Line Combos: 2016-17 Team Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Devourers

Sep 20, 2013
Montreal
Yeah ok now... Pateryn is listed at 6'3" !

If you say he's just 6'0" then the only player over 6'0" on this team is Weber... Let's not exaggerate ...

I'm only 5'11" and I met McCarron and he was actually shorter than me :laugh: Sergachev was also only around 5'7" and DD was actually a little person irl :laugh:

Devourers

Sep 20, 2013
Montreal
When Prust was 6'2. He magically shrunk 2 inches.

http://ourhistory.canadiens.com/player/Brandon-Prust
http://www.japersrink.com/2012/4/27/2981327/get-to-know-a-ranger-brandon-prust

I also remember reading an article where players admitted that they lie about height.

For the record I believe you. I don't see Pateryn as 6'3" maybe 6'1". I also agree the numbers are clearly exaggerated, seeing as how some players seem to magically grow and shrink from year to year even when they're in their mid to late twenties.

But what I said about McCarron is the truth :sarcasm: he's maximum 5'10" I tell ya! :laugh:

TT1

May 31, 2013
Montreal
Someone should stalk every Habs player and measure their height. Let's get to the bottom of this, NO MORE LIES.

Andy

Jun 26, 2008
Montreal
For the record I believe you. I don't see Pateryn as 6'3" maybe 6'1". I also agree the numbers are clearly exaggerated, seeing as how some players seem to magically grow and shrink from year to year even when they're in their mid to late twenties.

But what I said about McCarron is the truth :sarcasm: he's maximum 5'10" I tell ya! :laugh:

Of course, it's just that some can't fathom the idea that players lie about their height. Simply giving an anecdotal story demonstrating that they do indeed lie.

Devourers

Sep 20, 2013
Montreal
Someone should stalk every Habs player and measure their height. Let's get to the bottom of this, NO MORE LIES.

There was already a recent thread where somebody did that. I believe it was asking about where the prospects will be staying? :laugh: Not creepy at all imo, everyone should've realized the posters true motive was to measure them.

Of course, it's just that some can't fathom the idea that players lie about their height. Simply giving an anecdotal story demonstrating that they do indeed lie.

Oh for sure some of them do. Prust is a perfect example. I wonder if there are times where the heights/weights are actually based on reality, aside from possibly the draft combine?

Le Barron de HF

Justin make me proud
Mar 12, 2008
Shawinigan
Unless players are above 6'1, they exagerate their heights 95% of the time, that's what I've always felt. It also depends on what player type they are. If they are a PMD, who cares if they are 6' or 6'1, for a guy like Pateryn, it makes a difference.

Belial

Oct 22, 2014
Montreal
Unless players are above 6'1, they exagerate their heights 95% of the time, that's what I've always felt. It also depends on what player type they are. If they are a PMD, who cares if they are 6' or 6'1, for a guy like Pateryn, it makes a difference.

It makes a difference? A difference for what exactly? For HF posters? WTF guys?

The game is played on ice, what's the point in exaggerating? It's not like they're going to get more money or something , it's just stupid ....

WhiskeySeven*

Expect the expected
Jun 17, 2007
It makes a difference? A difference for what exactly? For HF posters? WTF guys?

The game is played on ice, what's the point in exaggerating? It's not like they're going to get more money or something , it's just stupid ....
How are you not getting this.

People lie about things. They lie about their height, about their age, about how much money they earn, about places they've visited, about people they've been with, etc. People lie because they think it makes circumstances easier for them.

A hockey player can exaggerate their height so they aren't called a smurf and can be left alone, in the NBA Kevin Garnett reportedly listed his height as SHORTER than he really was, just so he could avoid being stereotyped as a centre. There are plenty of reasons to fudge the numbers. It's exhausting trying to explain basic things to you.

Belial

Oct 22, 2014
Montreal
How are you not getting this.

People lie about things. They lie about their height, about their age, about how much money they earn, about places they've visited, about people they've been with, etc. People lie because they think it makes circumstances easier for them.

A hockey player can exaggerate their height so they aren't called a smurf and can be left alone, in the NBA Kevin Garnett reportedly listed his height as SHORTER than he really was, just so he could avoid being stereotyped as a centre. There are plenty of reasons to fudge the numbers. It's exhausting trying to explain basic things to you.

We're not talking here about me and you.

It's a professional league, where athletes are getting measured to have a statistic.

As I already said , it's not like athletes decide by themselves what they want to weight and measure.

Weber didn't get bigger or taller since the trade.

Habernack

BookHockey
Feb 10, 2010
Toronto
DD to the rescue!

Patch - DD - Shaw
Lehks - Pleks - Rads
Byron - Galch - Gally
Flynn - Mitch - Danault

I'd be down to try....

Lehks - Galch - Rads
Patch - DD - Gally
Carr - Pleks - Shaw
Byron - Mitch - Danault

rockjngo

Oct 31, 2011
I think we still need a top 6 center and a top 4 LD. Here are some UFA names that could fit the team.

C:
Patrik Berglund
Martin Hanzal
Joe Thornton x

LD:
Brian Campbell x
Mark Streit

x probably not available as both Chicago and Sanjose are playoff teams.

Pacioretty-Galchenyuk-Gallagher
Byron-Plekanec-Radulov
Desharnais-Hanzal-Shaw
Danault-Mitchell-Flynn
Lehkonen

Streit-Weber
Markov-Petry
Beaulieu-Pateryn
Emelin

Price
Montoya

domiwroze

Nov 14, 2014
I think we still need a top 6 center and a top 4 LD. Here are some UFA names that could fit the team.

C:
Patrik Berglund
Martin Hanzal
Joe Thornton x

LD:
Brian Campbell x
Mark Streit

x probably not available as both Chicago and Sanjose are playoff teams.

Pacioretty-Galchenyuk-Gallagher
Byron-Plekanec-Radulov
Desharnais-Hanzal-Shaw
Danault-Mitchell-Flynn
Lehkonen

Streit-Weber
Markov-Petry
Beaulieu-Pateryn
Emelin

Price
Montoya

Streit? Dude ewww. Beaulieu, Markov and even Emelin fits better on our first pairing than Streit.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Patch / Chucky / Gally
Lehkonen / DD / Radulov
Danault / Pleky / Shaw
Byron / Mitchell / Flynn

Emelin / Weber * Starting to like it but need more time
Markov / Petry
Beaulieu / Pateryn

Price
Montoya

Last edited:

rockjngo

Oct 31, 2011
Patch / Chucky / Gally
Lehkonen / DD / Radulov
Danault / Pleky / Shaw
Byron / Mitchell / Flynn

Emelin / Weber * Starting to like it but need more time
Markov / Petry
Beaulieu / Pateryn

Price
Condon

Condon isn't on the team lol

DirtyMitts

Oct 1, 2016
Montréal, QC, Canada
Anyone thinks we could run the lines with three "offensive" duos, spreading the offense ? something like :

Lehkonen - Galchenyuk - Radulov
Pacioretty - Desharnais - Shaw
Byron - Plekanec - Gallagher
Danault - Mitchell - Flynn

Only thing I don't like is Plekanec - Gallagher, as it would pretty much cancel Gallagher's offensive contribution, so switching him up with Shaw could be an option, and then Byron - Plekanec - Shaw could be somewhat of a shutdown 3rd line as the three players are defensively responsible. Plus I believe Pacioretty - Desharnais - Gallagher has had some success in the past.

Kraken Jokes

May 28, 2010
Anyone thinks we could run the lines with three "offensive" duos, spreading the offense ? something like :

Only thing I don't like is Plekanec - Gallagher, as it would pretty much cancel Gallagher's offensive contribution, so switching him up with Shaw could be an option, and then Byron - Plekanec - Shaw could be somewhat of a shutdown 3rd line as the three players are defensively responsible. Plus I believe Pacioretty - Desharnais - Gallagher has had some success in the past.

You could switch Byron and Lehkonen as well. Maybe...

Byron - Galchenyuk - Radulov
Pacioretty - Desharnais - Gallagher
Lehkonen - Plekanec - Shaw

I'd likely switch Plekanec and Desharnais too, to be honest.

Kudo Shinichi

Apr 20, 2012

If we want to spread the offense, I would do this:

Lehkonen-Galchenyuk-Gallagher
Shaw - Plekanec - Radulov
Pacioretty - Desharnais - Carr
Byron - Mitchel - Danault

Galchenyuk-Gally, Patch-DD, Mitchel-Danault all have good chemestry
We havent really seen the shaw line yet, so i dunno if it will click

On defense:
Beaulieu-Weber
Markov-Petry
Emelin-Pateryn

Beaulieu-Weber is a better offensive pairing than with Emelin instead.
Emelin-Pateryn are a very physical pair and that should be very good in the playoffs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad