2015 WHL Summer/Offseason Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Daximus

Wow, what a terrific audience.
Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
Does anyone have resources of WHL teams current rosters and some of the top players coming into this upcoming season? Looking for some form of depth charts if any exist.

phillipsj89

Jan 9, 2012
Canada
Does anyone have resources of WHL teams current rosters and some of the top players coming into this upcoming season? Looking for some form of depth charts if any exist.

That is a tough one. Not a whole lot out there. I know i created my own for the Cougars.

Maybe combine with http://smallatlarge.blogspot.ca/2015/08/prospects-posts-en-route.html and the WHL's current rosters?

I know RS did line combos last year, but he got a job with the Blades this year, so his combos won't be coming.

Daximus

Wow, what a terrific audience.
Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
Are the lines something we could put together on Hf Boards? I think we must have a fan from every team if not close to it that should know.

Juniorhockeyguru

Nov 18, 2012
Are the lines something we could put together on Hf Boards? I think we must have a fan from every team if not close to it that should know.

I can do one for the Blazers.

Collin Shirley-Matt Needham-Devin Sideroff

Jake Kryski-Matt Revel-Quinn Benjafeld

Jesse Zharichuk-Nick Chyzowski-Matthew Campese

Erik Miller-Garrett Pilon-Spencer Bast-Phil Knies ?

Marc McNulty-Dawson Davidson

Ryan Rehill-Ondrej Vala

Patrick Maier-Nolan Kneen

Connor McDonald

Connor Ingram

Cole Kehler

phillipsj89

Jan 9, 2012
Canada
I have one done for the Cougars. This is of course, just my opinion. With Connolly going to UBC, that opens up a spot on the back end, likely for Collins. Max Martin will likely play 1/2 time this year.

I had forgotten Macklin, who I have added now. Also, Almeida needs to be in an offensive role, I wouldn't be surprised to see him play wing, maybe in place of Bison.

Witala Harkins Gabrielle
Bison Morrison Bethune
Mcauley Mcdonald Obrien
Macklin Almeida Mrkonjic

Boyd

Ruopp Anderson
Olson Collins
Carvalho Zorko
Martin

Edmonds
Grant

Last edited:

dechire

TBL Stanley Cup Champs 2020 2021
Jul 8, 2014
inconnu
Nobody is watching camps? So quiet in here.

Pretty happy with the Chiefs camp. Looks like Helewka and Fram might be sticking around as overagers which is a relief since replacing them would be difficult. I wasn't too impressed with Anderson-Dolan at the close of the season but he looked really good in camp and could be a rookie to watch this year(2018 draft). Yamamoto looked solid. Still not sure what the center situation will be since the previous top 2 centers graduated but hopefully the pre-season games will clear that up. Overall it was a good camp and there's some new guys that look promising too.

Also he's not eligible to play this year but after hearing what people said here about Ty Smith I was really excited to check him out and he didn't disappoint. I was most impressed with his skating. Definitely excited to see him on the roster next year.

arsmaster*

Pretty happy with the Chiefs camp. Looks like Helewka and Fram might be sticking around as overagers which is a relief since replacing them would be difficult. I wasn't too impressed with Anderson-Dolan at the close of the season but he looked really good in camp and could be a rookie to watch this year(2018 draft). Yamamoto looked solid. Still not sure what the center situation will be since the previous top 2 centers graduated but hopefully the pre-season games will clear that up. Overall it was a good camp and there's some new guys that look promising too.

Also he's not eligible to play this year but after hearing what people said here about Ty Smith I was really excited to check him out and he didn't disappoint. I was most impressed with his skating. Definitely excited to see him on the roster next year.

Anderson-Dolan was one of the strongest players on the ice at the u17 camp this summer. Really impressed with him.

Looks like you got a good one.

Andy Dufresne

Jun 17, 2009

http://smallatlarge.blogspot.ca/2014/08/depth-charts.html

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1HMZ6i6d__A9fZBFk5WwAFW07s8xtHwOYxsyj5tSXqSE/edit?pli=1#gid=0

Not sure how often he updates that spreadsheet. He added a player Kamloops signed a week ago, but not the one they signed 2 days ago. So fairly often at least.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Ryan Pilon is quitting hockey.

Pretty big hole for Wheat Kings, but not an insufferable one, especially if Clague steps up.

MBJets

Dec 22, 2003
Visit site
Ryan Pilon is quitting hockey.

Pretty big hole for Wheat Kings, but not an insufferable one, especially if Clague steps up.

Hello WHL GM's the next time your phone rings it will most likely be Kelly McCrimmon calling checking of availability of defensemen. The Wheat Kings have the assets to make a deal for a solid 19 year old d-man

phillipsj89

Jan 9, 2012
Canada
Hello WHL GM's the next time your phone rings it will most likely be Kelly McCrimmon calling checking of availability of defensemen. The Wheat Kings have the assets to make a deal for a solid 19 year old d-man

Hicketts to Brandon.

Also, for the first time, in a long time, the Cougars have a GOOD problem. 7 of their players will be off to NHL training camps this week, leaving the younger players to battle it out in preseason.

Now that i'm back from vacation, can't wait to get things started.

Joe Hallenback

Mar 4, 2005
I think they guy that Brandon wants to add is Carlo from Tri-city. They really need to inject some size into their lineup

Greasy Sliders

Jun 29, 2012
I have one done for the Cougars. This is of course, just my opinion. With Connolly going to UBC, that opens up a spot on the back end, likely for Collins. Max Martin will likely play 1/2 time this year.

I had forgotten Macklin, who I have added now. Also, Almeida needs to be in an offensive role, I wouldn't be surprised to see him play wing, maybe in place of Bison.

Witala Harkins Gabrielle
Bison Morrison Bethune
Mcauley Mcdonald Obrien
Macklin Almeida Mrkonjic

Boyd

Ruopp Anderson
Olson Collins
Carvalho Zorko
Martin

Edmonds
Grant

Who do you think will be the other defenseman? Or maybe two more?

phillipsj89

Jan 9, 2012
Canada
Who do you think will be the other defenseman? Or maybe two more?

As pre-season has continued it looks like the Cougars really like a couple new players. Riley Mohr and Peter Kope. If I was to re-write my lineup it would look something like this. These are always tough (especially since the entire pre-season has been on the road so far.)

Witala Harkins Gabrielle
Bison Morrison Bethune
Mcauley Mcdonald Obrien
Goberis Almeida Mrkonjic

Ross

Ruopp Anderson
Olson Collins
Carvalho Zorko

Martin/Kope/Mohr

Edmonds
Shields

MBJets

Dec 22, 2003
Visit site
Good shout, I could see that happening, especially with TC not likely to contend in the US div.

Carlo is exactly what the Wheat Kings need. They have a lot of very good small forwards and to have a big steady defensemen would be a big benefit. The have a very strong group of 15 & 16 year old players and all their bantam draft picks.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
I think they guy that Brandon wants to add is Carlo from Tri-city. They really need to inject some size into their lineup
Good shout, I could see that happening, especially with TC not likely to contend in the US div.
It really depends. If they are banking on Carlo who will give them two legitimate years of WHL left, he is most certainly staying. They have a young team to build on, not trade away. If it is one year, he's probably going to go, but the demand they would want for him would be a lot. Maybe not someone like Clague nor Mattheos, but if a team is willing to destroy their future for 30 games of Brayden Schenn (not naming team names here :sarcasm:). Think about a team desperately wanting to take that next step for a realistic Memorial Cup run, which the Wheat Kings are capable of.

Also I was looking at some of the rosters sheets on paper and Spokane is looking like they should have a really good this team. Depends on who the Winterhawks get back, but should definitely challenge them this year.

Last edited:

Joe Hallenback

Mar 4, 2005
Carlo is a 96 born, he has 1 year left and if he did come back it would be as an overager. I doubt that happens considering he is a 2nd round pick

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Carlo is a 96 born, he has 1 year left and if he did come back it would be as an overager. I doubt that happens considering he is a 2nd round pick

Yeah, I would also be surprised if he stayed both years, but crazier things have happened, especially a player as raw as Carlo is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->