Prospect Info: 2016-2017 In The System: Springfield Thunderbirds, CHL, NCAA, Europe, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

letsgrowcactus

Jan 21, 2017
100 points in a junior league isn't a great indicator. Especially for an overager. A lot of NON drafted players flirt with that number. Should Petras palmu walk onto an NHL team simply because he scored a better pt / gm than mascherin? No. It doesn't work like that. Mascherin was chosen in the 2nd round last year when teams all ready knew he was a high scorer. That means 30 teams passed on him once, and then some teams twice...so despite his points he has things to work on and improve.

Mascherin was third in the OHL in points production behind only DeBrincat and Taylor Raddysh who both played on a stacked Erie team. He had 40 more points than the second person on his team. Only two other prospects in the OHL's top 10 managed to be in the top 10 without having a teammate also there - the sixth Jordan Kyrou with 94 points and eighth Cliff Pu with 86 points.

Look, I'm not saying he doesn't have aspects of his game to work on or that he's NHL ready, but his offensive production is literally the last thing I'd question about Mascherin.

Last edited:

EnforceTheLaus

In the Year of Our Hatter
Nov 3, 2013
Seeing some rumor stuff that Larry Robinson will be the defensive development coach for the Cats.

BwoyHockeyfan8

Oct 20, 2016
So I was just made aware of cliff pu. WOW do i ever want this guy to make it. "and pu shoots!" "And he gets hit by pu!" endless possibilities

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad