Proposal: 2016-17 Trade Rumours and Proposals Thread Part IX

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheNewEra

Jul 10, 2013
So, we give up 2 first who look like they are much better than the positions that we took them in, another 1st which is likely to be in the 8-12 range, all for Landeskog.

Jesus.

Do we really think Landeskog instead of Ryan does much for us?

Oh yeah, intangibles, etc.

intangibles + lower production = profit

jason2020

Sep 24, 2014
Gabriel Landeskog is 24 and makes a bit less then Ryan now yes looking back giving White and Chabot is far to much.

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
Gabriel Landeskog is 24 and makes a bit less then Ryan now yes looking back giving White and Chabot is far to much.

Exactly. He's a nice player and all...but his 'intangibles' aren't worth giving up one or more blue chippers and/or picks along with Ryan.

forbzee44

May 7, 2014
2M less than Ryan, and younger, and would make you guys a better team probably, and we'd love Chabot or White, but yeah that's pretty overkill.

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
Landeskog is a "decent" 2nd line winger. Better than Ryan, but nothing to give up Ryan + 3 1st's. That's just plain idiotic.

TheNewEra

Jul 10, 2013
Landeskog is much better then ryan lmfao

Landeskog
53 points in 75 games
13 points in 29 games

Ryan
56 games in 81 games
14 points in 32 games

one plays with duchene or mackinnon regularly, the other gets occasional pp time with karlsson

if i could trade them 1 for 1 sure, or ryan plus a small piece for landeskog to save salary sure, he isnt much better though

danielpalfredsson

youtube dot com /watch?v=CdqMZ_s7Y6k
Aug 14, 2013
2M less than Ryan, and younger, and would make you guys a better team probably, and we'd love Chabot or White, but yeah that's pretty overkill.

He makes about a million less than Ryan in real money and is having an equally as bad year production wise. Let's be real. If Landeskog wasn't a sexy member of another team, he'd be a whipping boy here right now. It is the grass is always greener type syndrome.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site

Couldnt find two players that play the game more different.

He makes about a million less than Ryan in real money and is having an equally as bad year production wise. Let's be real. If Landeskog wasn't a sexy member of another team, he'd be a whipping boy here right now. It is the grass is always greener type syndrome.

You do know that Ryan brings absolutely nothing to the table except scoring while Landeskog is the complete opposite. Do you guys watch other teams or just look at stat lines?

Landeskog
53 points in 75 games
13 points in 29 games

Ryan
56 games in 81 games
14 points in 32 games

one plays with duchene or mackinnon regularly, the other gets occasional pp time with karlsson

if i could trade them 1 for 1 sure, or ryan plus a small piece for landeskog to save salary sure, he isnt much better though

I guess this would be a good argument if this was fantasy hockey and you win based on cumulative points.

TheNewEra

Jul 10, 2013
I guess this would be a good argument if this was fantasy hockey and you win based on cumulative points.

so we hate on ryan due to lack of production but landeskog will skate by the hate here? i really doubt it. I guess intangibles makes landeskog immune to the same hate that ryan will get...my bad

YouGotAStuGoing

Mar 26, 2010
Ottawa, Ontario
I've always seen intangibles to be a synonym for "looks like he's trying." A guy like Landeskog gets the same production as a Ryan, but since he looks like he's putting in more effort, I'm sure he would be more appreciated here. Perception is reality.

SameeTheSniper

Jun 15, 2016
Ottawa
landeskog is a border line top line player... sure hes playing with duchene or mackinnon, but other then that colorado is trash

Real Smart Sens Fan

Jun 14, 2014
You do know that Ryan brings absolutely nothing to the table except scoring while Landeskog is the complete opposite. Do you guys watch other teams or just look at stat lines?

Ryan creates more offensively than Landy does. He's not better, but he's a better offensive player.

Real Smart Sens Fan

Jun 14, 2014
Hope that Francois Beauchemin rumor is not true.

What is the rumour? I would love to add Beauchemin and it likely wouldn't cost much, my only concern is that I would much rather replace Wideman than Borowiecki, but, at the same time, I'd rather Wideman play RD than Boro play RD.

I've always seen intangibles to be a synonym for "looks like he's trying." A guy like Landeskog gets the same production as a Ryan, but since he looks like he's putting in more effort, I'm sure he would be more appreciated here. Perception is reality.

This, this so much. It's like guys who make smart small plays in the right places are penalized and the guys who bust their ass just to get to the right place are freakin' heroes. I'd even include Hoffman in the latter category, although I mostly like Hoffman. Hoffman either skates aimlessly or rushes full-speed to a scoring area (with or without the puck). Not much else.

danielpalfredsson

youtube dot com /watch?v=CdqMZ_s7Y6k
Aug 14, 2013
Maybe we're sending Ryan to COL for Beauchemin+.

I just wanted to put that farfetched idea out there so that I can pretend I am perceptive in the off chance it actually happens.

50 in 07

Feb 10, 2016

This right here. For me, Chabot/White/Brown don't move bar an appreciable, tangible upgrade at a position of need which makes sense both long and short term.

Landeskog isn't that. Av's would ask for Chabot, we say no, case closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->