Not open for further replies.

Heldig

Apr 12, 2002
BC
I really hope Strome makes the Coyotes this season bedcause:

1) that means he has earned it and is on his way to being a top 6 C

2) by staying up he gets to work daily with our skating coach

3) sending him down will be demoralizing for Strome

4) sending him down will mean insufferable posts from TML fans (more so than usual)

:popcorn:

Bonsai Tree

Turning a new leaf
Feb 2, 2014
So that would make:

Domi, Hanzal, Vrbata
Strome, Dvorak, Duclair
Martinook, Richardson, Doan
Crouse, Dauphin, Rieder
White, McGinn

If you play Rieder as a RW it will be on the 4th line. Not sure they're gonna do it but ok:nod:
Vrbata is useless on a 4th line, Duclair isn't gonna play on a 4th line and I also doubt they're gonna play Doan there.

Your 3rd and 4th lines look interchangeable so 4th ling might see more minutes than before using this lineup.

Dirty Old Man

So funny I forgot to laugh
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2008
Ostrich City
I was spelling Rieder incorrectly. Woo, learning...

You'd think a guy with 'Herr' in his name... :) ... German's generally a little bit easier than English with the 'ei' vs 'ie' thing. 'ie' is almost always our long 'e' (reed, beekeeper); 'ei' is almost always our long 'i' (high, sky, fly)

Bonsai Tree

Turning a new leaf
Feb 2, 2014
You'd think a guy with 'Herr' in his name... :) ... German's generally a little bit easier than English with the 'ei' vs 'ie' thing. 'ie' is almost always our long 'e' (reed, beekeeper); 'ei' is almost always our long 'i' (high, sky, fly)

Really quite the German sentence structure bewildering cobbed on at the end verbs is.

Hinterland

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2016
Your 3rd and 4th lines look interchangeable so 4th ling might see more minutes than before using this lineup.

You still have to split 60mins between players like Vrbata, Duclair, Rieder and Doan. Ok, you can balance a bit with the special teams but still. You don't play those 4 on the same side. I wouldn't mind it but I don't think it's gonna happen...

HerrDonut

May 30, 2013
Arizona
I imagine Doan being flexibile enough to share his minutes (speaking of his personality and leadership). I like this point Hinterland brings up though, could be interesting to watch play out.

If I was taught such a concise way of remembering it in my semester of high school German, I've long since forgotten. And I'm generally not so in touch with my heritage. In fact, my first name here was AndrewDonut, but I signed up around the same time as AndrewYotes and someone said one of us should change... yeah.

SR

Mar 31, 2008
Arizona
You can keep Strome at LW if you send Crouse back, move McGinn or Rieder to RW, and scratch White.

What has Strome done to play himself into the opening night roster? I am curious to hear your thoughts.

Crouse, Dvorak, and to a lesser extant, Samuelson and Dauphin showed more in camp and the preseason games than Strome did.

I don't think Strome stays. Chychrun will get 9 and sent while DeAngelo draws in as the 7th man.

BAdvocate

Mediocrity is the enemy of any Dynasty
Feb 27, 2003
youtu.be
This roster line up for today also tell me that Strome is going back soon.

Just my opinion but I'm of the mindset that Strome isn't making this team.

Edit: beyond the nine games.

Because they have him at wing? On the second line?

Well, I don't know. He'll certainly get a chance. But yeah. Dvorak has outplayed him and Tippetts seem to prefer Dvorak as of now.

Dvorak preseason FO% - 56.5
Strome preseason FO% - 39.8

Hinterland

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2016
Hanzal likely ain't gonna be here in 5 months, short term problem.

I hope he is. If not we lose one of our most important players. I'd keep him regardless of how Strome and Dvorak do. Pay that man. He's a faceoff monster, solid two way center who also knows a little bit about possession hockey. Last but not least he's a physical force. Hanzal is important for a team that has many small forwards on its roster.
Dvorak and Strome may have better hands and moves but they're never gonna replace Hanzal. Team was really shabby without him.
I hope they're gonna pay him and be it only to center our 3rd line. There are not too many centers who can do what he does...

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
Hanzal is made of glass and is only getting older. His ask will likely be higher than what Chayka is willing to do.

Grvmnd

Apr 20, 2015
What has Strome done to play himself into the opening night roster? I am curious to hear your thoughts.

Crouse, Dvorak, and to a lesser extant, Samuelson and Dauphin showed more in camp and the preseason games than Strome did.

I don't think Strome stays. Chychrun will get 9 and sent while DeAngelo draws in as the 7th man.

Most games played but nobody on the team had more points than strome. He's a + player on a team that was 5-1-2. What else would he have had to do to get a shot? Point per game?

I'm not ready to bronze a statue of him in my back yard but I think he earned a spot.

AZviaNJ

“Sure as shit want to F*** Coyote fans.”
Mar 31, 2011
AZ
Hanzal is made of glass and is only getting older. His ask will likely be higher than what Chayka is willing to do.
If GMJC wanted to keep Hanzal, he'd already be signed.

SR

Mar 31, 2008
Arizona
Most games played but nobody on the team had more points than strome. He's a + player on a team that was 5-1-2. What else would he have had to do to get a shot? Point per game?

I'm not ready to bronze a statue of him in my back yard but I think he earned a spot.

Dvorak did the same, minus a game. Strome was also taken 3 over all, a lot more hype than a 2nd rnd'r should most def produce like that and more.

Maybe my potential for Strome is a tad higher. To me he didn't stand out like a 3 over all pick.

SniperHF

Rejecting Reports
Mar 9, 2007
Phoenix

Did he play himself out of one? That's a better question IMO. Despite management saying they don't hold spots, they pretty clearly do. The answer is no he didn't play himself off the team even though I didn't think he had the greatest preseason. On the center depth chart who is better than Strome? Even if one thinks Dauphin is better at the moment there are enough spots for both of them for now.

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville

I'll do my best. :)

Strome's been extraordinarily successful at every level to an elite extent.

...and he probably put up more points than those guys in some practice games.

Outside of OEL, he's the most important player in the entire organization. You don't jeopardize that because some two bit prospect got hot in camp. There's a thing called a body of work, and it should count for something.

Crouse has the potential to be a fine middle sixer. And he's more likely to realize that potential if he spends a year in the OHL learning what being an elite player in a league feels like. Dauphin has the potential to be a fine bottom sixer. And he has a better a better chance of reaching that potential if he spends another year in the AHL, learning what it feels like to be a valuable and productive professional hockey player. Dylan Strome has the potential to be an NHL All Star. He's more likely to reach that potential by spending this season in the NHL than he is going back to a league where he will put up 3pts per game.

Last edited:

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
Hanzal likely ain't gonna be here in 5 months, short term problem.

Seeing his age in the other thread bummed me the hell out. 29. Just out there like that. I think of him as a 26 year old. He's not. He's 29. Can anyone realistically see him as an extremely valuable 34 year old? Yikes. That happened quick. It's depressing.

SniperHF

Rejecting Reports
Mar 9, 2007
Phoenix
Seeing his age in the other thread bummed me the hell out. 29. Just out there like that. I think of him as a 26 year old. He's not. He's 29. Can anyone realistically see him as an extremely valuable 34 year old? Yikes. That happened quick. It's depressing.

The one thing I've said before about Hanzal's aging is: he keeps getting injured and in some cases surgically repaired. And most of the time he's actually been a better player afterward :laugh:

The 6 million dollar Hanzal, though hopefully not literally :biglaugh:

The bigger problem is some team is gonna throw him a ton of money for a couple years on a run fully understanding that he'll break down later. They won't care.

Grvmnd

Apr 20, 2015
Plus the last thing we need is another 3rd overall feeling scorned about not being given a chance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad