Speculation: 2016 Coyotes Off-Season Roster Discussion - Part 5

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hinterland

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2016
Was it this one? http://nerdhockey.com/by-the-numbers/2015/8/7/when-do-nhl-forwards-regress

Conclusion "Prime seems to be more from the ages of 23-26."

Then he states the obvious " If you're very young and in the NHL, it's probably because you are very, very good. If you're very old and in the NHL, it's probably because you are still very, very good."

There's no general rule. Laich definitely peaked in that area and has declined rapidly. Talented, hard working guys like Hanzal are able to improve at 30 and beyond.

Did you guys see Jagr this preseason? I don't think he ever was as mobile and fast as he is now. He looked lightning fast. Really impressive.
Doan is another example. Got written off after a bad start last season. He looked terrible. In fact he just needed a few games to adjust and figure things out. He was able to rebound big time. I think last season was his best one in a few years. Of course it helped that the team has gotten significantly better but it's still impressive to see guys stepping up with +/- 40 years.
Selanne would be another example. Didn't lose the slightest bit of his skating until the end of his career.

AZviaNJ

“Sure as shit want to F*** Coyote fans.”
Mar 31, 2011
AZ
Seeing his age in the other thread bummed me the hell out. 29. Just out there like that. I think of him as a 26 year old. He's not. He's 29. Can anyone realistically see him as an extremely valuable 34 year old? Yikes. That happened quick. It's depressing.
Prospect > Rookie > Career Peak > Vet > Aging Vet

In a blink........

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad