Tickets: 2016-17 Fan-to-Fan Ticket Resales (Rules in OP)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Megustaelhockey

"I like hockey" in Spanish
Apr 29, 2011
We give users the opportunity to buy tickets from and sell tickets to other HF Rangers fans at the discretion of moderators and administrators. We think it's a great way to meet people, and it's always nice when we fill Madison Square Garden with those we know will really appreciate attending a game! Please keep the following guidelines in mind when posting individual game tickets for sale in this thread:
  • Be sure to list the section, row, and seat numbers of the tickets you're selling. You may also wish to include other information like "more leg room!" or "Rangers shoot twice!"
  • List your asking price and any shipping costs or seller fees if applicable. Site administration has reminded us that selling tickets for more than face value is not permitted by law in many jurisdictions, so it will not be allowed here. However, you can always sell below face value if you so desire or list tickets at face value and include reasonable charges (such as PayPal fees) that would otherwise come out of your pocket. You MUST list a price. Posts with no prices or that say "PM me for prices" will be deleted and violators subject to moderator action.
  • Making the sale of tickets or making the price of tickets contingent on the purchase of pre-season tickets or other items is strictly prohibited.
  • Remember to mark your post as SOLD once the tickets are sold.
  • Please don't over-post your tickets; we want to give everyone a chance to post tickets if they have them.
  • Anyone posting games for sale at face value or lower and then raising the prices to market value when prospective purchasers make contact via PM will be banned from the ticket resale thread and subject to additional moderator action up to and including a ban from the site.
  • We reserve the right to temporarily close or permanently terminate this thread if it becomes unmanageable or if the rules are being too frequently violated.
  • The rules are not negotiable, but any feedback you have must be submitted to [email protected].

Last edited:

GordonGecko

First Ping Pong Ball
Oct 28, 2010
New York City
2016-17 Rangers Fan-to-Fan Ticket Resales

10oqlpg.jpg

VEnYHRs.jpg

New York Rangers 2016-2017 Pre-Season Home Schedule

09/27 (TUE) 7:00 PM - New York Islanders
09/29 (THU) 7:00 PM - New Jersey Devils
10/06 (THU) 7:00 PM - Philadelphia Flyers

New York Rangers 2016-2017 Regular Season Schedule

OCTOBER 2016

10/13 (THU) 7:00 PM - New York Islanders
10/17 (MON) 7:00 PM - San Jose Sharks
10/19 (WED) 8:00 PM - Detroit Red Wings
10/23 (SUN) 7:00 PM - Arizona Coyotes
10/26 (WED) 8:00 PM - Boston Bruins
10/30 (SUN) 7:00 PM - Tampa Bay Lightning

NOVEMBER 2016

11/01 (TUE) 7:00 PM - St. Louis Blues
11/03 (THU) 7:00 PM - Edmonton Oilers
11/06 (SUN) 7:00 PM - Winnipeg Jets
11/08 (TUE) 7:00 PM - Vancouver Canucks
11/20 (SUN) 5:00 PM - Florida Panthers
11/23 (WED) 7:00 PM - Pittsburgh Penguins
11/27 (SUN) 7:00 PM - Ottawa Senators
11/29 (TUE) 7:00 PM - Carolina Hurricanes

DECEMBER 2016

12/03 (SAT) 1:00 PM - Carolina Hurricanes
12/11 (SUN) 7:00 PM - New Jersey Devils
12/13 (TUE) 7:00 PM - Chicago Blackhawks
12/18 (SUN) 7:30 PM - New Jersey Devils
12/23 (FRI) 7:00 PM - Minnesota Wild
12/27 (TUE) 7:00 PM - Ottawa Senators

JANUARY 2017

01/03 (TUE) 7:00 PM - Buffalo Sabres
01/13 (FRI) 7:00 PM - Toronto Maple Leafs
01/17 (TUE) 7:00 PM - Dallas Stars
01/23 (MON) 7:00 PM - Los Angeles Kings
01/25 (WED) 8:00 PM - Philadelphia Flyers
01/31 (TUE) 7:00 PM - Columbus Blue Jackets

FEBRUARY 2017

02/05 (SUN) 2:00 PM - Calgary Flames
02/07 (TUE) 7:00 PM - Anaheim Ducks
02/09 (THU) 7:00 PM - Nashville Predators
02/11 (SAT) 7:00 PM - Colorado Avalanche
02/19 (SUN) 12:30 PM - Washington Capitals
02/21 (TUE) 7:00 PM - Montreal Canadiens
02/26 (SUN) 5:00 PM - Columbus Blue Jackets
02/28 (TUE) 7:00 PM - Washington Capitals

MARCH 2017

03/04 (SAT) 7:00 PM - Montreal Canadiens
03/13 (MON) 7:00 PM - Tampa Bay Lightning
03/17 (FRI) 7:00 PM - Florida Panthers
03/22 (WED) 8:00 PM - New York Islanders
03/31 (FRI) 7:00 PM - Pittsburgh Penguins

APRIL 2017

04/02 (SUN) 7:30 PM - Philadelphia Flyers
04/09 (SUN) 7:00 PM - Pittsburgh Penguins

patnyrnyg

Sep 16, 2004
Yeah, you can try group sales. I know someone who bought 12 for a game last season. HOWEVER, they have quirky rules. For about 1/2 the games they will tell you you must buy an equal number of tickets to another game. So, if you want the weekend afternoon game against Washington in February, you may also have to buy the game against the Canucks or Oilers, as well. You MIGHT be able to work with them and instead of taking a 2nd game, take tickets to a kids show or circus or something like that, which would be cheaper.

But, I would definitely call them, worst they can tell you is they can't help you. Secondly, the tickets will be more expensive than STH price or any plan price. Probably close to the same as if not more than individual ticket price.

patnyrnyg

Sep 16, 2004
6 center ice bar stool seats for tonight vs the Sharks

The bar stool seats have their own counter tops for food and drinks and the seats are way more comfortable than the regular cramped seats in MSG

4 are together in sec 210 and 2 are in sec 212

Season ticket holder face $75/ea

Call or text best way to reach me

Jay 718-608-5112

If you haven't sat in the 200-level barstools, try them. You will not regret it.

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
Can someone explain to me the seating in the new garden? I've been there a couple of times since the renovation but have lived out of town for the last two years. I thought for some reason that they just got rid of the 300s but the 400s are still the nosebleeds but I looked at a seating chart and it seems like the 400s are just the nosebleeds not in the center and the higher 200s are now what the 400s used to be. It's harder to figure out if I'm getting a good deal or not if I don't know what the sections are. Thanks.

JimmyG89

May 1, 2010
Can someone explain to me the seating in the new garden? I've been there a couple of times since the renovation but have lived out of town for the last two years. I thought for some reason that they just got rid of the 300s but the 400s are still the nosebleeds but I looked at a seating chart and it seems like the 400s are just the nosebleeds not in the center and the higher 200s are now what the 400s used to be. It's harder to figure out if I'm getting a good deal or not if I don't know what the sections are. Thanks.

Worst seats in msg are the 400 back rows. Anything 3+ isn't worth while.

After that, the views are good. Upper 200s are up far, but not as far back as it used to be. Above row 17, you miss most of the scoreboard, but there are big screens on the back of the bridge.

The bridge hovers over the 200s level. Rows 1-3 match the 200s in terms of how far back they are, but are higher up, giving an overhead like view.

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
Worst seats in msg are the 400 back rows. Anything 3+ isn't worth while.

After that, the views are good. Upper 200s are up far, but not as far back as it used to be. Above row 17, you miss most of the scoreboard, but there are big screens on the back of the bridge.

The bridge hovers over the 200s level. Rows 1-3 match the 200s in terms of how far back they are, but are higher up, giving an overhead like view.

Thanks, I'm finding a lot of tickets in the 20+ range in the 200s that are decent deals. Are those the 300s of prior years or 400s at that point?

GordonGecko

First Ping Pong Ball
Oct 28, 2010
New York City
Thanks, I'm finding a lot of tickets in the 20+ range in the 200s that are decent deals. Are those the 300s of prior years or 400s at that point?

The 400 level that exists now is the same concrete decking that existed before (with different row lengths). What they did was add a roof level above it, which is the 300 level (has nothing to do with the old 300 level pre-renovation), also known as the balcony level or bridge level. Yes the 300's are HIGHER than the 400's but they are selling it as a premium level because the seats are slightly closer to the playing surface. That deck has also sandwiched in those 400 level seats so if you're in row 6 or 7 part of the net may be blocked

Megustaelhockey

"I like hockey" in Spanish
Apr 29, 2011
Please remember the rules as we routinely inspect the thread to make sure they are being followed.

Specifically, if you are selling, you must clearly list the game being sold, face value, and asking price (at or below face only). You cannot list one thing here and ask for a higher price via PM. If we are notified of that occurring, you'll be excluded from participating.

Thanks.

broadwayblue

Mar 4, 2004
NYC
This sounds like a great idea that I support but will in no way volunteer for. Maybe a google doc so everyone can add their own info?

Years ago I saw some website that you could post a map or similar and then people could pin their location. Can't for the life of me figure out where that was. Would definitely be cool to post a seating chart of MSG and have posters mark their locations.

cwede

Sep 1, 2010
... I have a pair in 206, face value $130 ...

this confuses me regularly here
my seasons, center red line, low row, in 224, have $103 printed on them,

is there a set SRP/list price, above seasons' price, for single game tix?

should we be asking GG to add a 'list price' a column to his chart?

sbjnyc

Jun 28, 2011
New York
this confuses me regularly here
my seasons, center red line, low row, in 224, have $103 printed on them,

is there a set SRP/list price, above seasons' price, for single game tix?

should we be asking GG to add a 'list price' a column to his chart?

Check the 1st post in the STH thread under partial plan.

sbjnyc

Jun 28, 2011
New York
It's getting super confusing. The full season prices there are accurate for people who had had accounts for at least 2 years. And the partial plan prices are accurate from when they first went on sale this offseason. But they are charging more for new accounts and possibly changing the prices as they go along for partial plans, and they are adding a few bucks for Aisle seats. (http://hfboards.mandatory.com/showthread.php?t=2126921)

But the guy giacomin1 who posted in Section 206 has row 2 gallery seats on the end which are $103 for full season and $130 for partials. His $130 is accurate. Someone who bought those seats on ticketmaster could have paid something completely different

But your seats in 224 don't make any sense to me. Center 200's rows 3 through 14 should be $122 full season & $149 partial

Exactly. There's no such thing as "face" value anymore which is why I think the 1st post in the thread needs to be rewritten but I'm not going to argue it anymore. I just won't list my tickets here.

broadwayblue

Mar 4, 2004
NYC
Exactly. There's no such thing as "face" value anymore which is why I think the 1st post in the thread needs to be rewritten but I'm not going to argue it anymore. I just won't list my tickets here.

Yeah, good point. The same ticket now runs a wide range of prices. Not sure how we are really supposed to know what "face" even means any more.

NYRFAN218

King
May 2, 2007
New York, NY
It's a good point but I don't know what the Mods can do about.

Nothing you can do. The face value thing is above the mods. I've voiced my displeasure about it a few times but I have a feeling it's either a "take the person posting the tickets at their word about their face" type deal or there's no thread at all unfortunately. I'd rather there be no rules about face in general but that doesn't appear to be an option.

sbjnyc

Jun 28, 2011
New York
It's a good point but I don't know what the Mods can do about.

It's not so much about changing the policy (it is what it is) but clarifying it so you know what's OK and what isn't. If the rule is that you can't ask for more than what you paid (what I think it is) then the policy should say exactly that. If the rule is something else then the policy needs to specify what that rule is. We should not be asked to interpret a badly worded policy.

Nash Money

Sponsor
Jul 15, 2012
Yeah, good point. The same ticket now runs a wide range of prices. Not sure how we are really supposed to know what "face" even means any more.

Basically I think the point of "face" here is what's printed on the ticket (plus any fees from the direct seller, ie the rangers or ticketmaster). I think they're worried about sellers making a profit here, which I guess is not legal in certain jurisdictions, and it's easier to have a blanket policy across all of hf than to try and enforce it on a case by case basis.

sbjnyc

Jun 28, 2011
New York
Basically I think the point of "face" here is what's printed on the ticket (plus any fees from the direct seller, ie the rangers or ticketmaster). I think they're worried about sellers making a profit here, which I guess is not legal in certain jurisdictions, and it's easier to have a blanket policy across all of hf than to try and enforce it on a case by case basis.

If you buy an electronic ticket on stubhub, the price printed on the ticket will be the amount the seller paid, not what you paid. So what is "face" value?

It may seem like an extreme situation but it happens fairly regularly.

superyan

Aug 13, 2013
If that doesn't tell you how messed up the new pricing structure is nothing will.

It's not structure as much as it is the plan.

Every seat can be full STH, half STH, mini plan, box office....and double that for new and old business... add to that the premium for aisle seats.

NYRJules

Dec 2, 2011
NY
Anyone looking to get rid of tix last minute when they can't make home games: Ping me, I'm your guy.

Dgill

Jun 3, 2008
Halifax
www.metroho.com
Hi Everyone,

My girlfriend and I are travelling down to New York in April to visit your city. I'm quite excited as this will be my first time being in NYC and being a die-hard hockey fan I want to hit up a Ranger's game/MSG. We will be in town for the April 9th game against the Penguins. I realize this is the last game of the season and last home game against a rival team so tickets won't exactly be cheap. However I've been to games in Montreal, Toronto, and Boston so I am fine with paying face value prices.

Thanks in advance for any pointers/suggestions. Hope to get to a game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad