Speculation: 2016 Deadline Sellapaloza Thread | 2/29 3PM | (Proposals, Blog Rumors, etc. here)

blahblah

Nov 24, 2005
It's that or have the fan base bash the FO repeatedly for his morbid play. They screwed up and everybody knows it.

To the common fan and most of this fan base it's a barely known issue. I don't see a revolt because Clarkson is playing. Him playing isn't even an issue with me.

CBJfan4evr

Mar 8, 2008
New Albany
To the common fan and most of this fan base it's a barely known issue. I don't see a revolt because Clarkson is playing. Him playing isn't even an issue with me.
Grinds on me, because he is blocking the path of others; I guess the same could be said of Boll, Bourque, etc. I can tolerate those more so because it's less cash or term is expiring. While I'd like to think playoffs are possible next year I think the reality is that these contracts will have to cycle through before we can get better.

CBJx614

May 25, 2012
C-137
Grinds on me, because he is blocking the path of others; I guess the same could be said of Boll, Bourque, etc. I can tolerate those more so because it's less cash or term is expiring. While I'd like to think playoffs are possible next year I think the reality is that these contracts will have to cycle through before we can get better.
barring a collapse of Hartnells game, after next season Clarkson should be the only "roadblock" if you will.
Borque gone this year.
Boll and Campbell next year.

Frees up 3 spots for prospects to push for.

KlichkoBro*

Interesting how the trade dead-line thread turned into David Clarkson's. Just like most of the others.
I saw this info on some European board and thought it could be interesting for the Blue jackets fans as well:
Columbus signed defenseman John Ramage to two-year, two-way contract extension.
Didn't know that he played at the WJC for 2 years in a row and was the team USA captain in 2011. Just like Werenski in 2016. He also played for the Wisconsin Badgers with Cody Goloubef, Justin Schultz, Ryan McDonagh, Brendan Smith and Jake Gardiner in 2009-10. That was a hell of a defense for a college team, possibly the best ever in the history of NCAA hockey.

blahblah

Nov 24, 2005

All I'm saying is that you aren't the fan base. We're single fans. I wouldn't project your views to the entire base. Most of the fans barely know who's in the ice on any given night; things like healthy scratches, injuries, etc.

NotWendell

Has also never won the lottery.
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2005
Columbus, Ohio
barring a collapse of Hartnells game, after next season Clarkson should be the only "roadblock" if you will.
Borque gone this year.
Boll and Campbell next year.

Frees up 3 spots for prospects to push for.

And you can pretty much count on Clarkson being injured for half the season.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad