2016 HFWF SLAMMY AWARD RESULTS: The Winners Are...

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
For the life of me, I can't remember if I made a 2016 predictions thread.

Somebody had one because I remember talking about a woman winning a men's title. Although that ain't happening any time soon.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Somebody had one because I remember talking about a woman winning a men's title. Although that ain't happening any time soon.

Thank goodness. It was dumb when China did it.

I'll predict Wyatt will not win another title in 2017.

We will have a full Shield reunion with the full entrance.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
Hey, I predicted Shield vs. Club and Corbin and Strowman getting World title runs on their respective brands!

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Matt Hardy would probably be the reason for a "gimmick of the year" category.

If I included outside guys, Styles would have still won wrestler of the year most likely, but Kenny Omega and Chris Hero would have made it really close. Styles was head and shoulders above everyone else in the WWE this year, but Omega and Hero (I watched Omega more) were fantastic. Omega is the only wrestler I can ever remember having back-to-back five-star matches on consecutive nights.

Omega is a legit number 2, but even overall I can't justify anyone over Styles. Guy had an insane year. His WWE year on top of that Wrestle Kingdom match. Styles is legit GOAT right now.

Stable of the year would be Bullet Club. Gimmick of the year would be Matt, because holy **** did he strike gold with a gimmick.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Its pretty rare it is to have the kind of stage to have great matches on consecutive nights. That's basically the only time it can happen is during G1, and if someone is working NXT/WWE in the same weekend.

Serac

#HFOutcasts
Jun 27, 2014
B.C.
I'll post some 2017 predictions for the hell of it:

- The Shield vs. The Club happens.

- Baron Corbin has a run with the WWE Title.

- Joe and Nakamura are both called up and put on Smackdown.

- Ronda Rousey will debut and either face Stephanie McMahon or Charlotte at Summerslam.

- Triple H will not wrestle a single match after Wrestlemania.

- Brock Lesnar will finally eat a pin to a full-time member of the roster for the first time since 2013.

- Braun Strowman will have a run with the Universal Title on Raw.

- Wyatt finally wins the top title on Smackdown, but will have to drop it due to injury.

Thank goodness. It was dumb when China did it.

I'll predict Wyatt will not win another title in 2017.

We will have a full Shield reunion with the full entrance.

Don't you put this evil on me/us

vdB

Dec 28, 2006
Toronto
Lol at all this Finn Balor hype here.

To each their own, but I'm predicting he'll be a "disappointing" nominee neXT year

SeidoN

#OGOC #2018 HFW Predictions Champ
Aug 8, 2012
AEF
Lol at all this Finn Balor hype here.

To each their own, but I'm predicting he'll be a "disappointing" nominee neXT year

How to be vdB

1. Find the boards popular opinion
2. Say the opposite thing

vdB

Dec 28, 2006
Toronto
How to be vdB

1. Find the boards popular opinion
2. Say the opposite thing

I simply value mic skills WAY more than wrestling skills. Therefore, I'm much more likely to clash with other posters.

I'm used to it.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
You can't value mic skills when Roman Reigns gets defended on the internet six ways to sunday for being the top face, knowing how bad the company is at getting faces over.

vdB

Dec 28, 2006
Toronto
You can't value mic skills when Roman Reigns gets defended on the internet six ways to sunday for being the top face, knowing how bad the company is at getting faces over.

Roman Reigns definitely needs work, I agree. I think the potential is there tho.

vdB

Dec 28, 2006
Toronto
Only happens if he turns heel.

Totally agree.

I really think he can pull it off as a heel. He could be amazing actually.

And once he gains the fans back with a heel run, MAYBE then a face turn will be much more accepted.

I know I'm getting too far ahead of myself, but I'm very optimistic about him when he turns heel.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
Pretty sure it's universally accepted that Roman Reigns would be a magnificent heel.

He's clearly not the future as "the guy", but he's a mainstay main event heel.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad