Speculation: 2016-2017 Season Roster Discussion ‎- Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Plub

Part time Leaf fan
Jan 9, 2011
Arizona
Charlie Coyle is a proven center that is 24. If we draft Patrick or Hischer this gives us some time for all of Strome, Keller and Patrick/Hischer to become fulltime NHL'ers.

Also, I'd be thrilled if Dvorak became a Coyle clone. I'm not really seeing that ROR ceiling that I was hoping for.

edit: Don't get me wrong, I'm high on Dvorak. I don't see him becoming more than a solid 2C, but more realistically a very good 3C who can jump lines when needed and lead a PK and defensive zone starts.

Fair enough. I respectfully disagree. I see Dvo as a lock for 2c.

Grimes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 5, 2012
Tippet's Doghouse
I always saw Coyle as a Center but somehow, it never worked. He's a proven Winger, not Center. He wasn't good enough in the middle...part of the reason why the Wild brought in Staal and Dalpe.

Just because Tippett used him that way, that doesn't mean that he has no offensive potential. He set up lots of quality chances for his teammates.. sadly they wasted most of them...just think about McGinn recently. That was a ridiculous miss. Perlini would have scored. Too bad he changed early.

Way too early to give up on the guy. Zero reason to question his potential. So far he's done everything they asked him to.

I thought Coyle was used heavily at center during the playoffs. Maybe I'm mistaken here but I thought he turned the corner last year and was playing at 2C until Staal came.

And not giving up on the guy. I see him as a 30-45 point, defensive center who most teams would kill to have. But I don't see him as that 50-60 point elite 2C ala ROR. Only year one and I'm excited to see how he develops.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->