May 28, 2010
Lehkonen - Galchenyuk - Radulov
Pacioretty - Plekanec - Gallagher
Danault - Desharnais - Shaw
Carr - Mitchell - Byron

Beaulieu - Weber
Markov - Petry
Emelin - Pateryn

I get that Markov - Petry have been struggling lately but I'd give them one more game.

G0bias

Oct 4, 2007
MTL
Lehkonen - Galchenyuk - Radulov
Danault - Desharnais - Shaw
Carr - Mitchell - Byron

Beaulieu - Weber
Markov - Petry
Emelin - Pateryn

I get that Markov - Petry have been struggling lately but I'd give them one more game.

You're splitting up Mitchell-Danault yet still have DD as 3rd C...?

Carr-Danault-Shaw
Byron-Mitchell-Flynn

This should be our bottom 6 going forward. With one of McCarron/Hudon rotating in at some point.

Kraken Jokes

May 28, 2010
I'm no Desharnais fan but I fail to see where he worked himself out of the lineup. I clearly recall two great plays from him that led to goals in the 1st but was there a specific play he made that was so bad that he'd be benched the next game? I mean from a realistic standpoint rather than the fact that you simply don't like him.

As for splitting Danault and Mitchell, one if not both deserve more opportunities. They're both good players, they don't need each other to succeed. Desharnais' line could use Danault's strength and strong two-way play.

Another thought since Lehkonen hasn't done much in the offensive zone and Mitchell deserves more ice time than Desharnais is this:

Shaw - Galchenyuk - Radulov (15min)
Pacioretty - Plekanec - Gallagher (13min)
Danault - Mitchell - Byron (11min)
Lehkonen - Desharnais - Carr (9min)

Last edited:

Uncle Gary

Apr 12, 2014
I like Emelin with Petry. Put Markov on he 3rd with Pateryn. That will really help decrease his TOI.

Talent Analyst

Dec 24, 2005
100th years
I'm no Desharnais fan but I fail to see where he worked himself out of the lineup. I clearly recall two great plays from him that led to goals in the 1st but was there a specific play he made that was so bad that he'd be benched the next game? I mean from a realistic standpoint rather than the fact that you simply don't like him.

As for splitting Danault and Mitchell, one if not both deserve more opportunities. They're both good players, they don't need each other to succeed. Desharnais' line could use Danault's strength and strong two-way play.

Another thought since Lehkonen hasn't done much in the offensive zone and Mitchell deserves more ice time than Desharnais is this:

Who's gonna play the last 12 minutes?

smirob

Jun 2, 2014
I'd like to see:

Pacioretty-Plekanec-Gallagher
Lehkonen-Galchenyuk-Radulov
Byron-DD-Shaw
Danault-Mitchell-Carr

Emelin-Weber
Beaulieu-Petry
Markov-Pateryn

Radulov looks better to me on his off-wing. I think we need to give Beau more minutes in order to showcase him a little. Long term we need a better 1LD and he would be part of that deal imo.

Leon Lucius Black

Nov 5, 2007
Hudon - Galchenyuk - Radulov
Lehkonen - Danault - Shaw
Byron - Mitchell - Flynn

Emelin - Weber
Markov - Petry
Beaulieu - Pateryn

angry pirate

Feb 9, 2009
Take out Lehkonen for a game or 2 and let him reset...

Carr - Galchenyuk - Radulov

Move Galchenyuk between Pacioretty and Gallagher for the Powerplay with Radulov on the point.

gillyguzzler

Jan 21, 2007
Ontario

I don't get all the love for Shaw. Offensively, he's got very limited skill yet MT double shifts him on the PP. He's at best a 3rd liner who should hardly be used on the PP. As soon as the puck hits his blade on the PP, it's a grenade and a quick clear. DD is actually a better option on the second PP and that's saying a lot.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
I'd like to see:

Pacioretty-Plekanec-Gallagher
Lehkonen-Galchenyuk-Radulov
Byron-DD-Shaw
Danault-Mitchell-Carr

Emelin-Weber
Beaulieu-Petry
Markov-Pateryn

Radulov looks better to me on his off-wing. I think we need to give Beau more minutes in order to showcase him a little. Long term we need a better 1LD and he would be part of that deal imo.

I agree with your line-up except I'd switch Carr with Byron. I recall our 3rd line to start the year was Carr-DD-Shaw and our 4th was Danault-Mitchell-Byron. I was a big fan of this bottom-6.

I remember Shaw's goal in Buffalo, both he and Carr were in front of the net. Shaw shoots backhand through traffic in the slot while Carr is on his butt with two Sabre defensemen on top of him and Carr simply whacking away at the puck and Lehner's pads, creating havoc in the crease. The puck trickled in. That's what I see Shaw and Carr bring to the table together at the same time. DD can benefit from the space those two will create for him

And the 4th line is good with Flynn, I just rather have Byron in the line-up instead and his speed, skill, and hustle fits perfectly with Danault and Mitchell. They were great together at the start.

Everything else on your line-up, Top-6 and defensive pairings, I agree with.

Kraken Jokes

May 28, 2010
I don't get all the love for Shaw. Offensively, he's got very limited skill yet MT double shifts him on the PP. He's at best a 3rd liner who should hardly be used on the PP. As soon as the puck hits his blade on the PP, it's a grenade and a quick clear. DD is actually a better option on the second PP and that's saying a lot.

He'd provide as much offence as Lehkonen has, and might be a better fit. Either way, his job would simply be to phish out pucks along the boards, take up space in front of the net, play well defensively and be a second faceoff option.

Kraken Jokes

May 28, 2010

Simple adjustment with Lehkonen out and Andrighetto called up...

Shaw - Galchenyuk - Radulov (14min)
Pacioretty - Plekanec - Gallagher (14min)
Carr - Desharnais - Andrighetto/Flynn (9min)

Most likely with MT:

Danault - Galchenyuk - Radulov (14min)
Pacioretty - Plekanec - Gallagher (14min)
Byron - Desharnais - Shaw (11min)
Carr - Mitchell - Andrighetto/Flynn (9min)

Last edited:

Canadienna

Jan 27, 2015
Dew drops and rainforest
DD clears waivers...
Big Mac gets the call up

Pacioretty - Galchenyuk - Radulov
Lehkonen - Plekanec - Gallagher
Danault - Mitchell - Byron
Shaw - McCarron - Carr

Top line eats real top line minutes. Tough matchups. All of it.

Pleks line gets some key defensive minutes and takes the load off the guys on the top line.

Bottom two lines are rolled as two third lines. I like Carr and Shaw together.

Now back in reality DD will not be waived. So in that case I just hope we try Patches with chucky and Radu.

One of the few lines we havent played and yet one of the most obvious.

Last edited:

Leon Lucius Black

Nov 5, 2007
#Habs practice lines:
Byron - Galchenyuk- Radulov
Andrighetto - Plekanec - Gallagher
Pacioretty-Danault/Desharnais-Shaw
Carr-Mitchell-Flynn

Per John Lu, DD possibly getting scratched? :amazed:

Agalloch

EliteProspects
Sep 18, 2002
Lachute, QC
Visit site
#Habs practice lines:
Byron - Galchenyuk- Radulov
Andrighetto - Plekanec - Gallagher
Pacioretty-Danault/Desharnais-Shaw
Carr-Mitchell-Flynn

Per John Lu, DD possibly getting scratched? :amazed:

Yes. DD is almost gone...If Danault plays good as a 3rd line center, we have no use for DD.

Last edited:

Ohashi_Jouzu*

Apr 2, 2007
Halifax
Yes. DD is almost gone...If Danault plays good as a 3rd line center, we have no use for DD.

But just to make sure, Max gets thrown on a 3rd line with him to ease the pain? :laugh:

edit: small detail, but Respeck seems to have swapped the "2nd" and "3rd" lines compared to what was reported from practise. Which doesn't seem to put Andrighetto, Gallagher, or Danault in the right roles, imo (Andrighetto and Gallagher "moved down" into defensive roles, with Danault and Shaw promoted to offensive roles - at least that's how I interpret what Max's placement means).

Last edited:

Tourist

Nov 26, 2014
We lack speed on the forecheck. It's one of the reasons we have trouble building momentum. Splitting Danault and Mitchell, two of the fastest forecheckers and adding Andrighetto, a speedster himself, instead of DD, makes sure we have a speedy forechecker on each line. That's a good thing.

Agalloch

EliteProspects
Sep 18, 2002
Lachute, QC
Visit site
Eller was a 3rd line center. Therrien still find ways to use DD on his top6.

Eller thinks he's more than a 3rd center. That's a problem. He's not.

Byron/Andrighetto-Galchenuk-Radulov
Pacioretty-XXX-Gallagher
Lehkonen-Plekanec-Shaw
Danault-Mitchell-Flynn

Desharnais

XXX-Weber
Markov-Petry
Beaulieu-Emelin/Pateryn

That's what we need to be cup contender IMO.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad