Straka, Petr
Twarynski, Carson
Weal, Jordan
Willcox, Reece
Vasiliev, Valeri

Last edited:

NetflixandPhil

May 7, 2016
Weal because all these guys are Longshots to ever play in the NHL. At least Weal is a spare part in the NHL.

Garbage Goal

Apr 1, 2009
I've been voting for Laczynski for several rounds now, but I like Hogberg and think he deserves top 20. I like him as a darkhorse late round pick.

Weal because all these guys are Longshots to ever play in the NHL. At least Weal is a spare part in the NHL.

Realistically, everyone after around 9 or 10 is a long-shot to be an NHL regular, let alone a good one.

Psuhockey

Nov 17, 2010
Just a hunch, but I think Reece Willcox will end up surprising a lot of people this season and will become a steady bottom pair defenseman for the Flyers down the road.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Just a hunch, but I think Reece Willcox will end up surprising a lot of people this season and will become a steady bottom pair defenseman for the Flyers down the road.

Too many more talented players to leap frog.

Provo
Sanheim
Morin
Myers
Hagg
Friedman

Are all better prospects. Ghost and Gudas are both still young.

Long shot indeed.

Stizzle

Feb 3, 2012
Im out of the loop on Hogberg. Whats makes him a good prospect over the other options?

Hextall said he was there sleeper pick and someone they felt was undervalued going into the draft. He played on a bad team in Sweden and was slightly off the radar. Hogberg was also the 2nd youngest player taken in the entire draft. An upside pick.

Cyborg LeClair

Thank You Mr. Snider
Nov 18, 2011
Jurassic Park
Hextall said he was there sleeper pick and someone they felt was undervalued going into the draft. He played on a bad team in Sweden and was slightly off the radar. Hogberg was also the 2nd youngest player taken in the entire draft. An upside pick.

Dont see what makes him a better prospect than a guy with 1 year of AHL under his belt and was second in CHL scoring before that. Or a former AHL playoffs MVP.

Martel and Weal are smaller guys but at least with Martel, he's got the speed to make up for his size.

Is Hextall calling him a sleeper pick and him being really young all it takes to vote him over players we've actually seen and seen do well?

I'd rank Goulbourne over him right now as well

Last edited:

Stizzle

Feb 3, 2012
Dont see what makes him a better prospect than a guy with 1 year of AHL under his belt and was second in CHL scoring before that. Or a former AHL playoffs MVP.

Martel and Weal are smaller guys but at least with Martel, he's got the speed to make up for his size.

Is Hextall calling him a sleeper pick and him being really young all it takes to vote him over players we've actually seen and seen do well?

Because they have limited upside.

Martel is 5'8 with a frame not optimal to put on weight. If I'm not mistaken, he was even getting scratched at times this year, on a Phantoms team desperate for scoring, because of defensive concerns.

As for Weal, he is 24 years old and looks like a career tweener. It's nice he won AHL playoff MVP, but we are voting on the best NHL prospect.

I'd much rather vote for a 17 year old kid with good size and skating, who is already getting ice time in the SHL, and has upside. He is someone you want in your cupboard.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014

Goulbourne has no upside as a prospect.

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
Martel is good folks! He could have helped the Flyers last year with speed and creativity alone. He shouldn't be this low :help:

I'm a pretty big Martel fan, but this is quite the exaggeration. He has some work to do to get into an NHL lineup.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad