Prospect Info: 2016-17 Prospects Thread (CHL, NCAA, Europe) Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

flyerslducks

Feb 15, 2017
what do you guys see in kyle wood? don't see him ranked anywhere in ur top 10's. put up solid numbers in ahl

flyerslducks

Feb 15, 2017
I know you are not trolling, but this is trolling :rant:

damn i didnt see that he was traded. Was wondering cus I was gunna draft him for fantasy if he was an av. Bummed, he probably won't play with the coyotes this year. Would ahve been a perfect fit here

Goulet17

May 22, 2003
If Kyle Wood was still with the Avs, would he be any higher than the Avs' 4th best RHD prospect at this time?

Until he makes even more strides improving his skating, I am not sure I would place him any higher now.

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
If Kyle Wood was still with the Avs, would he be any higher than the Avs' 4th best RHD prospect at this time?

Until he makes even more strides improving his skating, I am not sure I would place him any higher now.

If he was still with the Avs after being named AHL all-star and on the AHL all-rookie team people would probably rate him higher than Meloche.

But there's no good out of going down this path so let's stick to our own prospects.

StayAtHomeAv

May 20, 2014

He would be our top pair RHD in SA, so he would certainly have a good shot to prove himself this year.

boz

Jan 20, 2004
Dynamo lost Mironov's rights today. Just semantics but did the Avalanche pay the club compensation to release him only 2 months ago? I'm a bit murky about how the compensation process differs compared to the european leagues.

Especially since i was under the impression that Mironov didn't have any term left on his contract with Dynamo and so he couldn't buy out the remaining years.

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
Dynamo lost Mironov's rights today. Just semantics but did the Avalanche pay the club compensation to release him only 2 months ago? I'm a bit murky about how the compensation process differs compared to the european leagues.

Especially since i was under the impression that Mironov didn't have any term left on his contract with Dynamo and so he couldn't buy out the remaining years.

He signed an extension last year which turned his contract into a one way, he should have had one year left. I personally think that yeah it required money to get Mironov out of the contract but that will never be proven.

Goulet17

May 22, 2003
All valid points on Wood, I suppose that I am just really high on Meloche. I just think he will emerge as a true top-4 D-man for the Avs in the long run. As far as Makar, we all know the expectations (reasonable or not) for him. I also think Timmins may have been a steal as the first pick in the second round.

I may just be drinking the Kool-Aid.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
Wood would be slightly closer to the NHL, but he'd be behind Timmins and Meloche as a prospect to me (and people can go back and see how long I've been pumping Wood's tires). Wood is really intriguing and has massive offensive upside... there is still a lot of risk and ~1-2 more years of development needed.

Tommy Shelby

Feb 26, 2012
Wood would be slightly closer to the NHL, but he'd be behind Timmins and Meloche as a prospect to me (and people can go back and see how long I've been pumping Wood's tires). Wood is really intriguing and has massive offensive upside... there is still a lot of risk and ~1-2 more years of development needed.

I'd have him ranked behind Mironov as well.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Moving up from 21st to 20th in Pronman's ranking!

20 Colorado Avalanche
Previous rank: 21

Colorado usually tends to target players that aren't high-skill or upside types of talent, but they landed a 2017 draft class that seems to deviate from that trend. High-quality talents Tyson Jost and Cale Makar -- the club's first-rounders from the past two drafts -- salvage what has otherwise been a near disastrous past five years at the draft for the organization.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
How we're not comfortably top 10 on all rankings would baffle me if I had any expectation of National types to know s*** about our prospects.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Pronman just released his top 10 for each team.....

1. Tyson Jost
2. Cale Makar
3. J.T. Compher
4. Conor Timmins
5. A.J. Greer
6. Andrei Mironov
7. Nicolas Meloche
8. Nick Henry
9. Anton Lindholm
10. Denis Smirnov

Bigras is no longer considered a prospect because he played more than 25 games in one NHL season so that's why he's not included.

Also, Jost (#8) and Makar (#22) were the two Avs in his top 100.

Bubba Thudd

is getting banned
Jul 19, 2005
Avaland
68443743.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad