Blue Jays GDT: (2015 v34) Next: @ NYY| Fri, Sept 11| 7pm ET/4pm PT | Price vs Servino

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eyedea

The Legend Continues
Jan 29, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
Always gotta have mediocrity like Braden, Humber, and now potentially Lewis sprinkled into the perfect game list.

(I'll add that Braden's was nice though with the whole narrative)

TF97

Jul 4, 2010
Halifax, NS
Always gotta have mediocrity like Braden, Humber, and now potentially Lewis sprinkled into the perfect game list.

(I'll add that Braden's was nice though with the whole narrative)

Then guys like Brandon Barnes who have hit for the cycle

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
It's hard to comment on this stuff because the commercials are not the same across all networks, but that Downey commercial with the joggers is hilariously creepy. Random woman has a bunch of guys smell her clothes on the side of a secluded mountain road? If the ad spot ran just 5 seconds longer we might see the cops jump out of the bushes, hit the guys with tasers and arrest them.

Loosie

The Eternal Optimist
Jun 14, 2011
Kitchener, Ontario
we gave up runs? Yankees closing the gap?

giphy.gif

Acoustic

Sep 29, 2014
Yeah, if you want to keep the pitch count down, it's obviously better to get a bunch of fortunate 1 or 2-pitch ground outs or fly-balls.

Do you really think a good game plan is to strike out 27 batters and getting a ground ball or fly ball out is just mere luck? :laugh::laugh:

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
Do you really think a good game plan is to strike out 27 batters and getting a ground ball or fly ball out is just mere luck? :laugh::laugh:

I don't think that's what he's saying at all. But the surest way to get an out is via strikeout. Any ball hit into play has a chance to land for a hit. So the more times the ball gets hit into play, the greater the chance that at least one of them will drop fair and break up the no-hitter/perfect game. So to get as far as Lewis has without a hit and while only finishing off 2 batters on his own, he's walking an ever more dangerous tightrope.

I would be interested in seeing what the history of no-hitters/perfect games is in terms of the fewest strikeouts recorded in the process.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad