OT: 2015 Redskins Part I: Building America's Football Capital (0-0-0)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bananas

Mar 26, 2007

He looks like lynch lite on his reel. All good keep getting bigger and more physical. The thing about lynch that almost no one like him possess is his apparent imperviousness to injuries...guy absorbs more punishment than I've almost ever seen and absolutely refuses to get hurt.

Cush

Dec 1, 2002
Northern Virginia
Kind of warmed up to the Scherff pick, like the Smith selection, but Jones is a head scratcher. At least they traded down for it and have 2 picks in the top 13 for round 4

RandyHolt

Keep truckin'
Nov 3, 2006
I predicted a hands back before the trade down. We let Helu go early, creating a big hole.

We need one that can actually block, too. And they are not available late in the draft.

The injuries concern me but I don't see him as our feature back.

He was apparently the best back on the board even though he was projected in later rounds by some. Late 3rd is close to a 4th anyways. I read someone in the know had him projected as a late 3rd.

And of course he has size - Scots calling card.

I see him spelling Morris for more than just 3rd downs, and our offense will be less predictable with him in there.

Jacoby4HOF66

Pull my finger
Mar 13, 2009
I predicted a hands back before the trade down. We let Helu go early, creating a big hole.

We need one that can actually block, too. And they are not available late in the draft.

The injuries concern me but I don't see him as our feature back.

He was apparently the best back on the board even though he was projected in later rounds by some. Late 3rd is close to a 4th anyways. I read someone in the know had him projected as a late 3rd.

And of course he has size - Scots calling card.

I see him spelling Morris for more than just 3rd downs, and our offense will be less predictable with him in there.

I've never seen Jones play, but he apparently fits McClou's draft theme. Tough, physical, big, nasty, football players. Knee issues are a concern, and Keim tweeted after the pick he isn't a good pass catcher out of the back field, but the Skins desperately need a back that can block in pass pro. Sounds like he can do that.

Also, Keim and others have said leading up to the draft that Gruden isn't enamored with Morris like Shanahan was, and that a straight ahead runner, bruiser, would be an option in the draft. Thats Jones.

On day 3 it would be nice to see a speed rusher OLB (3rd down only), secondary and some more O-lineman taken.

Corby78

65 - 10 - 20
Jan 14, 2014
Ramstein Germany
Kind of warmed up to the Scherff pick, like the Smith selection, but Jones is a head scratcher. At least they traded down for it and have 2 picks in the top 13 for round 4

Agree, I wanted Williams with the first pick since he was still there, but Scherff does help fill a need. Got a nice LB guy in Smith, also a need. Jones? So many better options at 95 this one ticks me off. They could easily have gotten him in the 4th.

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
I think we're seeing that when SMc says "best player available" he means "the guy we like the most based on the way we assess players". It appears that they're targeting certain guys he's plucked out of the pack based on film and the combine, and probably narrowed down further from interviews. I don't have a problem with that because he's basing it on a philosophical approach that's worked in the past.

RandyHolt

Keep truckin'
Nov 3, 2006
I've never seen Jones play, but he apparently fits McClou's draft theme. Tough, physical, big, nasty, football players. Knee issues are a concern, and Keim tweeted after the pick he isn't a good pass catcher out of the back field, but the Skins desperately need a back that can block in pass pro. Sounds like he can do that.

Also, Keim and others have said leading up to the draft that Gruden isn't enamored with Morris like Shanahan was, and that a straight ahead runner, bruiser, would be an option in the draft. Thats Jones.

On day 3 it would be nice to see a speed rusher OLB (3rd down only), secondary and some more O-lineman taken.

I read that at the combine, he dominated at pass catching.

Interesting blurb about Morris, but on second thought its not really a surprise if he were to not like Mike's back. An OC needs to have his RB fit what he is doing. He already molds the O around RG3 and the ZBS largely still in place... and he has to cater to the RB too?

Comparable is Green-Ellis former Bengal IIRC

Ridley Simon

Feb 27, 2002
Marin County — SF Bay Area, CA
I think we're seeing that when SMc says "best player available" he means "the guy we like the most based on the way we assess players". It appears that they're targeting certain guys he's plucked out of the pack based on film and the combine, and probably narrowed down further from interviews. I don't have a problem with that because he's basing it on a philosophical approach that's worked in the past.

Yes this. Exactly. If this is what GMSM believes in, then keep at it. Have a plan, and execute.

There are a lot of good players left, so I'm excited for the next 2 picks. Having 7 more today is nice.

Clemmings the OT is still on most pundits boards (some had him round 2), as well as a few DL's and WR's. I'd be fine with that Baylor QB too.

Let's get it going today!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->