2015 World Championship: Interviews with Sweden forwards Jacob Josefson and Anton Lan

HF Article

Nov 16, 2005
jacob_josefson_sweden_050115.jpg
Photo: New Jersey Devils forward Jacob Josefson netted two goals and added two assists in eight games for Sweden at the 2015 IIHF World Championship (courtesy of Xavier Laine/Getty Images)

</p>Jacob Josefson is coming off his first full season with the New Jersey Devils, who drafted him in the first round of the 2009 NHL Draft, although he had seen time in the previous four seasons. With just 11 points and a zero rating in 62 games, it’s felt that Josefson is showing himself to more likely be a lower-line player for the time being, and that was been the case at the 2015 IIHF World Championship.… read more

The post 2015 World Championship: Interviews with Sweden forwards Jacob Josefson and Anton Lander appeared first on Hockey's Future.

More...

DenisSamson3

Sep 13, 2007
Great article. I don't know how much attention it will get here though. Josefson played well from the games I have watched him in.

DenisSamson3

Sep 13, 2007
I have renewed hope in JJ. I think he can be salvaged and be grow into a good forward for us.

Voracek did admit a lot of the play in the tournament is about transition. The NHL has a lot more board play and he mentioned how some players play differently in both settings. The battles along the boards could have a different effect on Josefson and his confidence than what we saw internationally.. Here's to a great year for him.

Unknown Caller

Apr 30, 2009
Voracek did admit a lot of the play in the tournament is about transition. The NHL has a lot more board play and he mentioned how some players play differently in both settings. The battles along the boards could have a different effect on Josefson and his confidence than what we saw internationally.. Here's to a great year for him.

Probably a good thing in this case, because one of his strengths is along the boards. He needs to improve his play in transition, so I'll take that as even more of a positive.

billingtons ghost

Nov 29, 2010
Arturs Gavrus had a good tourney too...

Is he just too small to cut it, or will he just stay in the KHL?

There was never a time where it seemed like he had a legit shot at making the NHL.

Anyone have an idea on this kid?

HBK27

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2005
Northern NJ

There was never a time where it seemed like he had a legit shot at making the NHL.

I don't know too much about him, but according to the article below he hasn't shown much promise since being drafted and is injury prone.

Maybe with the good tournament the Devils give him a look at prospects camp this year and go from there. Not sure how much longer the Devils have to sign him to an ELC or lose his rights.

http://pucksandpitchforks.com/2015/05/08/artur-gavrus-leads-belarus-past-usa/

DenisSamson3

Sep 13, 2007
I don't know too much about him, but according to the article below he hasn't shown much promise since being drafted and is injury prone.

Maybe with the good tournament the Devils give him a look at prospects camp this year and go from there. Not sure how much longer the Devils have to sign him to an ELC or lose his rights.

http://pucksandpitchforks.com/2015/05/08/artur-gavrus-leads-belarus-past-usa/

Kaspars Daugaviņš impressed me the most this tournament. That guy played unbelievable. Also who is DARZINS Lauris. He was a linemate of Daugavins. Ended up racking up a lot of points together as a tandem.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E

6th round pick. Very pedistrian KHL numbers but for some reason he shows up when he plays in international tournaments.

Wouldn't expect much but never know.

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
JJ is a likable guy who is easy to root on.

I've been tough on Conte for picking him ahead of Johansson.

But, the no show job Johansson turned in vs the Rags made me rethink my skepticism.

MadDevil

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2007
Bismarck, ND
The part that struck me was the "coming off his first full season" line. It really was the first time he's been able to avoid injury and get into the lineup for at least 60 games. Hopefully he keeps building on what he did last year and the WHC.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
The part that struck me was the "coming off his first full season" line. It really was the first time he's been able to avoid injury and get into the lineup for at least 60 games. Hopefully he keeps building on what he did last year and the WHC.

This is extremely true. This was his season high in games and you could see the more he played the better he got.

Injury and Pete ******** hurt his development but he is still young so it's not to late.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad