2016 ALCS: (2) Cleveland Indians vs (WC) Toronto Blue Jays

Status
Not open for further replies.

BMOK33

Oct 5, 2005
Merrit is on pace for a perfect game and already you guys are talking about when they'll go to bullpen

He could be perfect through 6 with 65 pitches, I still think Francona takes him out at that point unless he's up 6-0.

Fish on The Sand

Untouchable
Feb 28, 2002
Canada
Jays best shot is to get to Merritt 2nd time through. Otherwise, I think Francona does go for the knockout punch. Miller 6th 7th, Allen rest of the way.

Estrada not as sharp as his first two starts, but it's a testament to the Indians that 2 runs down, 7 innings to go, feels like a losing cause.

I agree. I doubt we see Merritt go through the order a 3rd time. Assuming he continues to pitch well he will get to go through the order once more and then turn it over.

Finlandia WOAT

js7.4x8fnmcf5070124
May 23, 2010
Merrit is on pace for a perfect game and already you guys are talking about when the Indians will go to the bullpen

Merritt isn't that good (though not take away from his so-far perfect game): the Jays don't have a read on him so he has a leeway to make mistakes.

Which is going to change fast 2nd and 3rd time through the lineup. Merritt is definitely on a leash.

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
Jays have to show some damn urgency here.

Two innings before they bring out the gallows, and 5 innings before their best chance at a championship for the foreseeable future is gone.

Neutrinos

Sep 23, 2016
I hope Jays management is paying attention

Estrada and his stuff is not the type of pitcher you want throwing 3 times in a best of 7 series

The Jays need a stud ace, Estrada is more suited to being a #3

TheBeastCoast

Mar 23, 2011
Dartmouth,NS
I hope the Jays management is paying attention

Estrada and his stuff is not the type of pitcher you want throwing 3 times in a best of 7 series

Um....Estrada is not the Jays ace. He also in no scenario would have pitched 3 times in this series.

chaosrevolver

Snubbed Again
Nov 24, 2006
Ontario
I hope Jays management is paying attention

In reality:

1. Sanchez
2. Stroman
3. Estrada
4. Happ
5. Liriano

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad