Prospect Info: 2016-17 Flyers Prospects - Top 5 GOALIES, #3

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
This year we are splitting the polls into a top 20 for skaters, and a top 5 for goalies. This is the third poll for GOALIES.

1. Stolarz, Anthony (75%)
2. Sandstrom, Felix (43%)

Fedotov, Ivan
Hart, Carter
Lyon, Alex
Madsen, Merrick
Tomek, Matej

Garbage Goal

Apr 1, 2009
Hart. Has the best pure skill out of any our goalie prospects I think, has to since he doesn't have the size advantage. If all of these goalie were first year draft eligible in the same year Hart would be first, Sandstrom and Stolarz just have proven themselves at higher levels thus far is all.

tade

Mar 6, 2013
Brno, Czech Republic
Hart has to come as 3rd basically because of potential, which is pretty huge although I can see Lyon being great, too. Goalie like Lyon doesn't deserve to be 4th on our list, but it is an indication of how stacked our prospect pool is. He could be competing for 1st place on many teams.

I mean neither of our goalie is on bad development path, except maybe for Tomek who did not play for the whole season (but he has plenty of time, nothing major), so it's really tough.

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
I've heard a lot more about Hart since we drafted him than I have about Lyon since we signed him, so I feel like I know Hart better and I went with him. I am looking forward to hearing more about Lyon because he really feels like a wild card to me.

DrinkFightFlyers

THE TORTURE NEVER STOPS
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2009
NJ
Went with Madsen. He sounds like he could be the real deal. Hart probably has the highest ceiling left but he's too far off.

TheKingPin

Nov 16, 2005
Philadelphia, PA
Is sandstorm really our number two goalie? I though most were saying Lyon there, possibly Hart. Not knowledge enough to say either way, just slightly confused. Certainly a good thing to have a guy ahead of several players I thought were very good. I know Appleyard has watched Sandstrom a good bit.

Alex91

Sep 12, 2014
If Hart has a great WJC, then his stock will go through the roof.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Is sandstorm really our number two goalie? I though most were saying Lyon there, possibly Hart. Not knowledge enough to say either way, just slightly confused. Certainly a good thing to have a guy ahead of several players I thought were very good. I know Appleyard has watched Sandstrom a good bit.

I voted Hart for #2

Pretty impressive for a draft eligible goalie to be named CHL Goaltender of the Year.

Fire Tortorella

Formerly Flyersfan1406
Apr 2, 2010
PA

If Sandstrom came from the CHL, he'd have much more hype around him. Not a lot of people get to see him though, so I think he flies under the radar more than he should.

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
If Sandstrom came from the CHL, he'd have much more hype around him. Not a lot of people get to see him though, so I think he flies under the radar more than he should.

I think he would too....but not likely the CHL goals of the year. Hence why I went with Hart over him.

TheKingPin

Nov 16, 2005
Philadelphia, PA

Gotcha. Didn't know he is as good as he is. Pleasant surprise.

I recently read that Lyon had a top 10 college save percentage of all time. One of the main reasons he wanted to come here is mase and nuevy are UFA after this season. Flyers likely will have one, maybe two pro roles available. So he may be on of the most ready as well.

tade

Mar 6, 2013
Brno, Czech Republic
Gotcha. Didn't know he is as good as he is. Pleasant surprise.

I recently read that Lyon had a top 10 college save percentage of all time. One of the main reasons he wanted to come here is mase and nuevy are UFA after this season. Flyers likely will have one, maybe two pro roles available. So he may be on of the most ready as well.

Lyon already has a pro role on the Phantoms.

Les Averman

Mar 3, 2015
Pittsburgh, PA
I feel like Hart will be #1 in a year. If he was just 2" taller, the hype would be huge.

I'd agree with that. I haven't seen much of him live but in watching highlights, the lateral quickness, flexibility and reaction speed (most notably in his lower body) is incredible. His glove hand looks to be pretty good too, although I'm interested to see how he does on his blocker side high a bit more.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad