OT: 2015 Redskins Part V: Code Burgundy (3-4)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
Going into tonight I had a 19 point lead on my opponent in fantasy. He had Seattle's D, Stafford, and Graham. I had Lockett. To win, I needed Detroit to put up points with no involvement from Stafford while Lockett needed to cancel any gain out, and I needed Graham to do nothing. I figured I was toast. So, it came down to that last Detroit possession. I was ahead by 5 points. Stafford connecting with Johnson looked like my doom, and then Kam and the refs combined to save my team.

Sep 19, 2008
This team will be for real when they win away games or at least show up. They played three solid games all at home. They played the Giants and looked terrible.

Need to take the lead early and assert yourself against this Falcons team. They got off to a very poor start vs NY. Other than that game the skins have pretty much been rolling in the first half (3 double digit leads if I'm not mistaken) . Hope they continue to play this well Sunday

Capathetic

May 26, 2011
Hankerson had a big game last week and I expect that to continue with a former team and weak secondary coming to thee A.

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
Atlanta is a machine right now. I'd be surprised if the Skins weren't double digit underdogs.

RandyHolt

Keep truckin'
Nov 3, 2006
**** Atlanta. They may beat us, but they are going to know they played us. And Kyle is still a sniveling little spoiled brat that owes what he is today to Kubiak. From giving him a coaching position to teaching him all that he knows.

He does some good things but the fact that he has to find a new job every year or 2 speaks for itself.

Last edited by a moderator:

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
**** Atlanta. They may beat us, but they are going to know they played us. And Kyle is still a sniveling little spoiled brat that owes what he is today to Kubiak. From giving him a coaching position to teaching him all that he knows.

He does some good things but the fact that he has to find a new job every year or 2 speaks for itself.

Wow Shanahate much?

Silver spoon or whatever but the guy can coach the offense....your head might explode when he becomes a head coach....;)

HunterSThompson

[}=[][][][][]
Jun 19, 2007
Washington, DC

I agree with the spirit of this, but wasn't last year the first he looked for a job.

RandyHolt

Keep truckin'
Nov 3, 2006
Shanahate, absolutely. His Resume:

2003 UCLA (Graduate assistant)
2004–2005 Tampa Bay Buccaneers (Offensive Quality Control)
2006 Houston Texans (WR)
2007 Houston Texans (QB)
2008–2009 Houston Texans (OC)
2010–2013 Washington Redskins (OC)
2014 Cleveland Browns (OC)
2015–present Atlanta Falcons (OC)

RandyHolt

Keep truckin'
Nov 3, 2006
No love for creating a new offense around RG3's skill set?

A little, but how hard was it to steal the Nevada Pistol?

I mean I am grateful that the skins FINALLY joined the rest of the league, and did not require our QBs to be under center any longer.

Anger remains for never trying to run spread up tempo before giving up on him, exactly what made us all enamored with him in the first place. Yet, did those same things when Cousins got into his handful of games.

Jacoby4HOF66

Pull my finger
Mar 13, 2009
Cle vs Atl......

Who doesn't want out of Cleveland?

Yeah, and with the CLE GM texting instructions to the coaches during games, I bet Baby Shanny had flash backs from his last year in DC and clearly wanted no more of that BS. Now he is in ATL with a true NFL franchise QB and a play making WR. He just needs to find a no name RB like Morris to flourish in his running game and ATL might be legit, on offense at least, this year.

I will always root for the Skins to win, but this might be the 1st time I am truly conflicted when it comes to the Skins opponent. I think Baby Shanny got a raw deal in DC and I hope he succeeds, even at the expense of the Skins. LiL Danny ****ed up choosing sides with his BFF QB over the Shanahan's. Griffin in street clothes for 4 weeks and counting is the undisputed proof.

Jacoby4HOF66

Pull my finger
Mar 13, 2009
No love for creating a new offense around RG3's skill set?

Maybe, but rich boy Manziel might feel more entitled than Griffin, if thats possible. Baby Shanny negotiated his exit and was snapped up by a better team. Can't fault him one bit.

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
Yeah, and with the CLE GM texting instructions to the coaches during games, I bet Baby Shanny had flash backs from his last year in DC and clearly wanted no more of that BS. Now he is in ATL with a true NFL franchise QB and a play making WR. He just needs to find a no name RB like Morris to flourish in his running game and ATL might be legit, on offense at least, this year.

I will always root for the Skins to win, but this might be the 1st time I am truly conflicted when it comes to the Skins opponent. I think Baby Shanny got a raw deal in DC and I hope he succeeds, even at the expense of the Skins. LiL Danny ****ed up choosing sides with his BFF QB over the Shanahan's. Griffin in street clothes for 4 weeks and counting is the undisputed proof.

Freeman is having a record setting start. 3 TDs in each of his first 3 games as a starter, following sitting for a bit due to a bad hammy. He's good, but he's running through holes you could drive a bandwagon through.

Jacoby4HOF66

Pull my finger
Mar 13, 2009
Freeman is having a record setting start. 3 TDs in each of his first 3 games as a starter, following sitting for a bit due to a bad hammy. He's good, but he's running through holes you could drive a bandwagon through.

Holes created by a line with Chris Chester starting on it. A line that had a lot of questions going into the season. Despite what some may say, Baby Shanny knows what he is doing. His scheme, heavily influenced by his Dad, works. The Shanahan's getting run out of town is another in a long list of organizational failures by LiL Danny's Redskins.

Ridley Simon

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Marin County — SF Bay Area, CA
Holes created by a line with Chris Chester starting on it. A line that had a lot of questions going into the season. Despite what some may say, Baby Shanny knows what he is doing. His scheme, heavily influenced by his Dad, works. The Shanahan's getting run out of town is another in a long list of organizational failures by LiL Danny's Redskins.

Meh. It was the whole package, not just Kyle. Mike wasnt a good GM. Good coach, but be outgrew being simply that role before coming to DC. They wanted too much power, and when received, didn't know what to do with it. Kyle also was a sheltered off spring of the top dog, who created drama and waves on his own. Let's not forget that. Your versions of his history have a very positive slant towards him. Dunno about that. Seems the Browns offense is doing just fine without him.

Let's see what kind of staying power the Falcons have. It wasn't that long ago that they won 12 or so games with Ryan. If they do something in the playoffs, then we can coronate Kyle etc. Until then, it's just his first 4 games. Sample size.

Skins now have the old fashioned GM and Coach separation. Let's keep it that way. The Shananan's weren't going to make it work here either, so best to move on.

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
We go .500, we win the NFC Least

I'm not going to sleep on the Giants yet. Inconsistency is their calling card. The years they've done well they've had some kind of horrible stretch thrown in, iirc. They have plenty of pieces and guys with experience.

Jacoby4HOF66

Pull my finger
Mar 13, 2009
Meh. It was the whole package, not just Kyle. Mike wasnt a good GM. Good coach, but be outgrew being simply that role before coming to DC. They wanted too much power, and when received, didn't know what to do with it. Kyle also was a sheltered off spring of the top dog, who created drama and waves on his own. Let's not forget that. Your versions of his history have a very positive slant towards him. Dunno about that. Seems the Browns offense is doing just fine without him.

Let's see what kind of staying power the Falcons have. It wasn't that long ago that they won 12 or so games with Ryan. If they do something in the playoffs, then we can coronate Kyle etc. Until then, it's just his first 4 games. Sample size.

Skins now have the old fashioned GM and Coach separation. Let's keep it that way. The Shananan's weren't going to make it work here either, so best to move on.

Drama and waves on his own? Talk about a skewed slant. Whatever, not getting into this discussion again. My comment was about Baby Shanny. In regards to him, he made Griffin a dynamic player and ROY. Without Baby Shanny Griffin is modeling Skins gear on the sidelines during games.

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
I haven't heard much talk about this anywhere so maybe I missed it, but does it say anything that Cousins put together a very nice game vs Philly despite a young and banged-up O-line?

Going back at least to Jason Campbell we've had excuses made for recent QBs not being able to get the ball out (and I admit I was guilty of it when RG3 was starting to struggle and seemingly under pressure more often).

Is it too early to read into that, regarding past QBs and what Cousins might be capable of? I doubt there was much of a way to shield him with 2 young guys on the right side and injuries the other way (and Williams with a bad penalty or two, iirc).

Sep 19, 2008
Other than press conference mishaps I fail to see any reason why he should be fired. So in terms of the reddit population Eli5 gruden fired for saying Robert was the starter and then changing his mind after seeing Cousins in camp.

You can complain all you want about his record. But not even belichick would have a winning record with last year's team. Already they're playing better with better assistant coaches and a gm. So to blame everything on gruden is just ridiculous. The jury isn't even out on him yet. It's been one season and already everyone wants him gone. Why? If you want to complain about off the field incidents fine... But on the field? What did he do?

On the field the redskins are competitive and love their coach. Even last year they beat Dallas and Philly. They had a few duds but the team was putrid defensively and had no offensive line. Both issues are addressed and gruden manned up and said he made rookie mistakes last year.

You all expected him to go out first year and dominate like Dan Quinn. This is Washington we're talking about here. It wasn't going to be a quick rebuild.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->