2016-17 San Antonio Rampage (AHL) and Colorado Eagles (ECHL)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Plain Sane

Aug 14, 2016
Will Rampage wait until their season is completely done before possibly sending some players to Eagles ?

Their only healthy scratch last night was a PTO from the Wheeling Nailers so until that changes no one can go down. Duncan & Rocco should be back after Sunday, perhaps Comphs and Lindy too.

St-Amant is injured but Belzile & Nantel are healthy for the moment. Those are the 3 guys I think will be sent to the Eagles, plus Hamonic when it becomes possible. Not sure that Boikov or Mason go there unless they're really short on Ds

AvsFan2123

Jan 21, 2014
Illinois
Does anyone else get the feeling Troy Bourke is getting Andrighetto'd pre trade? I just think he's never gotten an extended fair chance during his ELC, which is kind of s*****. I feel like he'd be a great complimentary player on the 2nd line. I'd try him there the rest of the year or bring him back next year and do it.

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
Does anyone else get the feeling Troy Bourke is getting Andrighetto'd pre trade? I just think he's never gotten an extended fair chance during his ELC, which is kind of s*****. I feel like he'd be a great complimentary player on the 2nd line. I'd try him there the rest of the year or bring him back next year and do it.

I don't think Bourke has done anything to deserve a shot over names like Greer/JTC/Grimaldi/Bourque/Everberg/Rendulic/Smith/Agozzino over the last 2 years. Andrighetto was a PPG+ AHL scorer and one of the most feared players in the league with the puck on his stick.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Grimaldi is the closest we come to having an Andrighetto...and Rocco's even tinier

I don't think Bourke was developed well but it is what it is at this point. I don't really expect him back.

I member reading about him, ROR & Dutchy tearing it up together in camp...

AvsFan2123

Jan 21, 2014
Illinois
Great comparison. I agree.

I didn't mean in the sense of player quality I meant situation. I feel like he wasn't really given a great shot. But I agree he's probably done here. On the other hand, I'd like Ranford and Girard back. Thought they were great additions and could be useful 2/3 line players.

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
I didn't mean in the sense of player quality I meant situation. I feel like he wasn't really given a great shot. But I agree he's probably done here. On the other hand, I'd like Ranford and Girard back. Thought they were great additions and could be useful 2/3 line players.

I know what you are saying, could he take off in another org that uses him better? I pretty much expect that from everyone who leaves here to some degree. But I think he's just had too many wasted years st this point.

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
I'm a bit suprised, honestly. Thought he'd need way more development than that before going pro.

I'm not sure he's even going to play. Most orgs bring in their prospects when they are done with their seasons to get a little more hands on development work. So they can see what the pro game is like. But considering the Rampage are Avs bad and they are bringing in ECHLers on PTOs to fill holes they could give him a few minutes of game action. He's definitely not AHL ready, I agree.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
Anderson needs work, but a few games would be good for him. He has the size, skating, and defensive ability to hold his own there.

McMetal

Writer of Wrongs
Sep 29, 2015
Very interesting. They must really like what they see in him. I'm kind of skeptical that he's ready for the AHL, but then again, I didn't have high hopes for Lindholm either when he came over. We'll just have to see.

Could he theoretically go back to Juniors for one more season if he needs it?

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
Very interesting. They must really like what they see in him. I'm kind of skeptical that he's ready for the AHL, but then again, I didn't have high hopes for Lindholm either when he came over. We'll just have to see.

Could he theoretically go back to Juniors for one more season if he needs it?

Yes of course. Just think of this like a visit. He's not even eligible to play in the AHL next year. Like I said, orgs just bring prospects in if their playoffs end early for a little development time or else they just go back home and sit around. Avs don't like to bring in many D+1 guys though so I agree that they must like him, even more if he gets in a game. Barron might have been in the running if he didn't have the concussion. I heard he's feeling much better tho.

Nihiliste

Feb 8, 2010
I know what you are saying, could he take off in another org that uses him better? I pretty much expect that from everyone who leaves here to some degree. But I think he's just had too many wasted years st this point.

Indeed. He didn't get the chance Blandisi did to get out of our system after junior and I think his development has been squandered. I hope for his sake he can do ok in another system but I suspect too many key years have been wasted.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad