2016 HFOil Draft Prediction Contest

Seachd

Mar 16, 2002
A lot of people here are generally pretty knowledgeable and enthusiastic about the draft, so I thought I would give this a try. No prizes, just for fun and perpetual adoration from fellow HF members.

Basically a prediction contest based on players and their draft position. Points are given for having a player in the correct spot, or within say 3 spots. I think giving extra points for getting the exact spot would be a good idea too. Maybe 1 point for 3 places off, 2 for 2 places off, 3 for 1 place off, and 6 for bang on, or something like that. I'm open to suggestions on the scoring. Teams aren't involved in the scoring, but might be taken into consideration when figuring out the picks.

I'd love to do a big one - maybe three rounds (so a total of 91 players)?

Would anyone be interested in doing this? For transparency, I guess all submissions should be posted to this thread, and they'll be accepted until 10:00 PM Mountain time on Thursday, June 23. Predictions may also be edited until that time, but any submissions or edits after that time won't count.

Remember, it's just for fun, and wild guesses are very welcome, and may just be as correct as anyone else!

Edit: Official draft order is here: https://www.nhl.com/news/nhl-draft-order/c-280973262

Last edited:

djdub

This Space for Rent
Oct 1, 2011
Calgary, AB
I barely know any players ranked out of the top 30...

A better contest would be first round or top 15 maybe...

Faelko

Aug 11, 2002
Could maybe do it as 3 separate contests, one for each round for those of us that don't follow it as much?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad