2015 Re-Draft, Five Years Later #3

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

ricky0034

Jun 8, 2010
pretty close between a bunch of guys here now so will just go with the best Center left(which is Aho)

Garthinater

Nov 22, 2015
Aho had a good post season but a full season and 94 points > a couple good series in the playoffs.

This should be marner but aho is close.

Oilers Propagandist

Relax junior, it’s just a post.
Aug 27, 2016
Edmonton, AB
Mhmm.. either aho, barzal or chabot for me in the top 5.
Went with aho.

To me, from what I’ve seen from the regular season and in the playoffs:
McDavid

Eichel
Aho
Barzal
Chabot
Werenski
Provorov
Rantanen
Carlo
Boeser
Marner
Konecny
Hanifin
Strome

Can’t justify putting Marner above many of those players, he goes casper on us when the playoffs start, just like Gaudreau. A couple of players are out of place but marner either keeps his spot or slides down.

Last edited by a moderator:

MMC

Global Moderator
May 11, 2014
Orange County, CA
Went with aho.

McDavid

Eichel
Aho
Barzal
Chabot
Werenski
Provorov
Rantanen
Carlo
Boeser
Marner
Konecny
Hanifin
Strome

Can’t justify putting Marner above many of those players, his cap hit is disgusting and he goes casper on us when the playoffs start, just like Gaudreau. A couple of players are out of place but marner either keeps his spot or slides down.
What does this have to do with a redraft?

NotLeddy

Trust the Yzerscam
Oct 23, 2018
How does Thomas Chabot have zero votes?

I wouldn't put him above Marner, but he'd be the second vote for me, a 1D who plays ridiculous minutes with Nikita Zaitsev as his most common D partner... and still floats.

Aho was one of the worst defensive forwards at 5v5 this season and yet he's going to win this poll unfortunately

LaMasquerade

Mar 11, 2018
Tampere
This is a strong draft, but my favorite player in the whole league after McD and MacK is Aho.. So him.. BTW. Love his name too! :D

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
Chabot is the best d man in this draft. He should go 5th after Aho then Barzal. Minute eater, once he gets someone to pass the puck too again he will be top 5/10 in d scoring.

AvroArrow

The way she goes
Jun 10, 2011
Toronto
3 Aho
4 Barzal
5 Mikko Rantanen (84 points in 71 games, last season 87 points previous year to that)

don't @ me, we can do a poll right now Marner vs Rantanen. I bet my accont Rantanen wins it.

these are the next 3.

Of course he would, it's HFboards :laugh: have you not seen the leafs polls here ? None can be taken seriously. Every single leafs fan votes for their guy, every other fan base votes for the opposite guy. Likewise with Edmonton. These are the same boards that claim Eichel > Matthews, despite Matthews out producing him at every single level, ever.

bobholly39

Mar 10, 2013
I voted Aho.

I think it should be Marner - but considering the question is "what happens in a re-draft" - I think reputation is a big component here, and I think Marner's rep is unjustly a bit hurt currently, due to Leaf's lack of playoff success/his big contract + negotiations.

bobholly39

Mar 10, 2013
What does this have to do with a redraft?

It actually has a bit to do with it imo. His reputation isn't all that good - for a combination of the high cap hit he obtained as well as the lack of playoff success for the Leafs. I think Marner is probably the best player here (he's even close to Eichel) - but I think the somewhat negative reputation impacts him a bit, and in a re-draft Aho is picked ahead.

I take re-draft to be "knowing what we know today" - and we know all this stuff from him. Doesn't mean he gets drafted with his current cap hit - but the reputation of how he held out on negotiations/playoffs hurts him a bit.

bobholly39

Mar 10, 2013
Of course he would, it's HFboards :laugh: have you not seen the leafs polls here ? None can be taken seriously. Every single leafs fan votes for their guy, every other fan base votes for the opposite guy. Likewise with Edmonton. These are the same boards that claim Eichel > Matthews, despite Matthews out producing him at every single level, ever.

Yeah, Leaf polls are funny. For what it's worth - I think both Marner and Ranta are quite comparable in potential. They're never going to be consistently be the best, or among the best 3-5 players in the league - but I could see either of them winning a ross/awards in a perfect storm of a career year once. And consistent top 10 scorers or so, maybe a bit more.

Space Coyote

Oct 29, 2010
Went with aho.

McDavid

Eichel
Aho
Barzal
Chabot
Werenski
Provorov
Rantanen
Carlo
Boeser
Marner
Konecny
Hanifin
Strome

Can’t justify putting Marner above many of those players, he goes casper on us when the playoffs start, just like Gaudreau. A couple of players are out of place but marner either keeps his spot or slides down.

A very strong troll attempt the fact you have Carlo two spots ahead of Marner. :laugh:

Reactions: Dion TheFluff

Oilers Propagandist

Relax junior, it’s just a post.
Aug 27, 2016
Edmonton, AB
A very strong troll attempt the fact you have Carlo two spots ahead of Marner. :laugh:
It’s been a while mate. Re-read what I said though. Marner stays in his position and the players below him could take Carlo’s spot. His talent is there but I don’t really buy into him. He’s really disappointed me regarding his post season play.

LeafGrief

Shambles in my brain
Apr 10, 2015
Ottawa
Voted Marner, but had a hard time picking between him and Aho. I've got Aho next and Chabot coming in at #5.

abo9

Jun 25, 2017
Crazy how this draft is only 5 years old and most of the guys on the list are already household names, or I would consider almost veterans lol

Dion TheFluff

Jun 22, 2015
any one of Marner, Aho, Barzal, Rantanen and Werenski would be fine here. So many good players in this draft.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->