Weal, Jordan
Willcox, Reece
Vasiliev, Valeri

Last edited:

Hakroach

Veteran Presence
Jan 4, 2005
Helsinki
Went with Goulbourne thinking that he is the most likely to make the NHL (as a 4th liner but still...). But now I'm regretting and thinking that I should have voted for Lyubimov.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Frankly, I'm a bit surprised that people have Martel, who looks like a career AHL player over a number of guys on this list, but it does show how deep the system has become in just two years:

Alt, Mark
Dove-McFalls, Samuel
Laczynski, Tanner
Lyubimov, Roman
Straka, Petr
Twarynski, Carson
Willcox, Reece

Cyborg LeClair

Thank You Mr. Snider
Nov 18, 2011
Jurassic Park
I've seen Goulbourne knock out someone in the AHL with just one punch. He also has decent skill, smarts, and skating. I like his upside as a dependable 4th line sandpaper player.

Magua

Entirely Palatable Product
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
Frankly, I'm a bit surprised that people have Martel, who looks like a career AHL player over a number of guys on this list, but it does show how deep the system has become in just two years:

Alt, Mark
Dove-McFalls, Samuel
Laczynski, Tanner
Lyubimov, Roman
Straka, Petr
Twarynski, Carson
Willcox, Reece

I'm not sure why a 21 year old who just finished his first AHL season and was one of the better rookies in the league and led the Phantoms in scoring is already on pace to be a career AHL player. He really needs to improve his overall game, and he might just end up a career AHL player, but that declaration seems a tad premature. After one successful season, I think he gets a little more time before he's Jordan Weal 2.0 (who's 24 going 25).

You then say he shouldn't be listed over Alt (turning 25, all the trappings of a career AHL player), Straka (24, might not even be in NA after this season; again, all the trappings), Wilcox (might not even be a Phantom right now, tweener-AHL skillset). Lyubimov I don't think is a prospect and debate whether he should be on the list, so I've just glossed over him. And I don't think anyone views guys like DMF or Twarynski as anything special. 4th line/bottom 6 skillsets. Twarynski was just drafted too, and DMF is coming off a disappointing year. Laczynski I like the best of the rest and is my next vote. But he was just drafted on an overage season (technically, still young-ish for his class) in the USHL. A good year or two in college and he has the makings of a riser, but Martel just finished 6th in the AHL among rookie goal scorers on a crap team. He's just further along, as I see it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad