Pacioretty desharnais shaw/Gallagher
Carr/ghetto Plekanec Gallagher/shaw
Danault Mitchell Byron

Emelin Weber
Markov petry
Beaulieu pateryn

Price
Montoya

After the deadline I'd be happy to add Hanzal. Imagine having plekanec as your 4th line centre cause I don't believe desharnais is going anywhere. I know wishful thinking but still. Byron - plekanec - danault/Mitchell/Carr. And then add stafford to replace Carr or ghetto

Last edited:

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
I would like to see..

Lehkonen galchenyuk radulov
Pacioretty desharnais shaw/Gallagher
Carr/ghetto Plekanec Gallagher/shaw
Danault Mitchell Byron

Emelin Weber
Markov petry
Beaulieu pateryn

Price
Montoya

After the deadline I'd be happy to add Hanzal. Imagine having plekanec as your 4th line centre cause I don't believe desharnais is going anywhere. I know wishful thinking but still. Byron - plekanec - danault/Mitchell/Carr. And then add stafford to replace Carr or ghetto

I actually believe the opposite. I maintain that DD isn't finishing the year with Montreal OR that he just won't be re-signed this summer. MB's been trying to trade him for a good while now with no takers. Being in his final year, teams might be willing to take him this season. #fingerscrossed

Beendair Donedat

Punk in Drublic
Dec 29, 2010
Truth or Consequences, NM
Here's the problem with the "new lines":

While I agree that Galchenyuk and Radulov show obvious chemistry together and should be playing together, I don't think Gallagher should be on that line. Both Gallagher and Radulov were the "engines" on their respective lines before - the guys you could count on to always show up, work hard, press the play and keep the line moving. You put Radulov and Gallagher together and it means you've now got a line that isn't going anymore, like we saw tonight. Here's what I would do:

Lehkonen - Galchenyuk - Radulov
Pacioretty - Plekanec - Gallagher
Byron - Desharnais - Shaw
Danault - Mitchell - Flynn

Belial

Oct 22, 2014
Montreal

While I agree that Galchenyuk and Radulov show obvious chemistry together and should be playing together, I don't think Gallagher should be on that line. Both Gallagher and Radulov were the "engines" on their respective lines before - the guys you could count on to always show up, work hard, press the play and keep the line moving. You put Radulov and Gallagher together and it means you've now got a line that isn't going anymore, like we saw tonight. Here's what I would do:

I agree with you , they should separate Rads and Gally to be even more effective as a team. But I would go with something else as line up.

Carr - Galchenyuk - Radulov
Lehkonen - Plekanec - Gallagher
Pacioretty - Desharnais - Shaw
Danault - Mitchell - Byron
Flynn

Wats

Error 520
Mar 8, 2006

Agreed, I'd swap Carr in for Flynn.

- This line faces the tougher matchups. Pacioretty might want soft matchups but he needs to learn how to play against higher competition if Habs are to have playoff success.

- all 3 have shown chemistry and Lehkonen is already one of the better checking forwards on team.

Carr - Desharnais - Shaw
- They were not that bad together

jjmathews202

Jul 21, 2015
Offense:
Lehkonen - Chucky - Radulov
Chucky/Rads duo obvious chemistry. Lehkonen is a good complementary 3rd player with great defensive play and offensive upside that will develop.

Carr - Pleks - Gallagher
Pleks and Gallagher are good together. Add in carr who is gritty like Gallagher and you have a very solid 2-way line and a good goal scorer in gallagher.

Max - DD - Shaw
Max and DD reunited! Shaw will also benefit from playing w/ Pacioretty just like he did playing with Toews in Chicago. I don't think this line is a long-term solution, but right now it could work. Pacioretty will crush easier matchups. Makes it very difficult for other teams to choose how to do matchups.

Byron - Mitchell - Danault
Ultimate 4th line.

Defense:
Beaulieu - Darth Weber
Solid environment for Beaulieu to hopefully improve, or at least get elevated trade value if he gets moved. Weber can then focus on being the last line of defense, which he is famous for preferring as a D partner.

Markov - Petry
Solid second pairing. Limiting Markov's minutes is key.

Emelin - Pateryn
Bone crushing 3rd pairing. Very solid.

Pricer

Kraken Jokes

May 28, 2010
Pacioretty - Desharnais - Shaw
Danault - Plekanec - Gallagher
Byron - Mitchell - Flynn

PP Forwards
Galchenyuk - Plekanec/Shaw - Radulov
Pacioretty - Desharnais - Gallagher
PP Defence
Weber - Petry
Markov - Beaulieu

scrubadam

Apr 10, 2016
Too much Lek on the 1st line. Like the kid he is a gamer, but as a rookie playing his 1st season on NA ice don't you think its to much pressure? We can see offensively he has slowed down a bit already. Maybe its better for him to be in an easier role against easier competition rather than throwing him to the wolves right away?

Habsawce

Nov 16, 2010
Canada
Lehkonen-Galchenyuk-Radulov
Pacioretty-Plekanec-Gallagher
Byron-Desharnais-Shaw
Danault-Mitchell-Flynn

Beaulieu-Weber
Markov-Petry
Emelin-Pateryn

Price
Montoya

Done.

Spearmint Rhino

Sep 17, 2013
Byron-Desharnais-Shaw
Danault-Mitchell-Flynn

Beaulieu-Weber
Markov-Petry
Emelin-Pateryn

Price
Montoya

Done.

This except I'd like to see Byron on the 4th and Flynn as the spare, give Hudon a shot on the 3rd

Kraken Jokes

May 28, 2010
Too much Lek on the 1st line. Like the kid he is a gamer, but as a rookie playing his 1st season on NA ice don't you think its to much pressure? We can see offensively he has slowed down a bit already. Maybe its better for him to be in an easier role against easier competition rather than throwing him to the wolves right away?

No, I would say it's sheltering him more than anything and getting to play with two of our best forwards should be good for his confidence. We'd be rolling four lines, he's not on the PP, he won't be overplayed.

JuJu Mobb

Dec 9, 2009
Byron-Desharnais-Shaw
Danault-Mitchell-Flynn

Beaulieu-Weber
Markov-Petry
Emelin-Pateryn

Price
Montoya

Done.

I'd like to see Danault get a chance on the third line.

I'd swap Byron - Danault.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Pacioretty - Galchenyuk - Radulov

Beaulieu - Weber
Markov - Petry
Emelin - Pateryn

We clearly need an upgrade on LD. I'd really like to see Beaulieu flourish there but it's possible he doesn't possess the capacity to be a top pairing D.

ColinO

Jul 24, 2015

Beaulieu - Weber
Markov - Petry
Emelin - Pateryn

We clearly need an upgrade on LD. I'd really like to see Beaulieu flourish there but it's possible he doesn't possess the capacity to be a top pairing D.

I like the forward lines. A solution on LD may be:

Markov - Weber
Emelin/Beulieu - Petry
Beaulieu/Emelin - Pateryn

Don't play Markov on the PP - and he's not getting much of that now - and you keep Markov's minutes down.

Kraken Jokes

May 28, 2010
OK so what are the actual chances of MT putting Lehkonen with Radulov and Galchenyuk?

If he wants to keep Radulov and Galchenyuk together and they want Radulov on RW, then it's between Lehkonen and Byron till a better option comes along. Lehkonen has a better shot, Byron's a better passer.

Sh4ded

Jun 30, 2016
Lehkonen Galchenyuk Radulov
Pacioretty Desharnais Gallagher
Byron Plekanec Shaw
Daneault Mitchell Flynn

Emelin Weber
Markov Petry
Beaulieu Pateryn

Price

That's the real line up

Kraken Jokes

May 28, 2010

Beaulieu - Weber
Markov - Petry
Emelin - Pateryn

To me this is putting all your eggs in one basket. I mean, sure, Gallagher is an egg too but if Lehkonen and Plekanec weren't putting up 2nd line numbers with Radulov, there's no reason to think Gallagher would be the difference. And maybe I'm putting too much stock into this but that 3rd line is so small.

Last edited:

25th

Jul 11, 2009
Aylmer beach, Qc
Maybe not this week but soon, I'd like to see Ghetto and his skill set on a line with the to dogs. That 2nd line woud be a question mark but the 3rd & 4th are sound and dangerous.

Andrighetto - Galchenyuk - Radulov
Pacioretty - Desharnais - Gallagher
Lehkonen - Plekanec - Shaw

Beaulieu - Weber
Markov - Petry
Emelin - Pateryn

sandviper

No Ragrets
Jan 26, 2016
Toronto
Danault Mitchell Flynn

12 points on that line. I understand Byron was there to start, but still.

Mitchell is also leading goal scorer.

Great 4th line.

LastWordArmy

Sep 11, 2011
Canada
I like the forward lines. A solution on LD may be:

Markov - Weber
Emelin/Beulieu - Petry
Beaulieu/Emelin - Pateryn

Don't play Markov on the PP - and he's not getting much of that now - and you keep Markov's minutes down.

That first pair is Slow

Habernack

BookHockey
Feb 10, 2010
Toronto
Patch - Galch - Rads
Lehks - Pleks - Gally
Carr - Danault - Shaw
Byron - Mitch - Flynn

DD deservedly sits in the press box for a couple games.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Patch / Pleky / Gally
Lehkonen / Galchenyuk / Radulov
Danault / DD / Shaw
Byron / Mitchell / Flynn

Emelin / Weber
Markov / Petry
Beaulieu / Pateryn

Price