Speculation: 2016 Coyotes Off-Season Roster Discussion - Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

cobra427

May 6, 2012
I say a big NO on Quincey. I'm tired of dumpster diving. AL said there is money to spend so I want someone that fits into the long term plans. No more of this stop gap crap. Time to set our sights higher, much higher.

I agree, we need at least one top 4D, signed longer term. Past that, if Quincy is cheap enough/small term, maybe....As for stop gaps, I am ok with one forward signing, maybe AT or Verby, something similar, one year deal.

Opak

Nov 28, 2014
@ opak we're expecting a pretty decent return for hanzal, like close to yandle's. He's pretty damn valuable, especially to a playoff team. Not sure on depres, is he top 4 quality? What kind of return are you guys looking for? Meant on the yotes specifically, obviously domi and duke are out, rieder would be pricy, not sure who else you'd want.

When he's healthy, Despres is definitely a top 4 defenseman, primarily a two-way guy. He can play both sides, so there's some versatility to his game. He suffered from concussion issues last season, wasn't exactly on top of his game.

As for the return, a package of Martinook and a draft pick could be interesting. Rieder would be interesting too, but he's a RFA and will likely get a significant raise.

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
Players like Martinook and Rieder aren't available. If they were, it wouldn't be for a gamble like Despres.

Matias Maccete

Chopping up defenses
Sep 21, 2014
Players like Martinook and Rieder aren't available. If they were, it wouldn't be for a gamble like Despres.

I like martinook an awful lot but to say he's not available is a little much imo. He's a third liner at best. Having said that if depres is all concussed not sure we want him. Martinook isn't untouchable but I'd rather not throw him away either.

ParisSaintGermain

Jan 19, 2004
Martinook is the sort of Donskoi/Sheary type; a third/fourth liner who will win the most important game for a franchise, at a time it is the least expected but the most needed.

Value in a trade will always be vastly inferior to value to his team; so I also think Martinook is mostly unavailable.

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
I like martinook an awful lot but to say he's not available is a little much imo. He's a third liner at best. Having said that if depres is all concussed not sure we want him. Martinook isn't untouchable but I'd rather not throw him away either.

He's worth his weight in gold to Chayka and DT, I'm willing to wager. Same as Rieder. Unless you fancy trading them and inviting more scrubs back onto the roster ala Moss. They're not 'untouchable', just so internally valuable that it wouldn't be practical to trade for them and they won't be sacrificed anytime soon.

YotesFan47

Jun 16, 2012
Phoenix, Arizona USA
He's worth his weight in gold to Chayka and DT, I'm willing to wager. Same as Rieder. Unless you fancy trading them and inviting more scrubs back onto the roster ala Moss. They're not 'untouchable', just so internally valuable that it wouldn't be practical to trade for them and they won't be sacrificed anytime soon.

That's pretty much spot on. To make things worse is we have no one in the system who looks near ready to replace them. If we did it might be easier to justify, but at the moment I'd imagine they have a spot pretty far away from the trade table.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad