GDT: 2016-17 NHL Playoffs Thread - III

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
I would be more excited about this power play if I didn't think it was the second coming of the Bruins' 2011 power play :laugh:

missingchicklet

Jan 24, 2010
WCF so much more entertaining than the ECF. I want the Preds to win but hope the series goes to 7 games for fun factor alone.

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
Preds still undefeated at home. Impressive especially given the road team record this year.

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
And Ryan "best defensive center in the NHL according to NBC" Kesler on the ice for both goals against. Sweet. :laugh:

bobbyorr04

Bruins fan 4ever
Sponsor
Apr 12, 2011
WCF so much more entertaining than the ECF. I want the Preds to win but hope the series goes to 7 games for fun factor alone.

Agree.

The Ducks/Preds series is very exciting compared to the other series (the difference is like night and day), but unfortunately we can't expect the Sens to change their style of play to become more entertaining for the fans.

Their 1-3-1 has served them well so far....but boy, is it ****ing boring to watch.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC

sure is, and the game last night was/is what I like to see in a 2-1 game, fast, up tempo, physical. I don`t care if the score is 6-5 or 2-1, just entertain me for gawd sakes, and I`ll stay up later than Mrs.Odaat let`s me to watch that series before I`ll do the same for the Sens series.

I`m rooting for the Sens to beat Pitt, but I just can`t watch that series

Terrier

Sep 30, 2003
Newton, MA
Visit site

You're so right. The environment in Nashville is terrific and, of course, heads are exploding in Montreal. To add, it would be great to see David Poile, a former player at NU and a Lester Patrick winner in 2001, finally get a ring.

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
You're so right. The environment in Nashville is terrific and, of course, heads are exploding in Montreal. To add, it would be great to see David Poile, a former player at NU and a Lester Patrick winner in 2001, finally get a ring.

Yep. How can you not be happy for a guy like this? :)

[Tweet]864676782905196544[/MEDIA]

Sharp Shooting Neely

May 30, 2007
Nova Scotia
Fascinating story from Scott Morrison of Sportsnet on the 1976 playoffs that reveals the very real kidnapping threat that hung over Guy Lafeur and his family on their run to the Stanley cup finals and eventual sweep of the Flyers in the final. Despite the obvious disdain for Bruins Fans with the dreaded Habs, this is far beyond any issues around rivalries. The reason for the threat and how Jean Belleveau was involved in handlng the fall out is very much the stuff of fiction novels.

http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/lafleur-opens-kidnap-plot-76/

Pia8988

May 26, 2014
Should be Piole. Subban trade was significantly better than falling into McDavid. Dont think either Chiarelli nor Dorian should be in the top 3

Sharp Shooting Neely

May 30, 2007
Nova Scotia
Well deserved win for the Preds and their rabit fans. Has been a terrific series especially in contrast to the excitement starved ECF.

Seems from comments on many sites that they have become the sentimental favorites for most who are not fans of the 3 other remaining teams. Would be great to see them get it done.

chizzler

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 11, 2006
Should be Piole. Subban trade was significantly better than falling into McDavid. Dont think either Chiarelli nor Dorian should be in the top 3

Chia gets lucky again and moves up to get McDavid. Poile has done way better with his moves. Risky trade last summer.

KnightofBoston

Mar 22, 2010
The Valley of Pioneers
Chia hasn't made a good hockey deal since wheeler for Peverley

Gm's should be primarily judged on their signings and trades, not draft picks. That's on the scouts and whether or not the team is godawful. Chia should be no means get credit for having a stock pile of top 5 drafted players

JOKER 192

Blow it up
Sponsor
Jun 14, 2010
Montreal,Canada
I have no idea what Chia has done to deserve a nomination. Basically inherited a team stocked with high 1st rounders and picks. Not sure that , that requires any skill.

TP

Global Moderator
Dec 2, 2008
Chia being nominated has me in a fit of rage. Good thing nobody's around to kick.

Fossy21

Nobel Prize Deke
Mar 14, 2013

Love when players from other teams in the city joins the fun. Mariota looks like the excited kid who got taken to the game by his crazy step-brothers/uncles.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->