2016-17 PFHoF Inductee(s)

Sawdalite

SelectLouNolan4PFHoF
Apr 5, 2009
Frost-Bite Fails Minnesota
I ran one of these in 2014 and the since then Lindros, LeClair, Desjardins, Brind 'Amour and Jimmy Watson were inducted... all scored high in our last Poll... only significant Flyers Player who collected much support but has not yet been selected is Mark Recchi.

I'm again conducting the same poll... without, of course, those that were Inducted... and without Peter Luukko, for obvious reasons; feel free to select him as a write.

... It time for the next wave with the Nineties Players being selected, is it time for the Aughts Players beginning to also get the nods?... Is there yet some cleanup to be done on older players not yet selected?... OR... will there be some of both, since they are not limited to one selection. as has been the case recently.

Please select four players that you think should get selected -- four will allow players that are people's 'other than top' choices to get considered... with enough votes a solid yet less popular 'favorite' can steal it -- Please remember that it is not limited to players and also please check 'Other' if you have someone missed and tell us in a post.

I have included only those who have spent a good number of years with the Flyers so Forsberg and Roenick are not considered... and have not included more recent players like Briere or Knuble... but I did include Gagne.

I did not include Pelle Lindbergh for the same reason he has not had his number retired -- not my choice and not judging -- The circumstances of his death has put the Organization between a rock and a hard place... support 'don't drink and drive', and then honoring a lost brother who did... For that reason I personally don't see him inducted at this time.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
I'm cool if they hold off inducting people for a while now as they just had a run five guys get in within a short amount of time. I would say Reechi, Primeau, & Gagne are likely next due up though whenever they decide to do so.

Sawdalite

SelectLouNolan4PFHoF
Apr 5, 2009
I'm cool if they hold off inducting people for a while now as they just had a run five guys get in within a short amount of time. I would say Reechi, Primeau, & Gagne are likely next due up though whenever they decide to do so.

The Poll is up now... so you can vote... No Trump or Clinton to muddle up the ballot, BTW.

I hear you... But Recchi certainly deserves to be with the recent bunch, IMO.

... And of course, on this the 50TH Anniversary Season, Lou Nolan would be a perfect Inductee since he has been a loyal Flyers Employee since Season One.

DrinkFightFlyers

THE TORTURE NEVER STOPS
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2009
NJ
Not to say that I don't want others in there, but I said Bob Kelly, Mark Recchi, Keith Primeau, and Simon Gagne. Tochhet, Homer, Saleski, and Dupont are deserving too I think (Homer more just for being around so long, lifetime achievement award kind of thing).

JojoTheWhale

CORN BOY
May 22, 2008
Gagne
Recchi
Nolan

Tocchet

Primeau is a little short of games for a team HoF to me, but if you're purely a peak person, I understand the thought process.

Sawdalite

SelectLouNolan4PFHoF
Apr 5, 2009
We have to consider all of Homer's hats worn in the Organization ... ultimate results of each... Players, Head Coach, GM and Current President.

I would have to assume that he would eventually have to be recognized... if not while active, then when he retires. Like him or not, he's been a good and loyal soldier.

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
Gagne (deserves it)
Recchi (deserves it)
Per-Erik Eklund (just to get him some recognition in the poll)

... and Brad McCrimmon. I would really, really like to see him honored and remembered. Other than him, and Nolan, I wouldn't mind if they waited a while.

DrinkFightFlyers

THE TORTURE NEVER STOPS
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2009
NJ
Gagne
Recchi
Nolan

Tocchet

Primeau is a little short of games for a team HoF to me, but if you're purely a peak person, I understand the thought process.

The team HoF stuff to me is more for fan favorites and guys that shouldn't be forgotten. Number retirement is for the legends. Primeau is a Flyer legend to anyone that saw him play. He was here parts of six seasons and probably based on 2004 alone he should be up there.

Sawdalite

SelectLouNolan4PFHoF
Apr 5, 2009
It appears that votes on here do not count as a Posting... and they do not trip your Cookie, nor move the Thread up the Queue.

So please remember this as it falls and maybe moves to Page Two... Check it once in a while to see the votes trickle in. :)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad