2016-17 Start/Sit Week 5

RedRenegade

Sep 16, 2008
Start Brady in the QB slot with his juicy Browns matchup or the #5 ranked Derek Carr against an equally juicy Chargers? I'm tempted to wait a week to see how Brady does but do I really need to, it's Tom Brady.

Pick a winner: Minnesota at home against Houston or Denver at home against Atlanta. We play a head coach spot in our league. The spread doesn't matter for fantasy, but as a deciding factor it's close for both games, 6.5 for the Vikings and 5.5 for the Broncos.

Thanks!

glasgow26

Jul 17, 2007
San Francisco
.5 PPR

Pick two RB:
Latavius Murray vs SD
Ryan Mathews @ DET
Duke Johnson Jr vs NE

Pick a TE:
Eric Ebron vs PHI
Gary Barnidge vs NE

Engebretson

Thank you, sweet rabbit
Nov 4, 2010
Minnesota
Pick 2 WR's (standard scoring)

D. Hopkins @ MIN
M. Jones vs PHI
J. Edelman @ CLE

After seeing the Vikings defense shut down OBJ and Shepard last week, I have doubts about Hopkins being a lock to start this week, especially after his 1 catch performance against Tennessee.

Basement Cat

Frank Drebin
Nov 3, 2008
Hoboken, NJ
Fair warning: I'm usually the one asking questions in this thread, but figured I'd give my thoughts:

Start Brady in the QB slot with his juicy Browns matchup or the #5 ranked Derek Carr against an equally juicy Chargers? I'm tempted to wait a week to see how Brady does but do I really need to, it's Tom Brady.

Pick a winner: Minnesota at home against Houston or Denver at home against Atlanta. We play a head coach spot in our league. The spread doesn't matter for fantasy, but as a deciding factor it's close for both games, 6.5 for the Vikings and 5.5 for the Broncos.

Thanks!

Would start Carr. He has the home matchup against a putrid defense. Brady is going to come back with a vengeance within the next few weeks, but give him a week to shake off the cobwebs. Not like you need to start the guy.

I'd go Denver, but think you can't go wrong.

Pick 2 ppr

Amari Cooper
Stefon Diggs
Terrelle Pryor

Cooper and Pryor

.5 PPR

Pick two RB:
Latavius Murray vs SD
Ryan Mathews @ DET
Duke Johnson Jr vs NE

Pick a TE:
Eric Ebron vs PHI
Gary Barnidge vs NE

Latavius Murray and Mathews

Ebron

Standard

Eddie Royal or Terrance West for FLEX?

West because Redskins run D is a joke.

Pick 2 WR's (standard scoring)

D. Hopkins @ MIN
M. Jones vs PHI
J. Edelman @ CLE

After seeing the Vikings defense shut down OBJ and Shepard last week, I have doubts about Hopkins being a lock to start this week, especially after his 1 catch performance against Tennessee.

This is a really tough one but I still start the first 2

Ermo20

Feb 29, 2016
South Carolina
I think Todd Gurley will finally have a good week. Anyone on the Patriots offense should be a solid start with them up against the Browns.

Some more:

QB:

Matthew Stafford (have him starting in place of Russell Wilson this week)
Ryan Tannehill (offensive line is healthy so maybe he'll have a good week)

WR:

Kelvin Benjamin
Amari Cooper

CHfan1

Apr 23, 2012
.5 PPR

Pick two RB:
Latavius Murray vs SD
Ryan Mathews @ DET
Duke Johnson Jr vs NE

Pick a TE:
Eric Ebron vs PHI
Gary Barnidge vs NE

Murray is doubtful this week.

Barnidge and Ebron are a toss up to me, I'd probably lean towards Barnidge.

CHfan1

Apr 23, 2012
I think Todd Gurley will finally have a good week. Anyone on the Patriots offense should be a solid start with them up against the Browns.

Some more:

QB:

Matthew Stafford (have him starting in place of Russell Wilson this week)
Ryan Tannehill (offensive line is healthy so maybe he'll have a good week)

WR:

Kelvin Benjamin
Amari Cooper

Stafford

Benjamin if Newton is going to play, if it is in question Cooper.

Maitz

Aug 3, 2006
Montreal
So...

I feel like I'm doomed or something, in 24h hours I got to drop Watkins White, got L.Murray Doubtful AND it's the bye week for Robinson my top WR and Kelce my top TE.

Can someone help me out please, I'm 5th on 12 and have to put a decent lineup this week. STANDARD League

QB : Luck-Wentz
WR : 2 of Dorsett, Floyd, Woods, Royal
RB : 2 of Miller-Coleman(might have less than 5 touches)-L.Murray(Doubtful)-Darkwa-Williams
TE : Witten
DEF : Denver
FLEX : 1 of the WR and RB

Last edited:

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
Standard

Start Fitz tonight with Stanton at QB? Or start Royal vs Indy?

Miller or Gronk? Even with Brady back, Gronk's injury scares me

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Pick 2 ppr

Amari Cooper
Stefon Diggs
Terrelle Pryor

Probably Cooper and Pryor.

Diggs' status needs to be watched because he has been bothered by a groin injury for the last two weeks. Last week he missed a practice and was limited in another one but still played. This week he has missed two practices.

Goose of Reason

El Zilcho
May 1, 2013
Same situation as the first poster, I have Brady and Carr. My gut is telling me Carr. However, my opponent has Gronk and Edelman (who he's unsure if he's starting). Is it a better strategy to get points when he does with Brady or to shoot for Carr's pure upside?

HF007

Sep 9, 2008
Ajayi or James white or Jalen Richard or Asiata or Alfred Morris or Josh Fergson or Rodgers on TB

lol basically down to one rb so need to pick up an FA for this week

HF007

Sep 9, 2008
Fuller vs Inman vs benjamin

starting 2 out of 3

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad