Prospect Info: 2016 Maple Leafs Draft Pick - 92nd Overall - Adam Brooks - C - Regina Pats [5-10/171]

Stand Witness

JT
Sponsor
Oct 25, 2014
London, ON
Players who have scored 116+ pts in the WHL since 2000:

Mark Stone - 123 pts - NHL player
Ty Rattie - 121 pts - AHL player (right now)
Brendan Leipsic - 120 pts - AHL player (right now)
Justin Mapletoft - 120 pts - Bust (did it in 2000-2001)
Adam Brooks - 120 pts - ???
Nic Petan - 120 pts - AHL player (right now)
Oliver Bjorkstrand - 118 pts - AHL player (right now)
Linden Vey - 116 pts - Borderline NHL player
Jordan Weal - 116 pts - AHL All-Star

The good news is that every player who I listed as an AHL player right now has produced at a decent clip in the NHL when given the shot. It would be expected that they will be given further chances and that at least 2 should break out.

StanleyTOR

Oct 6, 2011
Toronto
twitter.com
Think the plan is to restock the Marlies with these overager picks. As well, don't forget Dubas said he wants to use the ECHL as a development team as well (much like the MLB) as opposed to be seen as a "being punished league". These picks make sense, especially when many Marlies of last season will get a chance with the Leafs this season.

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
As of right now, he's our top center player next to Gauthier for the Marlies. He could get a lot of minutes right away, which is pretty intriguing.

FriendlyGiant

Jul 28, 2006
As of right now, he's our top center player next to Gauthier for the Marlies. He could get a lot of minutes right away, which is pretty intriguing.

Two other centers would be Colin Smith and Tony Cameranessi (if they sign him).

Ovate

Dec 17, 2014
Toronto

I think Colin Smith will be our Nylander replacement in 2016-2017.

Smith and Brooks could have a Nylander/Arcobello type of depth though.

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
Two other centers would be Colin Smith and Tony Cameranessi (if they sign him).

I think Colin Smith will be our Nylander replacement in 2016-2017.

Smith and Brooks could have a Nylander/Arcobello type of depth though.

If they qualify him.

But it's possible they qualify him for that reason alone. Marlies do need to replace Nylander and Arcobello leaving. I'm not overly worried about finding an AHL star to give them some offence.

Trapper

Nov 21, 2013
If they qualify him.

But it's possible they qualify him for that reason alone. Marlies do need to replace Nylander and Arcobello leaving. I'm not overly worried about finding an AHL star to give them some offence.

I believe we also have T.J Foster and Chase Witala signed to minor league contracts. I think they both can play center/wing. Time in the ECHL and with the Marlies.

BertCorbeau

F*ck cancer - RIP Fugu and Buffaloed
Jan 6, 2012
Simcoe County
Byron Froese is also signed and will likely not make the Leafs next year IMO .. He'll probably be waived to the Marlies (and I'd assume nobody would claim him).

RyanOhReally

Jan 21, 2015
Georgetown, ON
Smith might go to Russia and Cameranesi will be a bottom 6 centre with Gauthier on the Marlies. I see Brooks as the 2C and if Smith does come back then Smith is the 1C. If not, go out and find the next Arcobello (Andy Miele in my mind).

Wafflewhipper

Jan 18, 2014
Brooks is looking like a nice little steal. He willed the pats to game 7 against red deer Rebels on his own basically. I have faith in him. Passes like a pro.

Ovate

Dec 17, 2014
Toronto
If they qualify him.

It's also possible that they don't qualify him, but sign him to an AHL-only deal.

Not sure if any other teams would pick him up.

RoyalGremlin

The future is now.
Jun 19, 2007
If he becomes a 2nd line center, I'll be stoked.

For another team sure but with Matthews/Nylander/Kadri as it is, Stammer notwithstanding, the best he can hope for is 4th line and even then I still think Gauthier has that spot locked up due to his defensive prowess.

Ovate

Dec 17, 2014
Toronto
For another team sure but with Matthews/Nylander/Kadri as it is, Stammer notwithstanding, the best he can hope for is 4th line and even then I still think Gauthier has that spot locked up due to his defensive prowess.

Or one of them gets moved to wing. Or Brooks gets moved to wing. Or having the depth allows us to trade one.

Drew75

Sep 5, 2005
Byron Froese is also signed and will likely not make the Leafs next year IMO .. He'll probably be waived to the Marlies (and I'd assume nobody would claim him).

Disagree - Babcock loves what he brings .. .I know it's not the 'sexy' option, but I see Froese being the 4th line Center next year ... for the Leafs.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->