2

Status
Not open for further replies.

keppel146

Jun 4, 2010
MinneSOta
Let's make the HF Minnesota Wild Big Board for the 2016 NHL Draft. We all know who is #1 on our list (or should be number one), so I'm just going to skip that pick. I can update every few days. Feel free to comment or mention suggestions.

1. Auston Matthews - Center - ZSC Lions - GP 36 - G - 24 - A - 22 = 46 pts

Minnesota

L'Etoile du Nord
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2011
Top-5 is pretty much a lock, unless one of those teams goes for a huge reach:

1. Matthews
  2. Laine
  3. Puljujarvi
  4. Tkachuk
  5. Chychrun

keppel146

Jun 4, 2010
MinneSOta
Top-5 is pretty much a lock, unless one of those teams goes for a huge reach:

1. Matthews
  2. Laine
  3. Puljujarvi
  4. Tkachuk
  5. Chychrun

top 5 is not a lock; it could look like that but I would say picks 4 and 5 are totally up for grabs. Also this is not a mock draft. We're here to rank who we/wild would take at each draft position if available.

Minnesota

L'Etoile du Nord
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2011
top 5 is not a lock; it could look like that but I would say picks 4 and 5 are totally up for grabs. Also this is not a mock draft. We're here to rank who we/wild would take at each draft position if available.

My answers would stay the same. :P

Lapa

Global Moderator
Feb 21, 2010
1. Matthews
2. Laine
3. Pulju
4. Chychrun/Tkachuk
5. Chychrun/Tkachuk

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Matthews
Laine
Puljujarvi
Tkachuk
Dubois
Nylander
Juolevi
Chychrun
Sergachyov
Jost

Lapa

Global Moderator
Feb 21, 2010
Can't remember the last time there were three Finns in the top 10.

Wild11MN

First round losers
May 28, 2013
MN
How much do ya'll actually watch of these guys vs just reading about them? Just curious.

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
How much do ya'll actually watch of these guys vs just reading about them? Just curious.

I watch the junior tournaments when they're happening, and I watch the college players when they play in college, but for everyone else I just look up as many highlight videos as I can.

I'm very prone to having my opinion changed when they go to college. Last year I didn't want to draft Boeser because I heard much better things about Eriksson Ek and White, but after seeing Boeser tear it up here at UND all last year and then win us a championship, I would go back and take Boeser if I could.

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta

Hardly any. Watched the Finns and Matthews, etc... in last year's WJC and have seen all of USA's games so far in the U18's. Kunin in the Gopher/Badger games last year.

Wild11MN

First round losers
May 28, 2013
MN
I watch the junior tournaments when they're happening, and I watch the college players when they play in college, but for everyone else I just look up as many highlight videos as I can.

I'm very prone to having my opinion changed when they go to college. Last year I didn't want to draft Boeser because I heard much better things about Eriksson Ek and White, but after seeing Boeser tear it up here at UND all last year and then win us a championship, I would go back and take Boeser if I could.

Hardly any. Watched the Finns and Matthews, etc... in last year's WJC and have seen all of USA's games so far in the U18's. Kunin in the Gopher/Badger games last year.

Yeah I was assuming it probably wasn't easy to catch a lot of the games of some of these guys.

Saga of the Elk

Honoured Person
May 31, 2008
Are you talking about Clay Mathews?

American hero Clay Matthews? No, Auston Matthews missed a month or so this season with injury and that would make me nervous if I held the first overall. He didn't miss being a 2015 by that much and so already you're talking the third pick.

Pius Suter and Fabrice Herzog were also in the top ten for scoring on ZSC, which I found interesting. The scoring is impressive, but again NLA is not as good as Liiga.

Matthews most likely will go first overall, but I don't think it's that clear-cut, and I like Laine a little more.

Lapa

Global Moderator
Feb 21, 2010
Finnish prospects usually make me nervous, but there's something different about this new generation..

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
American hero Clay Matthews? No, Auston Matthews missed a month or so this season with injury and that would make me nervous if I held the first overall. He didn't miss being a 2015 by that much and so already you're talking the third pick.

Pius Suter and Fabrice Herzog were also in the top ten for scoring on ZSC, which I found interesting. The scoring is impressive, but again NLA is not as good as Liiga.

Matthews most likely will go first overall, but I don't think it's that clear-cut, and I like Laine a little more.

Interesting.

Remember, it wasn't that long ago that Seth Jones was considered either a #1, or #2 at worst going into the draft and he ended up being picked fourth.

Wonder if either of the Finns will fall?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad