2016 ALDS - Texas Rangers (1) vs Toronto Blue Jays (WC) - Series Discussion

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
Sanchez wasn't good, but he wasn't awful either. Just a meh start.

If they get him going, the Blue Jays can go head to head with anybody left for a world series title.

Halladay

Feb 27, 2009
H Town
If there's 1 team who doesn't really need time to set up the rotation it's the Jays. You could ask 4 different people who should start game 1 and get 4 different answers. I trust any of the 4 guys at any time, the order, putting whoever we want in what order we want is great but for us it's not a huge deal IMO

I dont follow the Jays as closely, but I would have Estrada pitch on the road. Also have to think about who you want starting a potential game 7. I would probably go Happ-Estrada-Sanchez-Stroman.

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
Also, since I'm rooting for Cleveland until they face us, bet it feels good for Cleveland fans that the guy that turned them down (Lucroy) just lost on the team that he picked them over.

PG Canuck

Mar 29, 2010
Also, since I'm rooting for Cleveland until they face us, bet it feels good for Cleveland fans that the guy that turned them down (Lucroy) just lost on the team that he picked them over.

Rangers stocked up on Lucroy to not win a playoff game.

Pretty great.

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke

Well there are some former Cleveland execs running the show in Toronto now, and the locals may not be so keen if their former execs went on to win the championship in another city, one year after they got here. :laugh:

Marc the Habs Fan

Nov 30, 2002
Longueuil
Lucroy is signed through next season.

Beltran is FA.

I dont follow the Jays as closely, but I would have Estrada pitch on the road. Also have to think about who you want starting a potential game 7. I would probably go Happ-Estrada-Sanchez-Stroman.

Yeah, Estrada on the road is the right play.

I think you'll see Sanchez lined up to start Game 4.

They won't want Sanchez pitching twice in a series with his innings ''situation''. So Stroman for the 3rd game and potentially pitching a game 7.

c9777666

Aug 31, 2016
Anyone think Andrus might have done a better job with the ball or maybe thrown to third?

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
Anyone think Andrus might have done a better job with the ball or maybe thrown to third?

It wasn't a bad play to attempt the double play. If they had executed cleanly it would have been a pretty easy DP.

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010

Beltran is FA.

They won't want Sanchez pitching twice in a series with his innings ''situation''. So Stroman for the 3rd game and potentially pitching a game 7.

Which is why Stroman should have started today, so if they won Sanchez's "ALDS start" really could come in the ALCS and if they lost they get Sanchez pitching with a chance to win the ALDS anyway, same 2 pitchers in games 3 and 4 just flipped

Oh well over and done with and they won but every extra Sanchez start would help

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
Looking at the replay again, if they had gone to 3rd it would have been VERY close. He's probably safe there and then it's bases loaded with 1 out and the Jays still probably win.

Virtanen18

SAMCRO
Jan 25, 2014
Vancouver
The booze fuels the Jays. I swear to god.
Tulo is always so pumped when the booze comes out lol. Bet he's feeling real good about the trade a year later.

Claude28Giroux, Deen, DucksFanDFW, EON, HaleyDestroyedNurse, Jobu, Josepho, Killahpunk, kingsholygrail, littleD, Marc the Habs Fan, Mightygoose, MurrayBannerman, mymerlincat, N o o d l e s, No Fun Shogun, OrioleWay, Racer242833, Raging Bull, rangerssharks414, spintheblackcircle, Taro Tsujimoto, Tecumseh, Troy McClure, ucanthanzalthetruth, Zeus54

giphy.gif
Ay don't steal my gimmick :laugh:

PG Canuck

Mar 29, 2010
Tulo is always so pumped when the booze comes out lol. Bet he's feeling real good about the trade a year later.

Ay don't steal my gimmick :laugh:

Tulo loves to party.

And sorry, wasn't sure who did it last time, so took it into my own hands. :laugh:

Mowzie

Sep 17, 2003

Beltran is FA.

Spot on.

1- Estrada
2- Happ
3- Stroman
4- Sanchez
5- Estrada
6- Happ
7- Stroman

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad