Prospect Info: 2016-17 Prospects Thread (CHL, NCAA, Europe) Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
What's weird to me is that he has Mironov ahead of Meloche. It makes sense that he doesn't like Meloche, but Mironov? The hell?

He likes Mironov and said he has been a favourite of his for a few years.

He had positive things to say about Meloche as well but also feels as if he has stagnated and doesn't know if he has the high end hockey IQ to make the most of his tools.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
He likes Mironov and said he has been a favourite of his for a few years.

He had positive things to say about Meloche as well but also feels as if he has stagnated and doesn't know if he has the high end hockey IQ to make the most of his tools.

1ucuca.jpg

ABasin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2002
Well, if he's counting 2012 then it kinda has been. Both that one and 2014 were outright failures, even if Nantel and Lindholm pan out.

Yeah, I was going to say the same thing.

I think it's kind of hard to assess the success of the two most recent drafts at any point, if you're using NHL success as a meaningful criteria. I mean, there are a grand total of 4 players from the 2016 draft who were NHL regulars las season. Is every other team's 2016 draft a failure already? :laugh: Even if we go back one more year to the 2015 draft, there are only 3 or so non-1st round picks who are NHL regulars. Did every other team's post round 1 draft suck? I get that there are factors other than NHL success as barometers of draft success, especially if we'r looking at it in the very short term.

I think it would be much better to analyze a team's 5-out-of-their-last-7 drafts, not including the latest 2. Or 3 out of the last 5, not including the latest 2. Something like that. It takes away a lot of the hype and hyperbole, and the results are more clear.

Bottom line, just about any multi-year draft analysis of Colorado's draft performance between 2010 and 2014 is not likely to look very good.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Which is ironic, because his top 10 list is better than what our fanbase has chosen thus far and you guys know that I am far from being a Pronman fan.

He screwed up the top 2, has our third best prospect at #7, and has three guys who shouldn't be in the top 10 (Mironov, Lindholm, Smirnov). Our board voted Compher in too early and also made the mistake over rating Mironov; but no, our list is a lot more accurate than Pronman's.

You and your Makar-hate :laugh:

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
He screwed up the top 2, has our third best prospect at #7, and has three guys who shouldn't be in the top 10 (Mironov, Lindholm, Smirnov). Our board voted Compher in too early and also made the mistake over rating Mironov; but no, our list is a lot more accurate than Pronman's.

You and your Makar-hate :laugh:
I think you're miss understanding me; I don't have a problem with Makar going first even though I disagree with it. I more have a problem in how our fanbase is voting. They vote for Makar because he has the highest potential and then vote Bigras at 5th because he's NHL ready and have Cam "stone-age stick hands" Morrison over Martin (not only that, but Beaudin somehow falling to 9th is also hilarious).

It's the inconsistencies. I get it that people will vote for different reasons as some prefer potential, others like NHL readiness, and lastly a few like a combination of both. I also don't have a problem with that, but I see a lot of posters voting for one because he's shiny new toy, and then vote for a player because he's NHL ready. Again, I've been outspoken what I think of Pronman, I suggest he isn't as intelligent as people make him out to be. However, it makes no sense to me and I get more consistencies with Pronman's list even though I don't agree with all of it (like Mironov over Meloche).

E: You're going to be so surprised when Meloche becomes nothing more than a #4 defender.

Avsblitzkrieg

May 1, 2016
Westminster
I think you're miss understanding me; I don't have a problem with Makar going first even though I disagree with it. I more have a problem in how our fanbase is voting. They vote for Makar because he has the highest potential and then vote Bigras at 5th because he's NHL ready and have Cam "stone-age stick hands" Morrison over Martin (not only that, but Beaudin somehow falling to 9th is also hilarious).

It's the inconsistencies. I get it that people will vote for different reasons as some prefer potential, others like NHL readiness, and lastly a few like a combination of both. I also don't have a problem with that, but I see a lot of posters voting for one because he's shiny new toy, and then vote for a player because he's NHL ready. Again, I've been outspoken what I think of Pronman, I suggest he isn't as intelligent as people make him out to be. However, it makes no sense to me and I get more consistencies with Pronman's list even though I don't agree with all of it (like Mironov over Meloche).

E: You're going to be so surprised when Meloche becomes nothing more than a #4 defender.
I'd be happy if meloche turned out to be #4. With the development the abs have showed it's very possible he turns out that or lower. It seems they are becoming more patient with players. Except jost who I think needs another year. I just hope alot of these second rounders turnout to be NHL quality.

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
I'd be happy if meloche turned out to be #4. With the development the abs have showed it's very possible he turns out that or lower. It seems they are becoming more patient with players. Except jost who I think needs another year. I just hope alot of these second rounders turnout to be NHL quality.

It does make senses that abs would be important to a players development as an NHL player. ;)

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Mironov played 5 seasons in the KHL.

Trust me, I'm well aware. In those KHL seasons he showed that he has no where near the puck skills of Meloche. Mironov should be a good third pairing guy once he adapts to the small ice, but he has no top 4 potential. Whereas Meloche's top 4 potential is obvious.

McMetal

Writer of Wrongs
Sep 29, 2015
Trust me, I'm well aware. In those KHL seasons he showed that he has no where near the puck skills of Meloche. Mironov should be a good third pairing guy once he adapts to the small ice, but he has no top 4 potential. Whereas Meloche's top 4 potential is obvious.

I wouldn't say there's zero chance of top 4 play out of Mironov. Hjalmarsson-lite is a possibility at least, but I wouldn't call it a likely outcome by any stretch.

Meloche is a lot more versatile and has a much, much better chance to get there, though. I'm not sure he'll be known for his offense in the NHL, but it will be good enough to make him a solid top 4 player.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
I've argued with Henchy about Mironov's defensive instincts & intelligence enough times for it to be clear that I rate the kid. But the puck skills just aren't there to be a full time top 4 guy that your satisfied with. A third pairing guy who can step in next to a Barrie or Makar for a little bit and just hand the puck off? Sure, but not a full time top 4 guy.

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003
Eliteprospects has listed Shvyryov as being in KHL. What are the odds he's a full time KHL player rather than splitting time between MHL and KHL?

UncleRisto

Not Great, Bob!
Jul 7, 2012
Finland
Eliteprospects has listed Shvyryov as being in KHL. What are the odds he's a full time KHL player rather than splitting time between MHL and KHL?

Well, 15 forwards have already played before him so I'd say not too great.

On the other hand many players haven't done squat yet. Just three games in, but if he doesn't go down soon he ought to be getting a shot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad