Byron- Plekanec- Shaw
King- Ott- Mitchell
McCarron Flynn

Markov- Weber
Emelin- Petry
Beaulieu- Benn

Price
Montoya

I think we should split up the offence a bit. Danault finds Pacs pretty well, but I think he'd be less effective with any other winger. We should try to maximize this guy's offence. I'm sure Plek would do as well as Danault, if he were playing with Pacs, but I'm not sure Danault would play as well in Pleks (defensive) role.
Radulov and Galchenyuk should be playing together, without a doubt. And Radulov has proven he can find Lehkonen out there. Radulov could get this kid going.
The rest of the line up is fairly arbitrary, but I like the idea of splitting up the scoring on the first two lines.

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
Can we try this :

Pacioretty - Plekanec - Gallagher
King - Galchenyuk - Radulov
Lekhonen - Danault - Shaw
Byron - Mitchell - McCarron

Flip King for Byron/Lekhonen on the PP could be interesting.

I agree.
This is why I liked this deal immediately.
If Sutter was able to move King around and he kept pace there is no reason we can't.
Remember the effect Weise had when he was a grinder/finisher.
Many of us discussed the impossibility of doing anything when four or sometimes even five players slotted into your top three lines are either midgets smallish and or soft. He could very well be a long term solution for our third line. So this should open a number of options for coach to explore.

Wats

Error 520
Mar 8, 2006
Pacioretty - Danault - Gallagher
King - Galchenyuk - Radulov
Byron - Plekanec - Shaw
Martinsen/Lehkonen - Ott - Mitchell

G0bias

Oct 4, 2007
MTL
^It'd be tough to sit Lehkonen after he had 5 SOG and scored his first goal in a long while.

Kudo Shinichi

Apr 20, 2012
For next game

Lehkonen - Galchenyuk - Radulov
Byron - Plekanec - Shaw
Martinsen - Ott - King

Markov - Weber
Davidson - Petry
Beaulieu - Weber

Roadhouse

Bring me back to 2006...
Dec 12, 2016
Prescott & Russell
For next game

Byron - Plekanec - Shaw
Martinsen - Ott - King

Markov - Weber
Davidson - Petry
Beaulieu - Weber

Nice, are we cloning Weber for real? :naughty:

But yes, Beau-Benn. Les BB.

I agree with the forward lines, 1A and 1B and two lines filled with role players (although Gally is a bit of a role player himself). Swap wings on Marty and King?

Lehks proved last night he can be clutch in the o-zone - Chucky and Rads can only maximize his potential. Capt Patches gets two hard workers to dig the puck out of the corners and send it his way.

BaseballCoach

Dec 15, 2006
For next game

Byron - Plekanec - Shaw
Martinsen - Ott - King

Markov - Weber
Davidson - Petry
Beaulieu - Weber

I don't like King with Pleks but the third line is still small. I think I would put Martinsen with Pleks and Byron, since they all have speed but Andreas adds muscle, and play Ott with Shaw and King as they could be a REAL effective 3/4 line!

I like Radulov with Lehkonen and Danault with Patches. We could leave the two C's the way you have them, or flip them at times if Danault can't keep Patches producing.

Lehkonen-Galchenyuk-Radulov
Pacioretty-Danault-Gallagher
Martinsen-Plekanec-Byron
King-Ott-Shaw

Beaulieu-Weber
Markov-Petry
Emelin-Benn

Coldplay

Courage
Aug 21, 2008
Montréal
I don't like King with Pleks but the third line is still small. I think I would put Martinsen with Pleks and Byron, since they all have speed but Andreas adds muscle, and play Ott with Shaw and King as they could be a REAL effective 3/4 line!

I like Radulov with Lehkonen and Danault with Patches. We could leave the two C's the way you have them, or flip them at times if Danault can't keep Patches producing.

Martinsen-Plekanec-Byron
King-Ott-Shaw

Beaulieu-Weber
Markov-Petry
Emelin-Benn

Shaw is a considerably better player and producer than Martinsen, no way he should be reduced to playing L4 minutes at his expense.

BaseballCoach

Dec 15, 2006
Shaw is a considerably better player and producer than Martinsen, no way he should be reduced to playing L4 minutes at his expense.

If he's having a good day, Shaw can take a shift or two per period from Lehkonen and certainly play the PP.

Jul 6, 2016
I think Mitchell and Ott will be in and out of the line up depending of the opposition.

Martinsen has a great first game but he is still a part-time part.

Fazkovsky

Sep 4, 2013
Galchenyuk-Plekanec-Radulov
King-Mccaron-Lehkonen
Byron-Ott-Shaw

hudon, mitchell, flynn, martinsen extra.

HabsTown

Jun 5, 2014
Montreal
I'd go with

King-Plekanec-Shaw
Martinsen-Ott/Mitchell- Byron

Markov-Weber
Beaulieu-Petry
Emelin-Benn

I'd like to sit out Emelin (who's been atrocious lately, guy as a tunnel vision and looses most of his defensive coverage) for a few games and run Davidson-Benn as our 3rd pairing.

Ott/Mitchell = when we play tougher teams aka Sens, put Ott in there. Faster teams, insert Mitchell in the lineup.

smirob

Jun 2, 2014
I would tend to agree with many on here, Radulov-Galchenyuk needs to happen.

I would try:

King-Galchenyuk-Radulov
Lehkonen-Plekanec-Shaw
Martinsen-Ott-Byron

I think having some sandpaper on each line will wear teams down. Good balance of scoring/physical/pain in the *ss.

I think King might get Galchenyuk/Radulov a little more space to make things happen.

Leon Lucius Black

Nov 5, 2007
I would tend to agree with many on here, Radulov-Galchenyuk needs to happen.

I would try:

King-Galchenyuk-Radulov
Lehkonen-Plekanec-Shaw
Martinsen-Ott-Byron

I think having some sandpaper on each line will wear teams down. Good balance of scoring/physical/pain in the *ss.

I think King might get Galchenyuk/Radulov a little more space to make things happen.

Lehkonen has been excellent with Chucky lately, he brings more speed/defence to that line so I'd like to see Lehks with Chucky/Radulov for a bit.

Also he's got an incredible shot and Radulov likes to pass, it'll help him get more scoring chances.

King - Plek - Shaw can be a solid defensive line that can chip in offensively too.

Aug 25, 2009
éal
2017-2018

Watching some plays of Sergachev made me excited and curious about next season lineup

Many contract coming up and the expansion draft as well, pretty hard to pencil a lineup for next season

But which rookies are you expecting to make the team? I'd be shocked if Sergachev went back to the Juniors and I dont think he can play in the AHL yet.

Plus he's a LHD which prefer to play right side, which make him a versatile asset. I think the pairing next year could look like this:

????? - Weber
Beaulieu - Petry
Markov - Sergachev
Benn, Davidson

There's good chance we lose one of Benn or Davidson on the ED. If so, maybe we re-sign Nesterov. We still need someone to play with Weber. I think Emelin is gone after this year.

Then up front, it's even harder to predict. Hopefully Radulov stay.

Pacioretty - Galchenyuk - Radulov
Hudon - Danault - Gallagher
Lehkonen - Plekanec - Shaw
Martinsen - McCarron - Mitchell

I'm thinking Byron with his cheap contract is a good targent for Vegas. Hopefully he stay but I think he is leaving.

Trading Plekanec and Emelin in the same offseason is wishful thinking so I think he will remain on the lineup for another year at least.

It's probably the year Hudon and McCarron finally makes it.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Watching some plays of Sergachev made me excited and curious about next season lineup

Many contract coming up and the expansion draft as well, pretty hard to pencil a lineup for next season

But which rookies are you expecting to make the team? I'd be shocked if Sergachev went back to the Juniors and I dont think he can play in the AHL yet.

Plus he's a LHD which prefer to play right side, which make him a versatile asset. I think the pairing next year could look like this:

????? - Weber
Beaulieu - Petry
Markov - Sergachev
Benn, Davidson

There's good chance we lose one of Benn or Davidson on the ED. If so, maybe we re-sign Nesterov. We still need someone to play with Weber. I think Emelin is gone after this year.

Then up front, it's even harder to predict. Hopefully Radulov stay.

Pacioretty - Galchenyuk - Radulov
Hudon - Danault - Gallagher
Lehkonen - Plekanec - Shaw
Martinsen - McCarron - Mitchell

I'm thinking Byron with his cheap contract is a good targent for Vegas. Hopefully he stay but I think he is leaving.

Trading Plekanec and Emelin in the same offseason is wishful thinking so I think he will remain on the lineup for another year at least.

It's probably the year Hudon and McCarron finally makes it.

I'm crossing my fingers Pleky is taken by LV and the Habs send a draft pick to make it happen! This frees up much valuable cap space and it's needed in order to address the top 6 center issues.

Byron / Galchenyuk / Radulov
Patch / ????? / Gallagher
Lehkonen / Danault / Shaw
???? / McCarron / Mitchell

????? / Weber
Benn / Petry
Markov / Sergachev

1) Where do Emelin, Beaulieu, Davidson, Scherbak, Hudon, Nesterov fit?

2) Who plays with Weber. Is Sergachev ready to play with top pairing minutes? If not, who's the guy who plays with Weber if it's not Markov again. Emelin again?

3) Who's the 2nd line center?

Aug 25, 2009
éal
I'm crossing my fingers Pleky is taken by LV and the Habs send a draft pick to make it happen! This frees up much valuable cap space and it's needed in order to address the top 6 center issues.

Byron / Galchenyuk / Radulov
Patch / ????? / Gallagher
Lehkonen / Danault / Shaw
???? / McCarron / Mitchell

????? / Weber
Benn / Petry
Markov / Sergachev

1) Where do Emelin, Beaulieu, Davidson, Scherbak, Hudon, Nesterov fit?

2) Who plays with Weber. Is Sergachev ready to play with top pairing minutes? If not, who's the guy who plays with Weber if it's not Markov again. Emelin again?

3) Who's the 2nd line center?

Not many options on the market for a top 4 LH dman. Alzner... maybe Franson if he can play left side, which I doubt.

This is my main priority after signing Radulov: someone to play with Weber. Beaulieu, Emelin, Markov just won't cut it next season and I dont want to force Sergachev 22 minutes a night on his rookie season.

smirob

Jun 2, 2014
Our fwd group needs a major addition imo. So because this isn't a trade proposal thread, I assume they will look pretty similar to last year.

On defence, we have some interesting options:

Sergachev*-Weber
Markov**-Petry
Beaulieu-Benn
Davidson

*Assuming he is ready, I don't think it's out of the realm of possibility and would have a drastic impact on how our d looks next year. Serg could be a perfect partner for Weber.

**Signed to a cheap(er), short term deal. Markov could still be a solid dman next year, paired with Petry he has someone quick enough to offset any loss of speed etc. Keeping Markov is ideal with Sergachev getting adjusted imo, who better to learn from?

Assuming Emelin gets picked by LV - and Markov takes a pay cut (assume 2.5-3M for 2 years) we cut around 6-7 Million off of our cap....

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Not many options on the market for a top 4 LH dman. Alzner... maybe Franson if he can play left side, which I doubt.

This is my main priority after signing Radulov: someone to play with Weber. Beaulieu, Emelin, Markov just won't cut it next season and I dont want to force Sergachev 22 minutes a night on his rookie season.

I think the target should be a top 6 center. Finding a LD to play with Weber is an issue but Markov, Emelin, and maybe Sergachev can fill that role. Ideal? No, but it's not a terrible situation.

HabsTown

Jun 5, 2014
Montreal
I know it isn't a trade proposal thread, but I'd be quite happy with :

:sabres

Mikhail Sergachev

:habs

Sam Reinhart

:ducks

Brendan Gallagher

Sami Vatanen

:nashville

Tomas Plekanec (25% retained)
Nikita Scherbak
1st 2017/18

James Neal

Emelin to LV (add something to entice them if a must)

Pacioretty-Reinhart-Neal
Hudon-Danault-Shaw
Martinsen/McCarron-Mitchell-Byron

Vatanen-Weber
Markov-Petry
Beaulieu-Benn
Davidson

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad