Prospect Info: 2016-2017 Coyotes Prospect Stats

Status
Not open for further replies.

lanky

Feeling Spicy
Jun 23, 2007
Winnipeg
That's actually a great idea. Bracco was lethal on the rush at the Memorial Cup because he could open his feet, turn his hips and make his defender think he was gonna slow up, then leave him in the dust.

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
I still don't understand why we don't put our prospects in figure skating lessons to enable them to better use edges. Listen to all the NHL players who were on the reality tv show where they get matched with a figure skater and how they all walked out of it indicating how they were now better skaters than when they played. Cale Hulse said that. Raved about it. Worth trying IMO.

Worked well for Jeff Skinner.

Kaizen

Sep 30, 2004
Prince George B.C.
I still don't understand why we don't put our prospects in figure skating lessons to enable them to better use edges. Listen to all the NHL players who were on the reality tv show where they get matched with a figure skater and how they all walked out of it indicating how they were now better skaters than when they played. Cale Hulse said that. Raved about it. Worth trying IMO.

I would think that is a large part of what Braid does is to incorporate some "figure skating" style edge work into a player's tool box.

hbk

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
I would think that is a large part of what Braid does is to incorporate some "figure skating" style edge work into a player's tool box.

I think she's just teaching power skating. Completely different.

Heldig

Apr 12, 2002
BC
I think she's just teaching power skating. Completely different.

From an article in the Globe and Mail announcing the Coyotes hiring Dawn Braid,

Dawn Braid was barely out of her teens the first time she coached hockey players. It was 1984 when her late father, then owner of the Vaughan Raiders, reached out in hope of improving the skating skills of players on his Junior B team.
His daughter had not only competed in three Canadian national figure-skating championships, but had just begun working as a novice coach at a Toronto-area club.

“My dad felt skating was important,†says Braid, who grew up as one of 11 kids in the Toronto suburbs. “He was looking at it, and he thought [coaching] was something I could pursue beyond figure skating.â€

hbk

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
From an article in the Globe and Mail announcing the Coyotes hiring Dawn Braid,

Dawn Braid was barely out of her teens the first time she coached hockey players. It was 1984 when her late father, then owner of the Vaughan Raiders, reached out in hope of improving the skating skills of players on his Junior B team.
His daughter had not only competed in three Canadian national figure-skating championships, but had just begun working as a novice coach at a Toronto-area club.

“My dad felt skating was important,†says Braid, who grew up as one of 11 kids in the Toronto suburbs. “He was looking at it, and he thought [coaching] was something I could pursue beyond figure skating.â€

Good find. Excellent!

lanky

Feeling Spicy
Jun 23, 2007
Winnipeg
Skinner is a former figure skater and it's clear by the way he moves on the ice. Bracco does the same. I've never seen any of Braid's clients move like that. Maybe she doesn't teach those skills to hockey players or maybe her clients are too ingrained to learn that style. Or maybe I'm too ignorant to notice.

BlazingBlueAnt

Jul 12, 2014
His time to come across was in 2015 when he could have played on a team with Connor McDavid and Dylan Strome

New York RKY

Let's Go Rangers!
Sep 6, 2009
Arizona
Hi everyone!

I was hoping that you'd be able to help me out. I am currently running a fantasy game on the Rangers board. Based on how a prospect is described on HF (i.e. you need to play a certain number of games in the NHL to be considered graduated) I need a list of your teams top 10 prospects if you don't include players drafted in the entry draft this year.

Would you be able to provide me a list of your top prospects prior to this years entry draft, I would really help me out for my game.

Thanks in advance!

MIGs Dog

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 3, 2012
Hi everyone!

I was hoping that you'd be able to help me out. I am currently running a fantasy game on the Rangers board. Based on how a prospect is described on HF (i.e. you need to play a certain number of games in the NHL to be considered graduated) I need a list of your teams top 10 prospects if you don't include players drafted in the entry draft this year.

Would you be able to provide me a list of your top prospects prior to this years entry draft, I would really help me out for my game.

Thanks in advance!

I'm not really the best person to answer your question, but since no one else has chimed in I'll give it a go.

For starters, take a look at the first post in this thread which lists our prospects from last season. Subtract those we have parted with such as Dauphin and DeAngelo. Subtract Duclair, don't think we can still call him a prospect. I may be missing someone but to my recollection that is who we have.

If you want our top 10 you could just sort those remaining in the table by ppg and come up with a decent list.

If you are looking for in depth analysis someone else will need to respond, but I think Strome, Keller, and Fischer would be on anyone's top 10. For dmen, Wood might see some playing time with the big club this year.

Hope this helps.

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
Hi everyone!

Thanks in advance!

What's the HF definition of prospect? What's the GP number?

lanky

Feeling Spicy
Jun 23, 2007
Winnipeg
Strome
Keller
Perlini
Fischer
Wood
Merkley
Capobianco
Hill
MacInnis
Looke

I used 65 NHL games as the cutoff. Dvorak, Chychrun and Crouse are recently graduated.

PhoPhan

Feb 27, 2002
He has a similar skill set to Michael Stone, but Wood is a little more dynamic. If he can improve his skating and decision-making, I think he can legitimately be the 2nd pairing powerplay cannon a lot of folks though Stone was.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad