OT: 2016 Blue Bombers Thread Part Trois

Status
Not open for further replies.

Holden Caulfield

Eternal Skeptic
Feb 15, 2006
Winnipeg
And if Nichols regresses to his norm, or suffers a significant injury? I am very uncomfortable with our QB situation. Unless something is in the works, I just don't see the logic in letting an experienced backup like Glenn walk.

Oh I agree 100%. Right now we are big trouble at QB. Glenn wanted near starter money and opportunity though, he was a FA. Released a bit early, but he was leaving either way.

We do need to find another QB to push Nichols out.

Evil Little

Jan 22, 2014
Oh I agree 100%. Right now we are big trouble at QB. Glenn wanted near starter money and opportunity though, he was a FA. Released a bit early, but he was leaving either way.

We do need to find another QB to push Nichols out.

Walters said on that radio that both he and Glenn are open to talking again, just that the latter asked for a release to pursue his options.

Which are...?

jefferoni

your mother was a hamster
Oct 30, 2013
Winnipeg
Quincy McDuffie signed by the Dallas Cowboys. :cry:

http://www.winnipegsun.com/2017/01/31/bombers-cut-shologan

It appears the Winnipeg Blue Bombers will lose Quincy McDuffie, the CFL's top kickoff returner last season.

The Bombers have released McDuffie to allow him to sign with the NFL's Dallas Cowboys.

Player agent Brett Tessler on Twitter said the Cowboys worked out the 26-year-old and signed him on Tuesday.

It's a big loss for the Bombers, as McDuffie, who was scheduled to become a CFL free agent next month, led the CFL with a 27.7-yard average on 42 kickoff returns in 2016.

Despite suiting up for just 13 games, he was the only CFL player to score a touchdown on a kickoff return – he had two.

On offence, McDuffie caught 23 passes for 241 yards and a touchdown. He was also tied for the team lead with three fumbles.

trebendan

Aug 13, 2010
How about LeFevour? Or are the Bombers going with Davis as the back-up?

Time for a new thread - for 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->