GWT: 2016-17 UEFA Europa League knock out stage

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Lyon won't win IMO, they're a mess defensively. They should score however.

First leg at home too, definately the worst draw possible for them.

Pouchkine

May 20, 2015
I'd say a bit of both, but mainly team oriented and defense first. Their main player though is midfield general Christian Noboa who is having a great career in Russia for 10 years now. Also a key player for Ecuador. He was there for the 2 Rubin Kazan titles in 2008 and 2009 and this current Rostov team plays a bit like them being build by Berdyev the coach of those Kazan teams. They have played Atletico Madrid tough twice this year and beat the A team of Bayern Munich as well so it won't be easy.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Of course they *can* but they're still heavy underdogs.

Eh, they park the bus really well and can burn teams on the break. United's horrific possession structure will play right into Rostov's style.

For me Roma are the favourites now, but I like Mochengladbach also.

BMG doesn't have the depth to continue making a push in the league & go much further in the EL.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
I'm also looking forward to future Liverpool legend Azmoun tear into United. :sarcasm:

Pouchkine

May 20, 2015
I'm hoping for a couple of other classics today and I think were gonna get lots of goals and some big surprises.

gnr25

May 22, 2008
Ottawa
United are very physical today. They have injured Granat, he went off with a shoulder type injury, and there were two other stoppages as well. There should probably be two extra minutes added on already. Mkhitaryan has a yellow now.

What were the Russians chanting during the third injury stoppage?

A Rostov player now has a yellow too.

ViD

#CBJNeedHugs
Sponsor
Apr 21, 2007
Blue Jackets Area
Damn it, good goal by United.

I think the pitch condition is made intentionally to take away Manchester's skill advantage. Typically the pitch in Rostov is perfect even in March

maclean

Jan 4, 2014

I think the pitch condition is made intentionally to take away Manchester's skill advantage. Typically the pitch in Rostov is perfect even in March

When they played Sparta a few weeks back it was awful. Brown, bare patches. Looked like a school playground.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House

When they played Sparta a few weeks back it was awful. Brown, bare patches. Looked like a school playground.

Apparently it's very cold there and will only get colder.

Seems to be very slippy at midfield.

Venkman

Jun 28, 2007
England
United are very physical today. They have injured Granat, he went off with a shoulder type injury, and there were two other stoppages as well. There should probably be two extra minutes added on already. Mkhitaryan has a yellow now.

What were the Russians chanting during the third injury stoppage?

A Rostov player now has a yellow too.

Granat injured himself. Mkhi was looking at the ball in the air and Granat was looking at Mkhi and barged him and fell over. Made himself look like a ****.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->