2015 Senators Official Tank Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Savitar

AKA Jose
Jan 15, 2013
We don't have one of these yet, so we might as well start one for ourselves. And honestly I just don't know what to say. This team is playing with no identity, inconsistencies, poor player performances with a few exceptions, A coach already fired, lack of hustle, team effort and so forth. It's time to Embace who we really are. We ARE NOT going to MAKE the playoffs this season. So now it's time to focus on the future and restock the cupboards. We don't have a 3rd This year or a 6th Round pick appreciably. So let's take a short term loss for a long term gain. Are we going to draft 1st? Probably not! Edmonton and Buffalo are bad with Carolina picking up the slack with Skinner and Jordan Staal back. And this is the DEEPEST drafts in the last 10-12 years. We won't get into the McEichel sweepstakes unless we totally collapse which won't luckily happen, But we can still settle for a future game changing player and get a player like Lawson Crouse, Oliver Klington, Zach Werenski, Pavel Zacha and who knows maybe even a Marner or a Strome.

Let's embrace where we are and look to the future and give the likes of Lazar, Stone, Hoffman development time, recall Prince and Puempel and trade the likes of Anderson, Legwand, Michalek, and Methot and build through the youth ranks.

2015 is a deep draft, we don't need to rebuild but a roster shakeup might need to be looked at in the offseason

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
Micklebot did bring up a great point

We aren't going to out-suck Carolina, Edmonton, Buffalo or Arizona; it just isn't going to happen considering their head start

Sens Mile

Sep 1, 2008

We aren't going to out-suck Carolina, Edmonton, Buffalo or Arizona; it just isn't going to happen considering their head start

All I care about is we sell on Condra, Legwand, Phillips, and Methot if we cannot retain them. More draft picks into our system and improve our base

Savitar

AKA Jose
Jan 15, 2013
Are you suggesting we aren't going all da way this year?

Please don't be silly, we all know we aren't catching Boston and New York, we are 10 points out of a playoff spot with less than half a season to go. Let's accept who we are

Filatov2Kovalev2Bonk

Effortless sexy.
Jul 13, 2006
Cumberland

Maybe Murray can pull a Sam Pollock and trade Anderson for Scrivens. We get immediately worse and they get good enough to fall out of the top spot. Even JUST trading Anderson/Philllips/Neil (any combination of the three) might be a large enough shock that the team loses 5-6 games in a row. If Senators lose enough points to Buffalo...

starling

Nov 7, 2010
Ottawa
This is just stupid.
Anderson, Methot won't get you 1st rounder.
Greening, Michalek, Legwand won't get you even 3rd rounder and moving them will only make us better and will not help the tank.
Only moving Anderson will help in tank but it will basically leave a giant question mark in goal for the future.

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
All I care about is we sell on Condra, Legwand, Phillips, and Methot if we cannot retain them. More draft picks into our system and improve our base

You can still do that without tanking

This team needs to stop sucking so much god damn ****, that's how you get better since we aren't getting McDavid or Eichel

Senscore

Let's keep it cold
Nov 19, 2012
Please don't be silly, we all know we aren't catching Boston and New York, we are 10 points out of a playoff spot with less than half a season to go. Let's accept who we are

Oh believe me I accept it. As per Mendes' article today, team management, and by extension, a large group of fans, need to take a long sobering look at just what this team is comprised of.

Because when managements starts to believe the crap they are shoveling out, then we have a real big problem.

Savitar

AKA Jose
Jan 15, 2013
This is just stupid.
Greening, Michalek, Legwand won't get you even 3rd rounder.
Only moving Anderson will help in tank but it will basically leave a giant question mark in goal for the future.
Getting rid of all other passengers will only make us better.

Who cares if they can't get us a 1st, they can go us 2nd and 3rd Round Picks and that helps, if we get another 2nd we will have three and we don't even have a 3rd so acquiring one will help. Michalek and Legwand can get us maybe a 3rd if we get lucky but a 4th forsure so definitely stock up. This draft is so deep, there is talent in the first 3 Rounds are full of talent so get as many picks as possible. And knowing Murray we can find talent in the later rounds. Look at last season, we got Francis Perron in the 7th Round

Sens Mile

Sep 1, 2008
You can still do that without tanking

This team needs to stop sucking so much god damn ****, that's how you get better since we aren't getting McDavid or Eichel

Are you suggesting we dont move those guys for picks? Or that the prospects we call up are comparable?

Binghamton is not that strong, we are not in the playoffs, we need to refill the system

Sens Mile

Sep 1, 2008
This is just stupid.
Greening, Michalek, Legwand won't get you even 3rd rounder and moving them will only make us better and will not help the tank.

Anderson will get us far more than a 1st

Savitar

AKA Jose
Jan 15, 2013
Are you suggesting we dont move those guys for picks? Or that the prospects we call up are comparable?

Binghamton is not that strong, we are not in the playoffs, we need to refill the system

Yes, not drafting Nick Richie last season and deciding not to draft Brayden Point and instead drafting Gendron still gives me cramps.

Scrub*

Team Canada
Dec 28, 2008
Trade Michalek, Legwand, Phillips,Neil for picks.

If you can get a late 1st or 2nd round pick for Lehner, take it.

Savitar

AKA Jose
Jan 15, 2013
Trade Michalek, Legwand, Phillips,Neil for picks.

If you cn get a first or 2nd round pick for Lehner, take it.

Ya if Lehner could get us a 2nd I would trade him, Hogberg seems like the future now, but i would trade Anderson before I would trade Lehner, Lehner deserves a full training camp as the teams #1, of he stumbles next season than give up on him

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad