2016-17 Fantasy Football Discussion Part II

Engebretson

Thank you, sweet rabbit
Nov 4, 2010
Minnesota
So, one of my leagues is thinking about adding a keeper next year and it sounds like there are mixed opinions on how that's done. I realize that there can be many different incarnations of the rule, but my understanding of it was this:

You draft player in Round X and decide to keep them, you lose your Round X pick in the next year's draft as compensation for keeping said player.

Isn't that what most keeper leagues do? Some in the league are trying to tell me that we should just pick a keeper and they will become your 1st round pick for the year, which I think is a really crap rule.

Any thoughts or insight on keeper leagues and rules that have worked in your prior drafts? Thanks in advance.

rangerssharks414

Mar 9, 2010
Long Island, NY
So, one of my leagues is thinking about adding a keeper next year and it sounds like there are mixed opinions on how that's done. I realize that there can be many different incarnations of the rule, but my understanding of it was this:

You draft player in Round X and decide to keep them, you lose your Round X pick in the next year's draft as compensation for keeping said player.

Isn't that what most keeper leagues do? Some in the league are trying to tell me that we should just pick a keeper and they will become your 1st round pick for the year, which I think is a really crap rule.

Any thoughts or insight on keeper leagues and rules that have worked in your prior drafts? Thanks in advance.

All of my "keeper leagues" are keep everyone leagues, so I really can't say from my point of view.

But from my understanding based on from what I've seen, you give up the round in which you took the player, with you giving up your last round pick if you added said player via free agency. Other leagues have a keep whoever with no penalty, but you can't keep the same player two years in a row.

I honestly think keep one leagues are a waste, but that's just my opinion.

Engebretson

Thank you, sweet rabbit
Nov 4, 2010
Minnesota
All of my "keeper leagues" are keep everyone leagues, so I really can't say from my point of view.

But from my understanding based on from what I've seen, you give up the round in which you took the player, with you giving up your last round pick if you added said player via free agency. Other leagues have a keep whoever with no penalty, but you can't keep the same player two years in a row.

I honestly think keep one leagues are a waste, but that's just my opinion.

Thanks for the info!

OilerPensfan97

Feb 27, 2014
Saint John, NB
Lost by 0.66 points to get eliminated.

Got totally screwed over by Wilson and Ingram. Matchup should not have been close.

Wish I had seen your post about Snead before the New Orleans game started, rangerssharks. You made the right call!

rangerssharks414

Mar 9, 2010
Long Island, NY
At the moment, I have Rivers, Inman and Tyrell Williams starting for a semifinal match. I am very uncomfortable with this, but injuries to Julio and Moncrief have forced my hand.

tacogeoff

Jul 18, 2011
Killarney, MB
Done Done and Done in my work league. Won the Regular season and got the bye to the semis.......in that time I lost M.Gordon, Bell had a 40+ pt game and J.Reed is looking like a bad start this week.................So I went with Jimmy G and Gurley who both busted for me on Thursday...have to say the season is probably over for me ha.

Other two leagues I should be ok...just lacking in the TE spot due to the Reed injury and Moncrief being out.

Good luck to all that has progressed so far.

Basement Cat

Frank Drebin
Nov 3, 2008
Hoboken, NJ
Need to vent real quick...was that Jay Ajayi performance serious last night???? ****

Dolphins nearly put up 40 and he gets 5 points! Two separate instances he had carries on the 1 yard line and couldn't punch it in. I am by no means out of it or even in a big hole, but cmonnnn. One TD would've been huge.

ShootIt

Nov 8, 2008
Ty Montgomery allowed me to go on. That and Freeman going off offset Carr and Brown no shows

My opponent also last second subbed out Cooks for Watkins. Ouch

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus
It looks like I'm only going to make one final out of my 13 leagues... :(

I'm going to advance in my most important league despite not taking your advice to start Jeffrey over Graham, which could have proved catastrophic.

Can make the final in another (missed playoffs in my third) if Cousins scores 22 tomorrow night.

Last edited:

rangerssharks414

Mar 9, 2010
Long Island, NY
If Kelvin Benjamin gets less than 16, I'll make the final in a second league. I forgot about that one.

And my brother made a fantasy league for some reason. I've been setting his lineup all year, and the one time he checks, he knocks me out of the playoffs. Unreal.

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
benched cooks and played the guy who owns freeman

and only managed to lose by 1 point. i hate fantasy football

Big Poppa Puck

HF's Villain
Dec 8, 2009
D-Boss' Dungeon
After being in first basically wire to wire in a league, my team decided to **** the bed yesterday sans Johnson and Nelson. They literally made up more than half of my points.

But it wouldn't have mattered anyway. My opponent had Brees and Zeke who both went off and still has Jackson left. At first I was kicking myself for starting Winston and Hill over Palmer and Landry, but it wouldn't have mattered anyway.

I'm also in the final 4 in another league and hold a 13 point lead with Reed and CAR's D left. Opponent has Newton and Crowder.

Zorf

Apparently I'm entitled?
Jan 4, 2008
I have made all of you proud and horrendously let all of you down at the same time.

I'm advancing to the finals (1st place in regular season) in one league and last night I came dead last in another league.

Oh, and at the last minute I benched Cooks for Jordan Matthews. Ya. So I'm an idiot. Lost because of that whopping 30 point swing.

I'm more annoyed with losing than I am with potentially winning.

What's funny is there's one other guy who is in both leagues with me. He's in the finals for the league that I came dead last in, and in the league where I am in the finals, he just barely finished 2nd last. Weird how that worked out.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->